Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2017 MotoGP/WSBK Pre-season and the season itself! [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I didn't think Rossi was going to be able to win the championship this year - just hasn't been able to keep the Yamaha going in the last part of each race - but was gutted to see him get injured as he always make a race more interesting.

Anyway - the rest of the season. DesmoDovi is on fire and momentum and confidence is a big part of racing. Marquez can never be counted out as he seems to be able to pull results out of the hat - a'la Rossi in the past. Even Hondas can blow up apparently.
Vinales is the the outside shot to me - his blistering start to the season having faltered, with even good qualifying ending with struggles on Sunday's.

I think the end of the season sees
Dovi - 1st, Marquez - 2nd, Vinales -3rd
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 MotoGP/WSBK Pre-season and the season itself! [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can see Ducati doing well at Misano tomorrow. After Misano though, I think the tracks may favor the Honda and Yamaha bikes. Anything can happen. I watched Q2 today, and they were talking about rain for tomorrow. So, will be interesting. My feeling is it may come down to Valencia, but I think Marquez is most likely to win the championship.

I am pulling for Vinales, and as you said his middle season sorta drooped. Hopefully this pole will kick start some good results during the run in.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 MotoGP/WSBK Pre-season and the season itself! [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone see motegi

Riding in the rain is ridiculous

Amazing finish
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 MotoGP/WSBK Pre-season and the season itself! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on Tuesday night I watched the last 30 minutes or so of last weekends rain soaked Japanese GP.
It was without doubt, just about the best motor sports I have ever seen.
lead changes, incredible skills that were just mind blowing
taking the corners into every straight at maximum effort, power on, full gas and lofting the front wheel ever so slightly before they'd straightened up in the teeming rain..
Those guys were just incredible. and the commentary was great too.

If you've ever though of watching any motor sports in your life, find a way of watching this race.

Australian GP this week... bring it on.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 MotoGP/WSBK Pre-season and the season itself! [Avago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That race showcased the amazing talent and cojones of all those riders. Anyone who has ridden in the rain at mere mortal speeds understands how difficult that can be - and these guys were racing as hard as ever the whole time. Second race that Dovi has held fast under immense (and maybe questionable) last corner dives by Marquez that were incredibly close to taking them both out. It is fun to have a season where the last races are still important to the outcome of the championship winner.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 MotoGP/WSBK Pre-season and the season itself! [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Australia may simply have topped it for lead changes and aggression
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 MotoGP/WSBK Pre-season and the season itself! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flew an afternoon LAX to PIT flight, got to the house, and stayed up to watch it. One of the best!!! Iannone, Rossi, Marcquez, Vinales, Zarco. Definitely fun to watch. I wish that Zarco would have just sat in and pulled with the group to stay with Marcquez when he got a small gap after getting into the lead when Rossi was in 2nd position. I don't feel bad for him that he missed the podium with Vinales pippin him at the line. Disappointing that some other names were towards the back ... Pedrosa and Petrucci mostly. Let Lorenzo languish back there! Impressed with Miller to come back from his broken leg in the first race with a nice result.

Marcquez would have to crash out of both of the final races for anyone to have a chance at this point. Pulling for Dovizioso to work some magic. Vinales is out. Yamaha have some work to do with the bike in the off-season to equal Honda and Duc.

Rins with some nice racing since coming back from his wrist injury too.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just watched the race - wow. That was some crazy racing. The end of the season always throws up some spectacular individual efforts as riders notmally a little further down the field seem to find something to show their bosses why they deserve a ride for next year. Another example of how fine the line is at this level between the podium and trying to grab a single point and (it pains me to say it) just how consistent Marquez is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So watched the final race of the season last night. Wasn't as crazy as the past couple of races in terms of tight racing but the stakes were high and so everyone was taking it safe and easy - NOT! I guess there is a reason you get to the heights of the sport and it is not by riding safe. I think everyone was waiting for Marquez to make that move on Zarco but then to hold that bike up on the first corner and then keep going through the gravel, he really does make his own luck. It may not have gone down to the last corner but that was a great season and hats off to every racer. (as for Lorenzo - he really doesn't help himself with his PR image. Comparing his actions to Pedrosa as a teammate and it is clear why some riders are fan favorites).
Quote Reply

Prev Next