Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Removal of Cable Housing on P2
Quote | Reply
I have a 2014 (new version) P2. I recently upgraded to etap. In setting up the etap, my LBS removed the cable for RD but kept the housing tube "available" near RD and on top tube--aesthetically, it just annoys me to even see them sticking out a little. I have no plans on returning to mechanical....but, who knows I may sell the frame someday. A couple questions: (1) can I just yank out the housing? and (2) would this create a potential problem if I or someone else ever need to return to mechanical?
Quote Reply
Re: Removal of Cable Housing on P2 [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I converted by 2015 P2 to etap last winter. I removed the loop of cable housing as well as the plastic holder that snaps in to the chainstay and set them aside. My LBS had rubber plugs (I presume from Cervelo) that fit right in the square cutout in the chainstay. It looks much nicer and I can always snap the cable holder thingee back in if I want to at some point. I'll try to remember to get a picture this evening.
Quote Reply
Re: Removal of Cable Housing on P2 [tri_curious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be great. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here's a picture I took this morning, hopefully its clear enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I have a 2014 (new version) P2. I recently upgraded to etap. In setting up the etap, my LBS removed the cable for RD but kept the housing tube "available" near RD and on top tube--aesthetically, it just annoys me to even see them sticking out a little. I have no plans on returning to mechanical....but, who knows I may sell the frame someday. A couple questions: (1) can I just yank out the housing? and (2) would this create a potential problem if I or someone else ever need to return to mechanical?

1) yes

2) no

just save the various ''plugs'' that you remove from the bike. you can usually buy replacement plugs from, among other places, excel sports (and any cervelo dealer)
Quote Reply
Re: Removal of Cable Housing on P2 [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to both responses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you like the eTap? - I have the same bike and thinking about making the switch this winter as a project
Quote Reply
Re: Removal of Cable Housing on P2 [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's certainly a part of me that says, that was a lot of money spent for no speed gain (and I shopped frugally on here and eBay and saved around 50% off retail and still feel that way). But the product itself is awesome.
Quote Reply