Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [timmywins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timmywins wrote:
The extensions start out at the 22.2 standard size, then as they extend out they get thicker. Thats why none of the standard garmin mounts work.

I never noticed, must not be much of a difference. I didn't use those extensions for long, but I did have a garmin mount attached. This is the mount I have, it's a two-piece bracket so it fits even if extension size is a little off standard.

https://smile.amazon.com/X-Lab-C-Fast-Computer-Mount-Black/dp/B00OPEZ8GI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505927247&sr=8-2&keywords=XLAB+C-Fast
Last edited by: jsk: Sep 20, 17 10:08
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Installed the PD Aeria Ultimate bar and stem today. I couldn't use the stem cap or stem expander as they didn't fit in my 1 1/8" steerer tube. No real biggie.

Put the Zipp EVO 110 extensions on there instead of the PD extensions.

How are people routing the brake cables/housings with this combo?

I'm putting SRAM eTap on there tomorrow so I need to find a clean way to run the Clic and Blip wires. Looks like the Blipbox will go right on the stem pretty nicely.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you please post a picture of your set up when completed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i installed it on my Cervelo P3. basic installation very easy
tried outside and I had to adjust the pads with spacers...
this operation on this bar system is a hell! you can't do it alone for sure. you need somebody helping you on holding the screw holes in place otherwise you ll never make it
i can't imagine who thought this system for the spacers. yes you have plenty of options for the spacers but how you screw them in is unbelievable!

my first impression is very positive in riding
very negative in setting it up with different spacers than default

any other?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
can you please post a picture of your set up when completed.

+1
Yes, Please do.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Can the AU be configured for a standard bottle BTA?

Yes, the bridge for the spacer pedestal can have a BTA attachment added.
You have fore/aft adjustment by choosing which of the squares locks into the hole on the bridge:

This is the same BTA mount that fits on the J5 bridge.
I realise that the instructions for the AU are sparse and that this sort of info should be covered, I shall be taking charge of improving the information for the bar.

The downside of any integrated bar is less flexibility compared to a modular setup. However, the AU narrows the differential to the point that there isn't a practical downside. The modular bars can get the pads slightly wider but we're talking 27 vs 29 cm so it's special case territory anyway. Obviously the cost is a non-trivial factor, but that mostly goes towards speed.

Holy crap the instructions that came with this suck.

How the hell do you mount the stuff pictured above?

Last edited by: The GMAN: Sep 30, 17 11:19
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
cyclenutnz wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Can the AU be configured for a standard bottle BTA?

Yes, the bridge for the spacer pedestal can have a BTA attachment added.
You have fore/aft adjustment by choosing which of the squares locks into the hole on the bridge:

This is the same BTA mount that fits on the J5 bridge.
I realise that the instructions for the AU are sparse and that this sort of info should be covered, I shall be taking charge of improving the information for the bar.

The downside of any integrated bar is less flexibility compared to a modular setup. However, the AU narrows the differential to the point that there isn't a practical downside. The modular bars can get the pads slightly wider but we're talking 27 vs 29 cm so it's special case territory anyway. Obviously the cost is a non-trivial factor, but that mostly goes towards speed.

Holy crap the instructions that came with this suck.

How the hell do you mount the stuff pictured above?

The bridge you are showing in your message is not the same as the one sold separately that can be attached to the J5 brackets itself.
http://www.trisports.com/...n-j5-bta-bridge.html

It looks like the one you have has to be used like a spacer below the armrest?! (you cannot bolt it to the J5 as it is "integrated")

Did it come stock with the aerobar?
Doesn't PD provide a picture or explanations with the bridge?
Do you think it could it be used with other PD extensions?

Edit: link not working
Last edited by: the slow guy: Oct 2, 17 1:13
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [the slow guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the slow guy wrote:
The bridge you are showing in your message is not the same as the one sold separately that can be attached to the J5 brackets itself.

It looks like the one you have has to be used like a spacer below the armrest?! (you cannot bolt it to the J5 as it is "integrated")

No, the instructions don't show how to do it, as mentioned - they are woeful.

The J5 bridge only fits the J5 clipon bracket
the aeria Ultimate bridge that the GMAN is referring to only fits on the AU. It replaces a 5mm pedestal spacer.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:

the aeria Ultimate bridge that the GMAN is referring to only fits on the AU. It replaces a 5mm pedestal spacer.
Yes, I guessed!
Will a BTA bridge that can work with other PD extension brackets be developed one day?
Seems easy to do, and there is nearly nothing on the market...
thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
the slow guy wrote:

I figured it out. There are no instructions at all when it comes to the BTA mount. None. There's not even a mention as to what it is. Had I not seen it in this thread already I'd have no earthly idea what it was.

Additionally, the half a page instructions for the whole setup (yes, that's all you get is half a page) include this line about the armrest spacers: 4. Aerobar bracket riser kits are included to increase the armrest height. Choose the amount of height increase needed and corresponding bolts using the attached chart.

There's no attached chart. There's like 10 different hardware bolt sets that are clearly marked but there's no chart. It would have been nice for some mention of what the base stack is with the tilt hardware. I had to figure that out. It's 20mm for those wanting to know. So I put on another 20mm spacer plus the 5mm for the BTA bridge with a slam stem. So I needed the 45 mm hardware bolt set. Once again, it would've been nice to have that info in front of me so I don't have to figure it out on my own.

A to A+ grade for quality of product. Super nice bar and stem system.
F for instructions. We are talking about cheap, Japanese toy level of instruction manuals for an aerobar system that costs $1,200.

