Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Magura RT6 TT leaver change
Quote | Reply
I am trying to replace Magura RT6 TT leaver but not sure how to remove the old one. There seems to be one bolt thats holding it in place but cant figure out the way how to remove it. Anyone had similiar issue ?
Last edited by: vaitas: Jul 17, 17 8:25
Quote Reply
Re: Magura RT6 TT leaver change [vaitas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its not a bolt - its a pressed in pin. you have to use a parallel drift or a press to push it out (right to left I think) - the new lever you get will come with instructions.

On the bike-discount.de website there is an exploded view of the assembly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the expansion plug? I can't speak to the Magura's specifically but usually said plug is actuated by a bolt that's in line with the plug. Maybe someone else can chime in but, IIRC, I *think* you have to turn the bolt the opposite direction of intuition (right to loosen instead of tighten... it's been a while since I've messed with brake levers).

Quote Reply
Re: Magura RT6 TT leaver change [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
esuuv wrote:
Its not a bolt - its a pressed in pin. you have to use a parallel drift or a press to push it out (right to left I think) - the new lever you get will come with instructions.

On the bike-discount.de website there is an exploded view of the assembly.

what he said

the pin goes in both directions, FYI (i think).
Quote Reply
Re: Magura RT6 TT leaver change [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It worked. But the pin did not go in both directions it was from left to right (from bikers perspective). when putting back the pin has to go from right to left it doesn't fit if you do it other way round.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to replace the whole brake handle (not just the lever). I have the replacement and now I'm wondering if I can just unscrew the existing hydraulic line, screw it to the new brake handle, secure it to the basebar. And then bleed the line. Are there any concerns with reusing the hydraulic line fitting?
Quote Reply
Re: Magura RT6 TT leaver change [danen1973] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No issue with this at all if the hydraulic line is still in good condition. Probably a good idea to rebleed the whole system once installed.
Quote Reply