Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What Are You Running In? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
... and it has zero padding, so you will feel every pebble and cranny on the trails. Even the treadmill surface feels freaking hard with this shoe!

Wow, those sound terrible.
Quote Reply
Re: What Are You Running In? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only road shoes I have that aren't zero drop are:

- Mizuno Wave Evo Levitas (old model, now discontinued)
A nice lightweight road shoe, great for speed work, road racing (5k, 10k, 21k). I'd do a marathon in these, but then I've also done a marathon in Saucony Hattoris, and a half in FiveFingers. I'll be honest, this is my favourite running shoe by a long way. Light, breathes well, comfy, lower stack, small drop... It's sold as zero drop, but is really closer to 4mm.

The only other running shoes that I use even semi-regularly are: Altra Lone Peak 2 (older model, great all-rounder trail shoe); and Saucony Hattori (I have about 6 pairs of these, great to run in, velcro fastener, but the uppers aren't that durable).

Basically, everything I like has been discontinued. But that Wave Evo Levitas is an amazing shoe: under 7oz and about 4mm of drop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoka Tracer
Nike Lunaracer 3+
Nike LunarTempo
Nike Zoom Fly
Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4%

All light, all plush, all fast(ish).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road Running - Adidas Energy Boost 2
Road Racing - Adidas Adios Boston Boost
Trail Running - Nike Tera Kiger 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like NB Pure Cadence. They work as a a trainer and the weight makes it an acceptable racer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like trying different shoes myself...

Hoka Clifton 2's
Nike Free's
Nike Zoom Vomero's
Saucony Fastwich

I personally have found that the newer model Nike running shoes are my current fav's...I've slowly worked my way around and back to their products this year...free's for racing/speedwork and vomero's for longer training...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asics gel kayano

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Altra Torin 3.0 is my every day goto. The One 2.5 is my favorite and typically race shoe but I find my feet like a little more padding when building mileage. I like the waterproof lone peak when it's really cold in winter (below freezing).

The wide toe box and zero drop has been fantastic for me. Strangely the escalante didn't work out well for me even though they were comfy. I probably put 50 miles on them before they were relegated to casual wear.
Quote Reply
Re: What Are You Running In? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got quite a few in rotation, some of which are nearing retirement. I'm lucky that my feet don't seem too picky about anything other than size.
Brooks Launch
Nike Zoom Elite
NB Zante
Adidas Adios
Nike Wildhorse
Asics Fuji Racer
Last edited by: re-fresh: Sep 13, 17 17:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pearl Izumi Road N2. I bought a few pairs when they stopped making shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Newton Motion 6.
I'm 44, only been running for 2.5 years now, went from some kind of trainer UA, to cushy Saucony, to these Newton shoes, and probably will get lighter and less cushioned after these. I am trying to run balanced enough that I wouldn't necessarily need shoes (but I will keep wearing them because they have huge advantages over barefoot)

NO
Quote Reply
Re: What Are You Running In? [re-fresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
re-fresh wrote:
I've got quite a few in rotation, some of which are nearing retirement. I'm lucky that my feet don't seem too picky about anything other than size.
Brooks Launch
Nike Zoom Elite
NB Zante
Adidas Adios
Nike Wildhorse
Asics Fuji Racer

What do you think of the Wildhorse? I'm really intrigued by that shoe... I live on a park with great trails. Looking for something to replace that pair of Boco ATs.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saucony Ride 9 and Ride 10's
Quote Reply
Re: What Are You Running In? [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- Brooks Hyperion
- Asics Hyper-Tri Running Shoes, some random shoes I saw someone else wearing, sounded gimmicky but they've been great and not horribly expensive
- On Cloudflow, trying these now based on recommendation and TBD on how I like 'em. Some dam expensive shoes though that's for sure.

Not to derail the thread but for those who wear more minimalist shoes, what shoes do you have? PMs or replies would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: What Are You Running In? [sylvius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does 3.0 compare to 2.5?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Altra One 2.5 because of the wide toe box, lightweight, & zero drop. Used for training, racing, and walking around.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinvara 7/8, endorphin 1/2, Type A and Fastwitch. I have found a great balance in Saucony. Their shoes just work for me

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: What Are You Running In? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
How does 3.0 compare to 2.5?

They are very, very similar. Only significant difference I have noticed is they seem to be holding up a little better, particularly with respect to sole wear. Upper may breathe a little better. Fit, cushioning, etc., seem unchanged, thankfully, since the 2.5 was nearly the perfect all purpose cushioned road shoe IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: What Are You Running In? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saucony Kinvara for races up to Olympic
Saucony Breakthru for speed and tempo sessions
Saucony Triumph & on cloudsurfer alternated for easy running
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I race in what I train with, currently Hoka Clifton 2s. I'll be switching to 3s at some point. Before that, Saucony Triumph and Rides. Tried Topos, but didn't have enough cushioning for me, although they were super comfy for my toes.

<---- 185lbs, like a lot of shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Altra Escalante

Pretty amazing fit and feel in a lightweight shoe with good cushioning. I love the knit upper. It feels like a slipper.
Quote Reply
Re: What Are You Running In? [sylvius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good, small changes as those may be my only two minor complaints
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
... For training (except specific pace work off the bike), I like 7-9oz with 4-6mm of offset. For racing, I like 10mm of offset.

Can you expand on this - why 4mm for training, but 10mm for racing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need the wide toe box

Altra Escalante - Shorter Runs (7mi and less, have run 14 in them but I didnt like it)
Altra Torin 3.0 - longer runs (longer runs)
Hoka Clifton 3 - recovery

Want to try the Topo Athletic FlyLyte (3 mm Drop) and UltraFly (5mm drop) for recovery runs a little drop is a nice thing.

2016 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x
2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Re: What Are You Running In? [ryryrocco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On Cloudflow
Zoot Ultra Kalani 3.0. bought a couple pairs of these before they discontinued. They fit me really well.
Hoka Clifton 2
Quote Reply

Prev Next