Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

asics kayano vs. addidas energy boost
Quote | Reply
Need a new shoe for my wife. She is having foot problems and these two shoes were recommended. Has anyone run in both and can compare them head to head? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: asics kayano vs. addidas energy boost [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would highly suggest your wife do her own shoe shopping at a running shoe specialty shop. While both shoes offer great cushioning the feel of that cushioning is very different. Its like raspberry and blueberry yogurt both great but we're each gonna have our own favorites.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of problems is she having?

The only good shoes Adidas makes for running nowadays are the Adizero Boost (including Boston version) and the Takumis. If she would benedit from low drop, the Takumi Ren are the only choice given by Adidas (but they're so minimalist that I doubt that's an option).
Other than those they are all so subpar compared to competition that I don't see a reason to advise them to anyone.
I never got an Asics that fit my feet since I was an adult (toe box) so I can't speak about them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The energy boost is a neutral shoe, the kayano is a stability shoe.

I'm not sure what whomever recommended these two shoes was thinking, or if they were since they are different classes.

If you want a stability adidas shoe look at the supernova ST. if you want a neutral asics look at the Nimbus or Cumulus.

I've run in all these except the energy boost. All are pretty well cushioned shoes. I'd probably rank them most to least as Nimbus, Supernova ST, Kayano, Cumulus

The kayano may have more stability than the supernova's.

EDIT: she may also want to try the Adidas Supernova which is a neutral shoe while the Supernova ST is a stability shoe.

hope that helps.

I'd also agree with whomever said that she should go and try them all on and run up/down the store or a sidewalk to see what she thinks of each.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Nov 16, 17 10:09
Quote Reply
Re: asics kayano vs. addidas energy boost [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I'm not sure what whomever recommended these two shoes was thinking, or if they were since they are different classes.

yea, those recommendations don't make sense. the recommendation of something from two totally different genres suggests that the recommender didn't really know what he/she was talking about.

Quote:
I'd also agree with whomever said that she should go and try them all on and run up/down the store or a sidewalk to see what she thinks of each.

yes, go to a run speciality shop and do due diligence (not you, OP, her).
Quote Reply