Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SLF Motion Hyper Speed System Pre-Order
Quote | Reply
Got an email this morning from SLF Motion that the Hyper Speed Pulley System is ready for pre-order!

Delivery will be around late December or early January. If you pre-order now, you get a free Ice Friction chain.

Link to SHIMANO Hyper Speed System:
https://slfmotion.com/...s/hyper-speed-system

Link to SRAM eTap Hyper Speed System:
https://slfmotion.com/...er-speed-system-sram

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 13, 17 7:24
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion Hyper Speed System Pre-Order [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blake is a great guy and cannot wait for his SRAM compatible systems to hit the market. Loving my pulleys after a year plus.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stupid question- what is this supposed to do? (the website doesn't say much)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is the outrage like there always is for ceramicspeed? It's only a $15 difference compared to CS.

Do people just love to hate on a company (ceramicspeed) that actually supports our sport?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not trying to be critical here, but why should I buy the SLF Motion system over the CermicSpeed system? I will be switching to a new bike in the coming weeks and oversized pulley wheels is something I am really considering. I plan to run eTap WiFli 1x. Obviously the race chain they are throwing in with the pre-orders is something to make the deal even better, but for the actual wheels and cages themselves, what is the difference?
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion Hyper Speed System Pre-Order [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Do people just love to hate on a company (ceramicspeed) that actually supports our sport?

What constitutes "support" vs. "marketing" is something of a gray area.
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion Hyper Speed System Pre-Order [APKTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
APKTRI wrote:
I'm not trying to be critical here, but why should I buy the SLF Motion system over the CermicSpeed system? I will be switching to a new bike in the coming weeks and oversized pulley wheels is something I am really considering. I plan to run eTap WiFli 1x. Obviously the race chain they are throwing in with the pre-orders is something to make the deal even better, but for the actual wheels and cages themselves, what is the difference?

I bet you can't run 1x on that cage, just a guess, but the top pulley is too big. It is the main reason I have stuck with a Berner cage, that and the fact that I have never seen a Berner cage snap in half. Supposedly the new CS cage, the one for the 9100 stuff can support a 32t cassette because I asked for myself and would certainly consider running one.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Where is the outrage like there always is for ceramicspeed? It's only a $15 difference compared to CS.

If people really want to save money there are plenty of companies making these now. This KCNC one is $70.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion Hyper Speed System Pre-Order [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did notice that the new 9100 OSPW system has the smaller top pulley wheel. Makes sense. Does anyone have word from SLF or CS on whether or not the 17 tooth(?) wheels on the top will work with 1x?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The SLF Motion pulleys are titanium with an aluminum cage. The Ceramic Speed pulleys are aluminum with a plastic cage. Ceramic Speed titanium pulleys are very expensive.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

[ALL OF] THESE PULLEY SYSTEM ARE SO STUPID IT HURTS MY BRAIN.

there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
APKTRI wrote:
I did notice that the new 9100 OSPW system has the smaller top pulley wheel. Makes sense. Does anyone have word from SLF or CS on whether or not the 17 tooth(?) wheels on the top will work with 1x?

Not sure about SLF, the old CS is a no-go on 1x assuming you want to run 1x size cassettes like 32t and larger. I can't image SLF working with the 17 tooth.

Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion Hyper Speed System Pre-Order [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
stevej wrote:

What constitutes "support" vs. "marketing" is something of a gray area.

So ceramicspeed showing up to WTC races across the country (including 70.3 worlds this past weekend and Kona last year) working on people's bikes and some of it was free for existing customers isn't support? Sure some of it is definitely marketing but I'd call it support first..... considering a lot of other companies are no where to be seen at races.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's a marketing strategy. A good one, and one that arguably helps the sport. But it's not altruism.
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion Hyper Speed System Pre-Order [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Yeah, that's a marketing strategy. A good one, and one that arguably helps the sport. But it's not altruism.

Exactly. They spend some money to show up and it pays off in customer relationships and future purchases.

I do like brands that show up though. Cervelo and Felt support triathlon more than Trek and Specialized it seems. Felt and Cervelo show up to Kona every year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How different are these vs CS, performance wise? So far, the only difference I see are the Titanium-Aluminum vs Aluminum-Plastic. Not impressive enough.

Follow me on IG: @Commandersnake
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion Hyper Speed System Pre-Order [commandersnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any test data. I don't own any SLF Motion products.

Quote Reply