Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions for using fitness for worlds (DNS)
Quote | Reply
Any ideas what to do with my peak fitness that I was unable to use for 70.3 worlds (had to return to Florida on Friday to ride out Hurricane Irma with family. I got to Chattanooga on Wednesday hopeful that the storm would move out of harms way. By Friday morning, it was obvious that it wouldn't and I flew home (SW Florida) on Friday night. This was my "A" race but not a difficult decision to be with family. I did get to preview the climbs on Thursday and was primed and ready for a good race on Sunday, but Irma thought otherwise.

Any ideas? Augusta 70.3 is sold out (also wondering if it has been effected by storm). Oct 22 is not available (previous commitment) so no New Orleans or Miami. Austin 70.3? Ironman Florida (coach feels we could get ready for race but wasn't planning on ironman this year). Or screw it and just get back to training?

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for using fitness for worlds (DNS) [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Floridian may still have a 70.3. Not sure the date, but remember it being late in the year.

J. Tyler Pate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When Tahoe (70.3 for me) got cancelled in 2014, I set my 1/2 marathon PR and ran a 50k trail run out of spite.

Any non-triathlon goals you have lingering that would take 1-5 hours?

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for using fitness for worlds (DNS) [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am liking the great floridian idea. anyone have feedback about austin 70.3? no run goals for now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unfortunately great floridian is that same weekend in october that I have a commitment. not seeing great things about Austin 70.3. anyone know anything about rocknroll man in Macon Georgia?
Quote Reply