Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin HRM Tri Strap Not Working
Quote | Reply
My Garmin HRM-Tri strap stopped working. I've tried replacing the battery (twice), but that hasn't helped. After both battery changes I was able to get it to connect once or twice to a device, but it wouldn't send data, and then it stopped connecting. Anything to try before throwing it in the trash?

Thanks!

Eric

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM Tri Strap Not Working [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
call Garmin for a warranty replacement. the strap calls it quits eventually

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe a dumb suggestion, but did you try wetting the contacts and wearing the strap when you pair it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a similar issue with my Garmin swim HR strap. It connects then I go for a swim but then won’t transfer data to my 920xt. Not sure what the issue is or why. Is it losing connection during the swim?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try shorting the terminals for a few minutes. Easiest way is to insert the battery wrong side down, then replace it the correct way. Sometimes this works..
Last edited by: asgagd: Nov 12, 17 6:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue on several straps but solved it. Put on the heart rate monitor strap. Go into settings on the receiving unit. scroll down to heart rate. Your unit has to reconnect again with HRM. Of course this will only work if you have good batteries.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM Tri Strap Not Working [new_trimes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have to stop save the activity with out heart rate. Then to into the history select the swim and there would be an option to still sync the data. That world usually work. Hate Garmin software... This was my 925xt pattern. My 935 works as expected with the same strap.
Quote Reply