Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dbro1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got word from a dealer that there is a new colour for the 2018 s works shiv frameset in blue. Anyone has any news on this? Differences between the 2017 orange one?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dbro1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you find someone that makes the nose come please let me know, thank
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [garg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess it is this one: https://www.bellscycling.co.za/...s-works-shiv-module/
I would be surprised if there are any differences between 2017 and 2018 except color.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mrazm2am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so my 2013 shiv comp starting clicking horribly from the BB. I replaced or swapped out every other component and piece possible wheels, pedals, shoes, cleats etc so finally ordered new BB30 bearings and the tools. When I removed the crank one of the bearings just came right out with zero need for a tool.... I did not think much of it put it all back together with the green locktite etc and the noise was worse. Took it into the specialized dealer and they found the same issues bearing basically falls out which is not ok for a bearing that needs to be pressed in. Contacted specialized and they are supposedly sending an oversized bearing... (not loving this fix even more so if I need to replace them again in the future)

Has anyone else run into this issue? Shop thought it might be a frame warranty to start. And of course my A race is in 10 days...........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the specialized page has been updated with the new colour for the shiv module but looks similar to previous years
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [garg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody try the Specialized Crux Expert Taillight and Headlight? Thoughts (especially compared to Bont Flare R)? How is mounting on the stock Shiv bar and seat post?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrazm2am wrote:
I guess it is this one: https://www.bellscycling.co.za/...s-works-shiv-module/
I would be surprised if there are any differences between 2017 and 2018 except color.

Canadian distributor verified that for me last month - no change other than the purple/blue prismatic color for the shiv module.

So is the corroding bottom bracket sleeve thing a common issue with these frames???
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have approximate weights for the Specialized Alloy Aerobars and Carbon Aerobars? I currently have the alloy bars and am looking to upgrade my cockpit in order to get a bit lighter (and maybe a bit more aero).

Other options on my radar are the new PD Aeria integrated system and the PD T3+ Carbon with a PD basebar (which might be a bit more budget-friendly while still getting me lighter).

Any input is appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mcdicarlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I Wouldn't just switch the to the carbon I would go to a whole different bar if you could that offers independent extension tilt from the base bar. That's the main reason I switched my cockpit out.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mknight84 wrote:
I Wouldn't just switch the to the carbon I would go to a whole different bar if you could that offers independent extension tilt from the base bar. That's the main reason I switched my cockpit out.

Which cockpit did you opt for instead of the Specialized carbon?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NewbieTri100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did zipp vuka bull carbon basebar with zipp vuka alumina clip and carbon ski tip extensions. They have nicer stuff out there if you have the cash.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That setup was also on my radar but it sounds like the functionality of the PD T3 Carbon might outweigh the integrated Zipp setup while being lighter and cheaper (but maybe less aero).

There are so many configuration options with PD that it's hard to make a decision as to which basebar to pair with the T3. I would love if PD offered a "build your cockpit" function on their site so that I could make better visualize price, ensure compatibility with my bike, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mcdicarlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thoughts on the Fuelcell adding or removing drag? Specialized stated that it increases aerodynamics awhile ago....before they built their wind tunnel. Does anyone know if testing has been done since then, to validate the claim? I have a hard time throwing a giant piece of plastic on my bike....something about has me convinced it is slower.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the final conclusion was that it's drag neutral.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They claim it's aero neutral and I believe they tested that in their tunnel.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi please help
could you tell me
the difference between a shiv nose cone
and the current shiv tt?
aerodynamics
I want to buy a nose cone, but I need a push
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have an option of buying the nose cone?

Used I am guessing? I cant tell you actual Aero numbers sorry.
I am looking for the nosecone to put on my shiv to help hid the E-tap controls
Still looking is anyone has the nose kicking around
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi no, it's the complete bike.
I still do not decide whether to buy it or not
It is 2011 I think, I do not know if it is not something old compared to the current ones.
that is my query

very thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If its the nosecone shiv its used/older vs the new one sold by Specialized is sans nosecone. and Specialized has stopped production of nose cone/out of back stock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rumor has it that the nose cone was faster than the 'current' Shiv TT....but it was removed due to the UCI re-interpreting their own rules. My understanding is the frame on the Shiv TT is the same as the nosecone version...just the fork/stem was re-worked to stay inside the new interpretation of the rules.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a question out of place
but I do it because I need to decide today for the purchase
shiv nose cone
giant advence sl0 2014
please as direct as possible
use for specific training
triathlon
and i love the speed jejejej

my bike road is a venge vias
and my current chrono bike is a bmc tm02
I want to upgrade and there are these two bikes to be able to buy.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd go with the nosecone...but I've always had a soft spot for that bike for some reason.

It will be an upgrade from your BMC, not so sure about the giant as there is less aero info out there on it.

Buy which ever makes you more excited to ride.

Please realize that everything above is from a random guy on the internet with no skin in the game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one cuestion more
nose cone is ok for di2 ?
thanks
very very thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warlockuy wrote:
one cuestion more
nose cone is ok for di2 ?
thanks
very very thanks

There are lots of examples where people made it work. Not necessarily an easy job though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok
I'm going to throw myself in the water
I'm going to buy this frame nosecone red
I hope it's better than bmc :)
Thank you very much for the help
Quote Reply

Prev Next