Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Emotional Support Animals
Quote | Reply
Florida says "hold my beer," again...

http://www.foxnews.com/...upport-squirrel.html

Quote | Reply
I fell off my bike when I was 6. Can I have a new puppy?

I am all for service animals and support animals in cases where it makes sense. To me though, this seems a little bit like, "Wacky guy nurses squirrel back to health, isn't grown up enough to let go and looks for any way possible to keep it."

Of course I've been told I'm an insensitive asshole so who knows...
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional Support Animals [Sideways] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we had a woman on a flight a couple weeks ago that had two emotional support dog, little terrier types. but they weren't both for her, one dog was an emotional support animal for her emotional support animal.

i hate people.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional Support Animals [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
we had a woman on a flight a couple weeks ago that had two emotional support dog, little terrier types. but they weren't both for her, one dog was an emotional support animal for her emotional support animal.

i hate people.

Sweet mother of God. If your emotional support ankle biter requires a crutch of its own, maybe you should have chosen an emotionally stronger animal...or you really, really suck at life.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone now has to accommodate other peoples’ mental illnesses and play along with their delusions.

Men can be women, squirrels can be emotional support and everything is racist.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional Support Animals [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Everyone now has to accommodate other peoples’ mental illnesses and play along with their delusions.

Have we reached the point where I'm allowed to say that I identify as a cat, or is that still on the get-locked-in-the-psych-ward side of the line?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional Support Animals [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Have we reached the point where I'm allowed to say that I identify as a cat, or is that still on the get-locked-in-the-psych-ward side of the line?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

If you identify as a cat and I use you as an emotional support animal you get to fly free
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional Support Animals [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you identify as a cat and I use you as an emotional support animal you get to fly free

Nice! er, purrrrr

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Just watched a great documentary last night, called “Kedi”, about the cats of Istanbul. It was really good.

I wouldn’t go so far as saying I’m a cat but if there is reincarnation I’m coming back as a street cat in Istanbul.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional Support Animals [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that in the theatre. It was good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I saw that in the theatre. It was good.

I identified with some of those cats.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why our standard lease is now 76 pages long single-spaced.
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional Support Animals [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I flew last Friday and sat with of a lady that had an emotional support dog. The lady was open about the fact she bought a yellow vest on-line so the dog could accompany her when she traveled. Unknown to me, during the flight, the dog chewed on my leather briefcase. I didn't notice the briefcase until after the bitch got off the plane.

I'm starting to hate people.

Madduck wrote:

i hate people.
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional Support Animals [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't wait too start bringing my emotional support honey badger to work...

Quote | Reply
Don’t hate on Peapod the Pocket Squirrel.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sideways wrote:

You found one that cares?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you do you won't have to take no sh t.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sideways wrote:

• Is this animal required because of a disability?
  • What work or task has this animal been trained to perform?

• If you don't have good answers to those questions than I can kick your sorry ass animal the fuck out of my hotel.

• Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Go Pound Sand wrote:
    I flew last Friday and sat with of a lady that had an emotional support dog. The lady was open about the fact she bought a yellow vest on-line so the dog could accompany her when she traveled. Unknown to me, during the flight, the dog chewed on my leather briefcase. I didn't notice the briefcase until after the bitch got off the plane.

Madduck wrote:

i hate people.

So all I need is a yellow vest? Will the traffic ones I sell for PPE be sufficient?
    Quote Reply
    Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Go Pound Sand wrote:

I'm starting to hate people

This is one of the things I most despise about some dog owners. Emotional support dogs are one of the biggest travel scams going. I can't believe all the lying bullshit that airlines are forced to swallow because some fuck-wad wants to game the system and fly with their dog. During my most recent flight, someone's dog was yapping and whining during the entire flight.

The beach we live on in Florida does not allow animals, except service animals. You wouldn't believe the sudden explosion of service dogs that now terrorize beach goers because they're running around unleashed and shitting wherever and whenever they want - but they're fully-equipped with their Amazon-bought fake service vest. It's all 100 percent lying scammers.

Most disappointing to me is that my future daughter-in-law, along with her POS uncle who's a physician, recently scammed the apartment complex she just moved-in to so that she could live with her dog - a dog that miraculously became a physician-ordered emotional support dog overnight.

All this just hurts the folks who really depend upon service animals to get along day-to-day.

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
    Quote Reply
    Re: Emotional Support Animals [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    windschatten wrote:
    Go Pound Sand wrote:

Madduck wrote:

i hate people.

Don't hate on the innocent victim, sue the Airline.

The only way to get that nonsense to stop is by hurting their bottom line. After all, you were emotionally attached to your briefcase.

Per my understanding and what our company tells us is that the airlines are required to follow ADA laws. We can’t say no and we can’t ask questions.

Who are you referencing as the innocent victim? Hopefully not the owners who are buying the vests online? The people who buy the vest online know exactly what they are doing and that they are skirting the system?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
    we're doomed
    Quote Reply
    Re: Emotional Support Animals [JSully] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    JSully wrote:
    Sideways wrote:

• Is this animal required because of a disability?
  • What work or task has this animal been trained to perform?

• If you don't have good answers to those questions than I can kick your sorry ass animal the fuck out of my hotel.
  • Work induced anxiety.
    It would we keep co-workers from causing me anxiety.

Quote | Reply
    It's not just the airlines, people are also taking the dogs to grocery stores and restaurants

Really people?
    Quote Reply

Prev Next