Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
NFL Week 5
Quote | Reply
I was at the climbing gym all afternoon, and didn't get to see any of the 1pm games.

BUT ... FLY EAGLES FLY BABY!!!

And, NYG ... how ya living? 0-5 to the start the season! Wow. Bye Ben McAdoo come the end of the season? Won't be helped with that terrible injury to OBJ.

Pittsburgh and Roethlisberger ... hmm. I was stuck in Steelers traffic heading home from the gym, and now I see why everyone was glum. 5 INTs and a spanking at Heinz Field.

Gnothi Seauton.
Last edited by: Ready4Launch: Oct 8, 17 14:16
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 5 [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eagles fan in steeler country ?

That's got to be tough

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 5 [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not so bad since they're not playing each other this year. And, the only people in the area I know that care about football is my one neighbor. And, their two son-in-laws are from South Jersey and Philadelphia area, so I have allies!

Gnothi Seauton.
Last edited by: Ready4Launch: Oct 8, 17 14:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Officials screwing the Packers
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 5 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope missed kicks also don't screw the Packers. Nice strip to end the first half and keep Cowgirls off the board. Packers need to score opening the 2nd half - let's go Packers!

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Need a little Rodgers magic in this game to keep the cowgirls down in ranking

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Need a little Rodgers magic in this game to keep the cowgirls down in ranking

That was a bullshit spot! Hope that gets overturned.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FECK

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's the magic!!! OH BABY! That's money! Dagger in the heart to the Cowgirls!

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll concede AA Ron is probably an above average quarterback
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben and Eli looked like the game has past them by.

Lions need some type of defense to help out Stafford who now is a gimp.

I hate Rogers because he's in my division but I love to watch the guy.

If Miami can't do better than Cutler they should just stop playing ball now. And what excuse does anyone have losing to Miami?

BTW what happened to Oakland? This was going to be their year....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

When are coaches and players going to figure out the trick to not leaving enough time for QB's like Rogers? Dak could have easily slid on the one yard line.

Was there any doubt that Green Bay would fly down the field?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
I was at the climbing gym all afternoon, and didn't get to see any of the 1pm games.

And, NYG ... how ya living? 0-5 to the start the season! Wow. Bye Ben McAdoo come the end of the season? Won't be helped with that terrible injury to OBJ.

Pittsburgh and Roethlisberger ... hmm. I was stuck in Steelers traffic heading home from the gym, and now I see why everyone was glum. 5 INTs and a spanking at Heinz Field.

Steelers knocked me from my survivor pool today. F'ing a-holes. Couldn't Big Ben miss today's game to instead harass some coeds?
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 5 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, those two teams really need to think about their successors. Could be the beginning of some down years for those groups. NYG are already there this year being 0-5, but Steelers are 3-2 and could get the ship righted for this year.

Kaepernick would be an upgrade over Cutler.

Oakland needs to keep David Carr healthy if they're getting anywhere. Am surprised that the Ravens traveled on that far on the road and got the win.

I had my doubts about Deshaun Watson being able to make it in the NFL, but I think he's proving that he's definitely legit. 5 TD passes in the loss. Lots of injuries in this game tonight.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
Yeah, those two teams really need to think about their successors. Could be the beginning of some down years for those groups. NYG are already there this year being 0-5, but Steelers are 3-2 and could get the ship righted for this year.

Kaepernick would be an upgrade over Cutler.

Oakland needs to keep David Carr healthy if they're getting anywhere. Am surprised that the Ravens traveled on that far on the road and got the win.

I had my doubts about Deshaun Watson being able to make it in the NFL, but I think he's proving that he's definitely legit. 5 TD passes in the loss. Lots of injuries in this game tonight.

I feel like we're about to see the next QB stars emerge as the older ones fade. Can't say I didn't love watching the old guys in their prime.

Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 5 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Lots of injuries in this game tonight.

Seemed like there were a lot of injuries this weekend.

They gave JJ Watts injury a lot of coverage during that game. I was surprised how many times they went back to it and the shot of the ambulance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 5 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a shitty fastball from Agholor, but high marks for creativity. Although, I don't know what Ertz was doing, because everyone else was accounted for...pitcher, catcher, batter, ump, man on deck. Future Philly, Mike Trout was in attendance to this game. I saw that and wondered if there was a connection.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 5 [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
windywave wrote:

When are coaches and players going to figure out the trick to not leaving enough time for QB's like Rogers? Dak could have easily slid on the one yard line.

Was there any doubt that Green Bay would fly down the field?
This is what the Cowboys faithful were cheering when Rogers and Co. took the field for that last drive...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure why you would start a football thread. Don't you know that according to Duffy, no one cares about football, football is dying...

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Me too? Which gym were you at?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oops, looks like Pittsburgh area. There's only a handful of gyms in Philly so I thought there was an off chance we were at the same place.

Eags look good so far, but they were 4-2 last year and didn't finish so well. 2 games into first is not a bad start.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 5 [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless you were in Pittsburgh ... I was at Ascend.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

Quote:
Lots of injuries in this game tonight.

Seemed like there were a lot of injuries this weekend.

They gave JJ Watts injury a lot of coverage during that game. I was surprised how many times they went back to it and the shot of the ambulance.

I know. I felt his pain though. I believe he really loves playing the game but I doubt he will ever be the player as he was before the injury.

Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 5 [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
... they were 4-2 last year and didn't finish so well. 2 games into first is not a bad start.

I gave them no shot at all this year, and had them finishing at 4-12, so everything from here is a bonus

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next