Others should follow TriRig's lead on this. Their instructions on their website for the Alpha X are near perfect.

Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

I figured it out. There are no instructions at all when it comes to the BTA mount. None. There's not even a mention as to what it is. Had I not seen it in this thread already I'd have no earthly idea what it was.

Additionally, the half a page instructions for the whole setup (yes, that's all you get is half a page) include this line about the armrest spacers: 4. Aerobar bracket riser kits are included to increase the armrest height. Choose the amount of height increase needed and corresponding bolts using the attached chart.

There's no attached chart. There's like 10 different hardware bolt sets that are clearly marked but there's no chart. It would have been nice for some mention of what the base stack is with the tilt hardware. I had to figure that out. It's 20mm for those wanting to know. So I put on another 20mm spacer plus the 5mm for the BTA bridge with a slam stem. So I needed the 45 mm hardware bolt set. Once again, it would've been nice to have that info in front of me so I don't have to figure it out on my own.

A to A+ grade for quality of product. Super nice bar and stem system.
F for instructions. We are talking about cheap, Japanese toy level of instruction manuals for an aerobar system that costs $1,200.

Others should follow TriRig's lead on this. Their instructions on their website for the Alpha X are near perfect.

I do agree the instructions are very poor. Plus there is very few picture of the whole setup assembled, so for the routing part through the stem it's basically a trial and error..

@[The GMAN] Can you send a picture of your setup and some explanations regarding the BTA? I have the parts, but didn't spend the time to try to figure it out yet..
Last edited by: karmakomae: Oct 2, 17 9:54
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [karmakomae] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to nix the BTA mount for now. The tilt extension spacer thing has to go on top as it's affixed to the armrests, and the BTA bridge spacer goes between the aforementioned tilt thing and any other armrest spacers. In order to use the BTA bridge and mount you need about 30-35 mm of clearance underneath for the Aeria Ultimate stem top plate. I only have a 20mm spacer underneath right now. We shall see after I ride it a few times whether or not I need to add spacers.

I will take some pics later of what the BTA bridge and spacer looks like together.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Oct 2, 17 13:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you post pics of your setup? Curious to see the AU in a real-life setup. Also interested in your opinion on the bar now that you've survived the install.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know I owe you guys some pics of my setup but I’m trying a couple of things to clean up the eTap Blip Box and Clics/Blips wires. So I don’t have it where I want it yet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have any pictures of the stem and bar set up together yet? Pics online still seem scarce. Trying to set up on a new P2 with Tririg brakes and Di2. My mechanic has some reservations about some of the angles the rear brake cable will have to make if routed internally through the bar and stem and through the top of the top tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet jesus, those clamps from the Eurobike pics are lovely.

My favorite extension to this day is the Sonic Stryke, with the original exit holes removed, and new ones drilled through the back of the extension like these ones. The ergonomics of that bar are easily as good as Zipp's EVO 70.

Currently I have them strapped to a custom USE Tula inspired base bar I built, as they are the only extensions around with a flat mounting surface on the bottom. I'd wager they could be retrofitted to quite a number of different base systems that now exist.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [Elktonkool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had no issue routing the brake housing and cable through the bar and stem. TriRig Omega X brakes and Dimond frame.

Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [Elktonkool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to use the stem with a tririg front brake (with the 'no hanger back plate') and a PD Svet basebar. I have the stem but it doesn't come with a cable stop for centre pull brakes. CycleNutz is trying to get PD to send me one though, so fingers crossed. Will post pics if/when I get it all sorted.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PD Customer Service sent me the cable stop about a week ago. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. I'm trying to do roughly the same thing with a different basebar than your Svet.

CS was pretty insistent that the stop won't work unless you have a base bar with the cables coming out the center of the clamp. I've got a base bar I've modified to route that way which I'm going to try it with. I can also try routing another way. Not sure when I will get to it though. I will post pics as well whenever it happens.

-Mike

Vertex Fit Systems (http://www.vertexfitsystems.com) | Bikeworks (http://www.bikeworksma.com) | Russo Racing (http://www.r2tri.com)
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
Sweet jesus, those clamps from the Eurobike pics are lovely.

Thanks. The aim was a clean, low stack setup with lots of adjustment. It has turned out pretty well.

Quote:
My favorite extension to this day is the Sonic Stryke, .

Pity they were so short (and I am not). I might suggest that you watch this space though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I appreciate the sentiment - you are clearly an engineer with connections that gets shit done, I'm an engineer that just builds it myself.

I have a Lulzbot Taz 6 with nearly a 12x12x12 capacity, so anything I can imagine is generally something I can bring to life these days.

The Stryke's length was perfect for me. I have a short upper body, but long arms (moreso in the upper rather than the forearm), so they are just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could someone who owns this bar clarify the min/max pad reach offset values from the center of the bar. PD claims "Reach: -21mm to 92mm". Their graphs suggest these values are to the rear of the pads. However, these seem way off. Their claimed stack values of 25mm - 105mm are a joke, so I'm assuming these reach values are measured to some other (mysterious) point as well.

After some thought, could the reach values be -21 to -92? These make more sense.

If you can, shed some light, please.
Last edited by: snny: Oct 21, 17 8:51
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
I would wait to make any decision until the week of Kona. Just sayin'. ;-)

Hi Jim - was there a new bar announced in Kona?

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [snny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I belive those measurements are from the center of where the stem clamps to the bar.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Delayed a few weeks. I'd look to the first week of November.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply

Prev Next