Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wanna Live Longer? Life Extension Drugs Are On The Horizon
Quote | Reply
Faster, please. Before we all become too old to benefit from them. ;-)

"Imagine taking a pill that could extend your lifespan. This plotline exists in the pages of science fiction novels, but a class of drug that supports healthy aging, known as a senolytic drug, is currently being tested, and if proven safe, could do more than add years to your life. A new study which showed the drugs prevented age-related bone loss in mice has important implications in treating a host of other diseases related to aging, researchers said.

Cells constantly divide, a process that allows us to grow and heal, but as we age, some cells stop dividing and become “senescent.” These cells also emit toxins that contribute to a number of health conditions such as cancer, dementia, and arthritis. The older we are, the more of these senescent cells we accumulate. Enter senolytic drugs.

These drugs are designed to clear away senescent cells while leaving adjacent cells unharmed. According to the research, published online in Nature Medicine, these drugs supported healthy aging in mice and prevented bone loss. Considering that clearing senescent cells improves cardiovascular function and reduces frailty and other issues, this treatment could have important implications for treating not only osteoporosis, but other age-related problems, the authors wrote."

Want To Live Longer? Life Extension Drugs On Horizon; How They Work

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Wanna Live Longer? Life Extension Drugs Are On The Horizon [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah.

I'm already tired of everyone whining non-stop about "milllenials." I couldn't take a world with like a dozen different generations of people all whining about every generation younger than theirs.

Old people need to die. They just do.
Quote Reply
Re: Wanna Live Longer? Life Extension Drugs Are On The Horizon [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fuck no , i already told my kids I’ll walk out back and shoot myself before they have to take care of me.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d rather download into a robot body with a 200 year battery. And a giant hydraulic schlong.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sign me up. I take a daily regimen of supplements daily because I not only want to live to see my kids grow older but I want to stay fit, both mentally and physically. It sucks to see your body deteriorate even though you workout regularly. If I thought my mind was going I'd voluntarily become soylent green.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Wanna Live Longer? Life Extension Drugs Are On The Horizon [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
I’d rather download into a robot body with a 200 year battery. And a giant hydraulic schlong.

Now that's a program I could support. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply