Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sports Bra Issues
Quote | Reply
I have some issues with sports bras in longer races and training runs. The elastic band starts to feel like it's cutting off my breathing and starts to feel really clausterphobic and constricting. I find myself pulling out the bottom and holding it out to get more breath. Has anyone else had this feeling? I tried sizing up and different brands, but in the last two 70.3s I did, it happened to me both times on the run around miles 7-8 - one 70.3 I had a built in bra top from Zoot and one 70.3 I had a stand alone bra and tri top. Is it a symptom of something else, or is the bra just too tight?
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra Issues [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too, have had experience with chest tightness and feeling like I can't breathe in long distance training and racing. In my episodes, it has been that I was pushing further in training and once I was acclimated to the distance / effort, then the tightness went away. In other words, it was tied to my fitness level and my body was signalling that I was tired. Just my $0.02

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on you r breast size, you can go without. I went that way couple of years ago and have never looked back. Less chafing, not as hot, less drag in non-wetsuit swims.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Zoot sports bra has a very tight band compared to any of my other brands. I have more sports bras I hate than I love. It is a matter of shopping around.......

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have discomfort with my sports bra so I tried several brand. Up to now, I haven't found the best one yet that could give me the best comfort while running.
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra Issues [bewlione] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO Brooks Running (formerly Moving Comfort) are by far the best running bras out there. They come in dozens of sizes and are sized like a regular bra. They adjust in both the back strap and the shoulder straps. I raced while breastfeeding this season and the Rebound Racer was a life saver. I still run in one now that I'm back to "regular" size. They are pretty thick for swimming in, but it doesn't seem to matter in a race.
Quote Reply