Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Las Vegas shooting
Quote | Reply
Wow. Unbelievable amount of shots fired.

Latest updates have two dead and 12 critical. Incredibly sad and very lucky if it's not worse. So. Many. Shots.

ETA: fuck me. Up to 20 dead and 100 injured.

From "stromm" on Reddit....had checked into the hotel 20min before the shooting:
About that time I heard a maintenance guy in the hallway telling his wife he's safe and on floor (mine) and that someone on 32 blew out their window and was spraying down into the concert crowd. He saw me and said to get back in my room. Confirmed hotel is in total lockdown.
Just a few minutes ago, the cops swept through the floor. You could hear their radios. Must have been three. They stopped at my door, banged on it, announced it was the police, said they heard the TV and asked my name. I gave it, didn't open the door. I heard one of the others say "confirmed" and they banged on the door across the hall, did the same, got their name and moved on.
That surprised me. It was a good hour after the gunfire.
Even most of the cruisers had moved on by then. Copters are a few streets over.
Last edited by: TimeIsUp: Oct 2, 17 1:40
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first thought was OJ. Wasn't he headed to Vegas? jk

No, but seriously, I'm going to guess it was some Muslim ISIS sympathiser with the recent wave of attacks around the world but you never know. It could have been domestic terror. I'm anticipating the Trump tweets from this will involve talk of his immigration ban and the need for more of it and of course no mention of any form of gun control.
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current reports indicate it's a 62 year old Vegas local. Law enforcement is looking for a woman who is his "companion," also 62 years old. Police have the weapon and an identity for the suspect (which the local news here in DC isn't releasing yet, pending confirmation).

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
My first thought was OJ. Wasn't he headed to Vegas? jk

No, but seriously, I'm going to guess it was some Muslim ISIS sympathiser with the recent wave of attacks around the world but you never know. It could have been domestic terror. I'm anticipating the Trump tweets from this will involve talk of his immigration ban and the need for more of it and of course no mention of any form of gun control.
I too thought of OJ when I heard it a few minutes ago. At least 20 dead and hearing the gun shots go off like fireworks is maddening. I thought the hotel windows were bullet and shatterproof. This is indeed domestic terror and will have a great effect on hotel security now.

Quote | Reply
Suspect now identified as Steven Paddock (not sure on spelling) from Mesquite, NV, 64 years old. Police are apparently searching his home now.

Mesquite is a little further away than I would call local (about 80miles), but that's how the news is still describing him.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to see where he got a true fully automatic rifle. Takes a full background check to buy one legally, but do-it-yourself conversion kits have been available forever.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shooter reported to be Stephen Paddock (correct spelling per the news), and law enforcement reports that he was killed when the police took his room at the Mandalay Bay.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Updated to 50+ dead... 200+ injured
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, just saw that. Incredibly sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the performers being interviewed on CNN right now. Said shooting went on for 10 minutes. Unreal.
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
It will be interesting to see where he got a true fully automatic rifle. Takes a full background check to buy one legally, but do-it-yourself conversion kits have been available forever.

Whatever this turns out to be I've been expecting terrorists to do something like this for years. We are lucky Al Qaeda's strategy has typically been to go for the big, spectacular attacks.
Or maybe it's harder to get your hands on these sorts of weapons than I think it is in the U.S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
One of the performers being interviewed on CNN right now. Said shooting went on for 10 minutes. Unreal.

Imagine if it was a team of attackers such that the police had to fight their way in to stop the ones shooting into the crowd/streets. Could be hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stephen Paddock: Las Vegas gunman identified by police as 64-year-old white male

Deadliest mass shooting in American history

http://www.independent.co.uk/...update-a7978361.html

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe this will put an end (at least until the next unarmed black shooting by a cop) to all the kneeling in the NFL. I mean, how can you kneel during the anthem after this shit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of videos on youtube (I’m not going to post any here) of the shooting.

Definitely fully automatic (machine gun) fire.

Sounds like mulitple shooters but that could just echos.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Oct 2, 17 5:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A mass shooting is tragic but I don't think that it will inspire people who are taking a knee to place their hand over their heart. Not exactly why you think that this shooting should inspire patriotism. A mass shooting is part of American culture. It is the price that America pays for it's freedom to bear arms. Not judging and not calling for any kind of gun control just stating that these shootings happen frequently and nothing has been done to prevent them. So my takeaway is that for the most part people are okay with the risk of being shot because they are not okay with anything that they feel threatens the 2nd Amendment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I mean, how can you kneel during the anthem after this shit?

They'll find a way.

Maybe Mr Bennett and his hurt feelings will have gained some insight by then as to why LVPD officers responded to reports of an active shooter as they did, when he was briefly detained.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Definitely firing on full auto, not necessarily a machine gun, by strict definition. The police have the weapon, so it will be interesting to see if it was a fully auto or modified assault weapon, or an actual machine gun. Sustained auto fire like that isn't easy to control. The shooter could have had a bipod or something like that to stabilize.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could this be atifa's big debut into the terrorism big leagues? Just a wild guess. So far what info has been released about the shooter doesnt really lean towards anything .
It was a country music concert that was targeted. Dont know if that was strategic or not. So far the big topic in the news is how this guy got a hold of an automatic weapon. Really?....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    As mentioned, this looks more like the shooter we're used to seeing pre 9-11, angry middle aged white guy, difference being the automatic weapon. Senseless and sad is all I can say in watching it unfold.
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what a shitty story to wake up to.
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
Could this be atifa's big debut into the terrorism big leagues?

Yes, cause old white dudes who live in retirement communities in the middle of the desert are militant anti fascists...

You'd have a better tree to bark up saying it was an act of a radical FLDS, shooting at women for not being covered. Mesquite borders NW AZ and SE UT, which is the large FLDS area - it's 30-ish miles from St George, UT THE FLDS town
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
what a shitty story to wake up to.
no kidding!
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas shooting [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever the case, this guy was good (at killing). I watched the videos on Youtube and these people were sitting ducks. This guy was locked in his room shooting freely at thousands of unarmed people without a worry in the world of being taken down for a good 10 minutes or so according to reports. I'm simply shocked. This was well planned, sick, but well planned. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy had some military background. They'll probably try to keep quiet about it if its CIA or special ops related.

As for kneeling during the anthem, remember after the Paris attacks? Millions of Facebook users changed their profile to have some French flag on it or whatever. Well, why does it have to be Islamic ISIS terror and over 200 deaths for people to show sympathy for another country? I'm going to predict that not a single American flag goes up on some French person's profile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Definitely firing on full auto, not necessarily a machine gun, by strict definition. The police have the weapon, so it will be interesting to see if it was a fully auto or modified assault weapon, or an actual machine gun. Sustained auto fire like that isn't easy to control. The shooter could have had a bipod or something like that to stabilize.

Sounds like the police have the weapon(s) as in 8+ found in the room.
Quote Reply

Prev Next