Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2.
Quote | Reply
It was disgusting. I found a clean chair but a friend who was in the last swim heat said all the chairs were full of urine. Volunteers are not there to clean up athlete urine. It was not a positive reflection on our sport at all. This was in the women's race. I hope the men were a bit more respectful of their fellow competitors and the volunteers.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you are saying that people (women) got off their bike and went to the change tent and sat down and peed on the chairs? If they were going to pee on themselves, why not just do it on the bike?? That story seems unlikely.........BUT then again....... One of the pro's (Male) in the Inaugural IMCHOO was in the change tent and just stood there and took a leak on the concrete....splattering volunteers nearby....then took off on the run. The volunteers didn't know what to do or say....they were in shock.....as I would be. A few days later, Ironman put out an announcement that doing this was a rules violation. Wish I remembered the pro that did that....I am sure its in a thread here somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
So you are saying that people (women) got off their bike and went to the change tent and sat down and peed on the chairs? If they were going to pee on themselves, why not just do it on the bike?? That story seems unlikely.........BUT then again....... One of the pro's (Male) in the Inaugural IMCHOO was in the change tent and just stood there and took a leak on the concrete....splattering volunteers nearby....then took off on the run. The volunteers didn't know what to do or say....they were in shock.....as I would be. A few days later, Ironman put out an announcement that doing this was a rules violation. Wish I remembered the pro that did that....I am sure its in a thread here somewhere.

I think peeing in T1 or T2 is more common that you think, you don;t have to actively look for it, its all around you. Not on the chairs, most would sit on the ground/grass and pee. You can smell it all around....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Petrus101 wrote:
It was disgusting. I found a clean chair but a friend who was in the last swim heat said all the chairs were full of urine. Volunteers are not there to clean up athlete urine. It was not a positive reflection on our sport at all. This was in the women's race. I hope the men were a bit more respectful of their fellow competitors and the volunteers.

Thanks for reminding me to wash my bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:

There was a male pro doing this out on the run course yesterday at Ironman Wisconsin. I yelled at him. Course is an open trail, heavily trafficked both by the race, but also the students, plenty of people around.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's really F'ing disgusting. At IM Atlantic City 70.3 last year this guy did the same while standing before the swim start smack in the middle of the group just peed into his wetsuit all over the floor with other athletes inches next to him that slowly moved away. That kinda animal behavior should be a straight DQ.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [bilalm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I had a photo. This is not far fetched. I've had 2 other female athletes share their thoughts on the same thing. Grey folding chairs with a pool of urine. I think athletes should be penalized of DQ'd for this. It was brutal. They could have sat on the grass... that would be better than leaving it on the chair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But everyone pees in the pool and think it is just fine. It is all the same... dilution is the the solution for pollution. At least in the chair it is not in your mouth or face like in the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
But everyone pees in the pool and think it is just fine. It is all the same... dilution is the the solution for pollution. At least in the chair it is not in your mouth or face like in the pool.

I don't think it's fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
G-man wrote:

I don't think it's fine.

It Certainly ISN'T.
I guess when it's a race, all sort of mindfulness or decency goes down the proverbial toilet
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's gross, but if I've trained hard for that race and I can't hold it in any longer, that's where I'm going to pee. I wouldn't like sitting in someone's piss, but I wouldn't have a problem with them doing it there. It's a race. Don't any of you have kids?? I spent 3 years of my life being covered in shit, puke and piss.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
myjunk wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
G-man wrote:

I don't think it's fine.

It Certainly ISN'T.
I guess when it's a race, all sort of mindfulness or decency goes down the proverbial toilet

totally agree. Not to excuse it at all, but for some in the heat of competition it may be reflexive: sitting down frees a clenched bladder.

Just making competitors aware that this could happen might stop some of it. For the ones standing up, DQ.
Last edited by: kiki: Sep 12, 17 3:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A better question is why people feel it's necessary to sit down after their bike in a 70.3 WC. I expect that at normal 70.3s... but for a WC? Come on, it's a race, and honestly it isn't that long.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [jmjtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was surprised to see chairs in T2. I was even more surprised seeing folks sitting down and taking their sweet time in transition.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
It's gross, but if I've trained hard for that race and I can't hold it in any longer, that's where I'm going to pee. I wouldn't like sitting in someone's piss, but I wouldn't have a problem with them doing it there. It's a race. Don't any of you have kids?? I spent 3 years of my life being covered in shit, puke and piss.

Why would you not just pee on the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

There was a male pro doing this out on the run course yesterday at Ironman Wisconsin. I yelled at him. Course is an open trail, heavily trafficked both by the race, but also the students, plenty of people around.

Did he whip it out on the run course??? Wouldn't that be a DQ if an official saw it? Weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:

So someone should have to sit in your piss because you "trained hard" and can't be bothered to take one minute out of your 5+ hour race to use an actual porta-potty? The level of narcissism in this sport is incredible.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
zedzded wrote:

So someone should have to sit in your piss because you "trained hard" and can't be bothered to take one minute out of your 5+ hour race to use an actual porta-potty? The level of narcissism in this sport is incredible.

Those that know me know i will pee almost anywhere, i pee on myself chronically when i race. BUT I would not pee in those little chairs they had at Worlds. A. there were 50 open bathrooms right before the chairs and B. Someone else has to sit there next, its not nice to do it right there.

Done.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:

There were portos less than 20' from the chairs in T2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Yeah basically.

Personally I'd opt not to piss on a seat, I'm pretty sure I could find somewhere better to piss, most likely on the bike, but if someone pisses on the seat to save time, meh I've seen worse. Chrissie Wellington shat herself before the swim start, shat herself on the bike and shat in the bushes Kona 2009. What do you think she should have done. Got out the water and queued up at the toilets? Got off bike and used a porta-potty whilst her rivals whistled past? It's a race that some people have trained months for and sacrificed a lot. Give that up because you find a bit of pee icky?
Last edited by: zedzded: Sep 12, 17 6:31
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
zedzded wrote:

There were portos less than 20' from the chairs in T2.

Yeah it's not cool, if that was me I'd find somewhere else to piss. But yeah not really something I'd be that bothered about. I squad swam for 10 years so spent half my life swimming in piss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Petrus101 wrote:

Would it be easier to change poor human behavior or perhaps place a volunteer there for the clean-up duty?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
gary p wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Yeah basically.

Personally I'd opt not to piss on a seat, I'm pretty sure I could find somewhere better to piss, most likely on the bike, but if someone pisses on the seat to save time, meh I've seen worse. Chrissie Wellington shat herself before the swim start, shat herself on the bike and shat in the bushes Kona 2009. What do you think she should have done. Got out the water and queued up at the toilets? Got off bike and used a porta-potty whilst her rivals whistled past? It's a race that some people have trained months for and sacrificed a lot. Give that up because you find a bit of pee icky?

Pee yourself or shit yourself on course, I don't care. Nor would I care if you stepped off to the side of the course and exposed yourself to take care of nature's call. But pissing on the changing seats in the Transition Zone where there are rows of porta-potties mere steps away? That's pretty savage behavior.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went in the porta potty, cost me maybe 20 seconds, but I do know someone who told me that he peed in the chairs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
zedzded wrote:
gary p wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Yeah basically.

Pee yourself or shit yourself on course, I don't care. Nor would I care if you stepped off to the side of the course and exposed yourself to take care of nature's call. But pissing on the changing seats in the Transition Zone where there are rows of porta-potties mere steps away? That's pretty savage behavior.

Yeah you're right, the seat is a bit gross. I would have found somewhere else to go.
Quote Reply

Prev Next