Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lange and The Banana - Now with link to video
Quote | Reply
Go to 8:05:15

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/detail.aspx?race=worldchampionship&y=2017#axzz4vhFvTcU7

I can't be the only one who saw this.

So I'm sitting on the couch with my wife watching Lange just blistering the run course, with all the shit he has stuffed in his kit. At some point I can't help but notice a bulge. I'm thinking, is this guy running with a boner?!?! lol

Then a few minutes later he reaches down there and the camera man zooms in on his crotch as he does. I start to make a comment to my wife, "and now they're going to show us Lange grabbing his penis" when BAM he pulls out a half of a banana. He proceeds to peel and eat it. We were dying laughing.
Last edited by: Sean H: Oct 16, 17 14:39
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

So I'm sitting on the couch with my wife watching Lange just blistering the run course, with all the shit he has stuffed in his kit. At some point I can't help but notice a bulge. I'm thinking, is this guy running with a boner?!?! lol

Then a few minutes later he reaches down there and the camera man zooms in on his crotch as he does. I start to make a comment to my wife, "and now they're going to show us Lange grabbing his penis" when BAM he pulls out a half of a banana. He proceeds to peel and eat it. We were dying laughing.

With an aid station every mile, why would you need to stick half of a banana in your tri suit?

Also, the coverage stated he has a special pocket on the inside of the suit for holding a water bottle.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha I saw that. We were joking that it was a bratwurst/sausage. I honestly thought it was a sandwich and kept think about how gross that was.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

I missed this but my fiance caught it. She also saw him put an empty crushed cup in there at some point near the end, she thought he was delusional at that point but I figure he was being careful about littering penalties and had the cup beyond the litter zone.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the cup too, but my favorite had to be the full bottle of coke. He seemed to be having slippage problems too, and some of the 'adjustment' shots were a bit uncomfortable as a viewer. The number of sponges he jettisoned down the stretch was quite impressive.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think it's coke. I think it's his run nutrition mix. Not sure exactly what it is though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
I saw the cup too, but my favorite had to be the full bottle of coke. He seemed to be having slippage problems too, and some of the 'adjustment' shots were a bit uncomfortable as a viewer. The number of sponges he jettisoned down the stretch was quite impressive.

I recall seeing that bottle of coke being pulled out less than a mile from the end at which point everyone in the room screamed "What are you doing?! get that course record!"

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats impressive is how fast he ran with all that shit shoved everywhere haha sub 3 marathon with a banana fighting for space with your willie....well done lange, well done indeed haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exact same reaction! I thought he was fishing for a gel pack and then he digs and digs and digs into his crotch and comes up with........ A BANANA? Is that really a banana? Seriously? No! Can't be......it is! He's eating a banana! (I think he stuck it inside his top and it was so heavy that it "wandered" on him) Lightest moment of the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw it. It was so funny, and gross. I wondered what he was going to pull out next.

It would drive me crazy to run (and it would be like a 100m sprint for me) with a water bottle bouncing up and down on my stomach. He looked pregnant. But it obviously works for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was riding on the trainer while watching the race. I saw the same thing. I admit that while watching him run I was thinking that Lange is really packing some heat in those shorts of his. Then he adjusts, and adjusts, and then pulls out that banana. That made my day. I was in tears laughing. Between that moment and his emotional finishes, how can you not love this guy.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
With an aid station every mile, why would you need to stick half of a banana in your tri suit?

Because.... Patrick Lange
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:

Yeah, that was my favorite too. I was literally amazed at the number of sponges he pulled out of his kit, and then a coke bottle!! Like a magician pulling a rabbit out of his hat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did the other half go?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He probably learned his storage solutions from his coach, Faris Al Sutan. Pictures of Faris in action normally show a bike bottle shoved down the back of his Speedo!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
He probably learned his storage solutions from his coach, Faris Al Sutan. Pictures of Faris in action normally show a bike bottle shoved down the back of his Speedo!

Quote:

Well that explains the crotch storage, Faris had no other options to that is all he knows!
and haha "because...Patrick Lange" - this wouldnt have made sense to be until I saw his finish and post race interviews haha
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:

Nature's Pocket

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runner Rick wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:

Nature's Pocket

Butt chugging, eh?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for the morning crowd
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Quote:

And a bit of Nigel Tufnel/David St Hubbins/Derek Smalls.....
(Spinal Tap)
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PT wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Quote:

And a bit of Nigel Tufnel/David St Hubbins/Derek Smalls.....
(Spinal Tap)

Was it wrapped in aluminum foil?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been over 48 hours. How is this not an animated gif by now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Sean H wrote:

Also, the coverage stated he has a special pocket on the inside of the suit for holding a water bottle.

To keep it cosy and warm LOL

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Lange and The Banana [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
It's been over 48 hours. How is this not an animated gif by now?

I agree.

Can somebody who is better with this stuff animate him pulling all kinds of crap out and eating it.

Can we at least get him drinking a beer? Eating a pizza?
Quote Reply

Prev Next