Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Aerohead [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great response, thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had zero fogging issues with this giro raced 4-5 times in it in all kinda of conditions.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone needs a new shield- I found the source- $60 plus $3 shipping- see below:

Steve:

Thank you for your email. The shield can be purchased by calling 800-456-2355, depending on the size of your helmet. It will retail at $60.00 with a $3.00.

Steve Helgemo
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can also get it at all3sports.com but its showing sold out right now on their website.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did my first 70.3 in the Aerohead. I liked the helmet but after two hours, I was annoyed with the visor resting on my cheeks as others have mentioned. No prob for a half, but for a full this is gonna be rough.

I called Giro today and asked about the new spec visor to see if I had the old one or the new one and the rep had NO idea what I was talking about. Put me on hold to find out and did not find anything about a new visor. She simply came back and said that she wasn't sure about a new visor but they would just ship me one ASAP. I would like to note I am very impressed by their service department being so eager replace. I was not being rude nor did I express discontent, they just wanted to make me happy. For that reason, Giro has made me a big fan of their company as I place a premium on this kind of service.

In any event, how do I know if I have the old visor or the new one? My helmet has a MFG date of 07/16. Cant seem to find the visor date cut off anywhere. Worst case scenario I have a replacement I can try to file down to a more comfortable fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any news on the helmet case

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tested it twice now. Once on my pursuit bike in my UCI legal position and the other on my TT bike in my CTT position. The result were it was slow on the first and really slow on the second.

Also worth noting that an the AeroCoach Facebook page you can see that when they tested it on Hamish Bond it was the worst performer (the S-Works, Cerebral, and Wasp were all faster). That said, it is very fast on some people. Just goes to show how the marketing is BS when it's so reliant on individual position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anybody find this helmet a bit warm compared to lg p-09? I have both and need to get out on some warm days and test with the lg p-09 to see if it feels warm to make sure it's not just my imagination making me think the aerohead is much warmer. It's possible the issue is with lg p-09 in the past I've worn it with out the visor so more wind to cool me off. I had a sprint race this past weekend and with the aerohead sweat was just pouring down my face. granted it was a little warm and I need a haircut. I do prefer the aerohead for comfort but I'm concerned about the heat.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
anybody find this helmet a bit warm compared to lg p-09? I have both and need to get out on some warm days and test with the lg p-09 to see if it feels warm to make sure it's not just my imagination making me think the aerohead is much warmer. It's possible the issue is with lg p-09 in the past I've worn it with out the visor so more wind to cool me off. I had a sprint race this past weekend and with the aerohead sweat was just pouring down my face. granted it was a little warm and I need a haircut. I do prefer the aerohead for comfort but I'm concerned about the heat.

Yup...tons of sweat for me too. Without the visor it is just fine. I wonder if it has anything to do with exhalation being more likely to get "inside" the helmet with the visor on.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
badgertri wrote:
mickison wrote:

Yup...tons of sweat for me too. Without the visor it is just fine. I wonder if it has anything to do with exhalation being more likely to get "inside" the helmet with the visor on.

without visor is fine but I thought I read it's much slower without visor. I thought I read somewhere that the lg p-09 tested faster or at least as fast without visor. so lg-p09 without visor is so much cooler.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely warm...definitely the fastest helmet I have tried.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raced my aerohead for the first time this weekend. Went from a Lazer wasp air. Agree that it's warmer, but not so much that I won't wear it for IMFL later this year. Really comfortable, and race was 80+ degrees with nearly 100% humidity and had no fog issues. Sprayed the visor with rainx. Only issue is jackass knocking it off the bike in transition and having to find the visor and helmet on the ground after the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Good to know. I haven't tried mine outdoors yet and planning to use it at IM Copenhagen in late August. Weather is usually "cool" in high 70's/low 80's. But it could rain and I don't believe it will be humid.

I actually have the non-triathlon version, Aerohead Ultimate, got it on a highly discounted deal from a friend. Not sure if I'll be frying afterwards. Anyone have any experience with this version?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rjrankin wrote:
Raced my aerohead for the first time this weekend. Went from a Lazer wasp air. Agree that it's warmer, but not so much that I won't wear it for IMFL later this year. Really comfortable, and race was 80+ degrees with nearly 100% humidity and had no fog issues. Sprayed the visor with rainx. Only issue is jackass knocking it off the bike in transition and having to find the visor and helmet on the ground after the race.

I find it really comfortable. I'm not anywhere close enough to FOP that, if it is faster for me compared to lg p-09, that it would make any huge impact. but I like the comfort of it. The visor I find really nice. the lg p-09 is fine I just don't link how it closes down around my ears. I had fog issues on first ride but used some product recommended here and it's been fine since.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
Any news on the helmet case

Call them today. I believe they got a shipment in yesterday.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank u!!!
Just ordered 60 plus shipping

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got thlet case in and very high quality. Has a separate section for the visor

Well worth the 68 shipped and taxed!!!

Highly recommend it

I have pics on my phone which I will try to upload but message me if anyone wants them

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
out of cases until November :/

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did u call giro I ordered directly from them literally less than 2 weeks ago

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep called this morning.
Slept on it too long I suppose

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh darn

Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Ultimate. Haven't raced much in it (wore it 3 times). It's just as hot as the aero helmets I have used. But, I don't notice these difference very well, all helmets (incl Road) are hot to me ;)

Visor has fogged up once (hot and damp) , but I hadn't used my usual dish soap for it. The other times I did I had no problems. The selector and Scott Split I had also fogged up when I didn't use this. After this weekend I will know more, have 2 races (60 and 70km tt's, so enough time to get hor or not! ) coming up this weekend.
I do TT's instead of triathlons though.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brianwchan wrote:
Hey, thanks for the info. I actually called Giro this morning, they asked for the manufacturing date of the helmet (9/2016) and confirmed that it indeed had the newer visor. According to them, they trimmed the visor by 4mm in Version 2.

I will probably try spacing the helmet out first and see if I can ride that way comfortably. Otherwise will probably break out the dremel. Looks like they sell replacement visors now, in case I screw up badly.

I called Giro right now and they told me that they never updated the shield/visor for the aerohead, just the attack. Seems like we are getting different answers.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
longtrousers wrote:
hutchy_belfast wrote:
I had the normal version, it was hot and tested significantly slower than the p09. It felt very claustrophobic as well. Back on eBay it went.

I tested it only a couple of times in cool weather (upto 16°C = 61°F) , so can not tell if the helmet is hot to me. Did you have a white or a black version?

I feel very comfortable with the helmet, very spacy and it is better to me than my old Giro Advantage with sunglasses. As a matter of fact, I had a headache during my last IM I think because of the arms of the sunglasses between the helmet and head. So at least that problem is solved.

The only problem I had upto now with the Aerohead was the lost contact lens. But that's not a killer for me, I still have the other eye and even if they fall both out I can still race, having only +2 on both eyes.

Lost my left contact lens yesterday again, closed the left hole in the visor now with tape, see if that helps.
Grinded 5 mm of the bottom of the visor, because it was resting on my cheekbones.
Always something to tinker...

Small update:
Rode the Aerohead (standard version) in Kona and it was great, did not notice the helmet: no problems with heat or fogging. No issues with my contactlenses either.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:

Small update:
Rode the Aerohead (standard version) in Kona and it was great, did not notice the helmet: no problems with heat or fogging. No issues with my contactlenses either.

Do you have a photo of the visor ground down? Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next