Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why would someone take
Quote | Reply
Leaf bags ?

At 3:00 I had about 20 bags on street / curb. I just walked out at 8:00 to drag the last 4 to curb and there was only 8. After scratching my head and looking around for 5 mins I realized someone took them.

Is there a demand for leaves? I have a shit load of them and want to commoditze this if I can.

Da fuk

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Why would someone take [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swear people will take anything whether they need them or not, just for the sake of stealing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bags of leaves piled up for a couple of years break down and make an awesome compost/soil additive. They empty them out of the bags of course.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe someone shredding them for compost?
Quote Reply
Re: Why would someone take [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bagged them. They were mulched so probably good for that. But they were fresh.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Why would someone take [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
This.

Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

That’s my only guess. I’ve been putting leaves out for decades and have NEVER seen someone take them. This time of year on weekends there’s 1000’s of them around. Last year I averaged 20-25 a week and never noticed them taken. Maybe I just never noticed.

But it’s bizarre that someone would take them. I even looked in my neighbors driveway to see if they took them. He’s been kidding he wants to have more then me one weekend.

Not mad just stumped ?

Quote Reply
Re: Why would someone take [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
This.

Only reason I question that is everyone around here has leaves. In fact it’s a PITA if you bag them cause you can only put out 15 bags a week. It would almost have to be a company selling compost or mulch in spring.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They were probably picked up by a ‘professional’ landscaper for a job he was doing somewhere else. He probably charged the naive homeowner $20/bag.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Leaf bags ?

At 3:00 I had about 20 bags on street / curb. I just walked out at 8:00 to drag the last 4 to curb and there was only 8. After scratching my head and looking around for 5 mins I realized someone took them.

Is there a demand for leaves? I have a shit load of them and want to commoditze this if I can.

Da fuk
Ya , Hi. um my wife has a Landscape business . Leaf mulch is like awesome for enriching soil.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Why would someone take [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ya , Hi. um my wife has a Landscape business . Leaf mulch is like awesome for enriching soil.

Would she go around and collect bags ?

Every landscaper I know is looking for an angle to get rid of them.

I texted my sister who had stopped by when I was finishing up. She called to say they saw a guy sheepishly dragging a bag to his car on their drive over. It stood out because it’s just bizarre for someone around here to take leaf bags.

I just want the bags back if I can! More power to whoever took them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

Would she go around and collect bags ?

Every landscaper I know is looking for an angle to get rid of them.

I texted my sister who had stopped by when I was finishing up. She called to say they saw a guy sheepishly dragging a bag to his car on their drive over. It stood out because it’s just bizarre for someone around here to take leaf bags.

I just want the bags back if I can! More power to whoever took them.
I can only guess the guy is using them to make a path through some weed bed or fill in a drive through some brush. pretty common.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you dumping your leaves in a landfill or do you have green waste recycling? My city has a big vacuum truck that comes by once a week and sucks up all our leaves. We just have to have them piled near the curb.
Quote Reply
Re: Why would someone take [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
Are you dumping your leaves in a landfill or do you have green waste recycling? My city has a big vacuum truck that comes by once a week and sucks up all our leaves. We just have to have them piled near the curb.
My town green collection. There’s some neighboring towns you can blow them to the street and they collect.
I used to live next to a township leaf dump. The police had to monitor because locals could dump there. Landscapers would try to sneak in so they closed it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only thing that stops me from doing it is I don't have a truck. I'd probably ask first though. I'm always looking for compost material.
Quote Reply