Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Coke Zero Sugar
Quote | Reply
I don't drink soda often but I had one of these new ones the other day. It tastes amazingly like regular Coke.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gross.

Coke flavoring with the chemical-like sweetener from Diet Coke.

Coke Zero was where it was at.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had no complaints with Zero either.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to Coke, customers did not understand that "Coke Zero" had zero calories and zero sugar. So, they changed the name to "Coke Zero Sugar." To me, that is confusing as hell. When they first announced it, I thought it was going to be "Mexican Coke," i.e., Coke made with pure cane sugar rather than corn syrup. Why else put "sugar" in the name when everyone knows "regular" soft drinks are made with corn syrup and not sugar?

WTF ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like them all

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should just have had "Diet Coke" and "Other Diet Coke".

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iO4 wrote:

I was worried, but I've largely not noticed a big difference between Coke Zero and Coke Zero Sugar. Tastes basically the same. Still not as sweet as regular Coke.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iO4 wrote:

You mean "Tab"?
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
iO4 wrote:

You mean "Tab"?

Nah. Tab is what windywave mixes with his Zima.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is definitely more Coke Zero than Diet Coke. I haven't had a chance to have it back to back with Coke Zero, but I felt Coke Zero Sugar had just a little less flavor. I would have to say I think I prefer the Zero Sugar.
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would doubt that in a blind taste test you could tell the difference between Coke Zero and Coke Zero Sugar. The change seems to be all about the rebranding, not a taste change, and I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't changed the formula at all.

I had one a couple of days ago and couldn't notice a difference from Coke Zero. Prefer both to Diet Coke.

My preferences:
Coke Zero/Zero Sugar
Diet Pepsi
Diet Coke
Coke
Pepsi

I used to wonder how anyone could stand the taste of Diet Coke. Now I wonder how anyone can stand drinking something as sweet as full fat Coke.
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't drink much soda, but when I do it's typically Coke Zero.

There's no getting around the presence of artificial sweetener and the absence of sugar/corn syrup, but I think the flavor profile is notably closer to regular Coke with this version. A minor tweak for sure, but a change for the better.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All y'all

Mexican Coke, with real sugar or nothing. You people are also the reason we have more than one flavor of Doritos too.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
According to Coke, customers did not understand that "Coke Zero" had zero calories and zero sugar. So, they changed the name to "Coke Zero Sugar." To me, that is confusing as hell. When they first announced it, I thought it was going to be "Mexican Coke," i.e., Coke made with pure cane sugar rather than corn syrup. Why else put "sugar" in the name when everyone knows "regular" soft drinks are made with corn syrup and not sugar?

WTF ...

Does everyone know that? I mean c'mon. Cane. Corn. Corn. Cane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been drinking Zero Sugar several times per week since the change. I can't say it's a dramatic difference, but I liked it initially and still do.

Or, you know, you can dump Splenda into that nail polish remover they call Diet Coke and see what happens.

Last edited by: sphere: Jan 10, 18 14:57
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
I would doubt that in a blind taste test you could tell the difference between Coke Zero and Coke Zero Sugar. The change seems to be all about the rebranding, not a taste change, and I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't changed the formula at all.
I think they have tweaked it slightly.
I don't think its quite as sweet as Zero. I find Zero excessively sweet, far more than regular Coke (at least here is Oz where they still use cane sugar)

Kay Serrar wrote:
My preferences:
Coke Zero/Zero Sugar
Diet Pepsi
Diet Coke
Coke
Pepsi

Im not saying you're wrong, but you're wrong :-)

Pepsi Max
Vanilla Coke
Coke
Pepsi
Zero Sugar (no more zero here)
Diet Coke
Decaf Diet Coke (WTF where they thinking with that one??)

Actually, I much prefer Dr Pepper Vanilla Float to all of them, but I think it may have been a limited edition and Dr Pepper is next to impossible to find here in Oz anyway in anything but regular (and even then its far more expensive that Coke/Pepsi). I do notice however a nice Dr Pepper/HFCS hangover an hour or so later, but the Vanilla Float is worth it

Kay Serrar wrote:
I used to wonder how anyone could stand the taste of Diet Coke. Now I wonder how anyone can stand drinking something as sweet as full fat Coke.
I always found Zero to be much sweeter than Coke, but again, that could be down to the fact we still use real sugar here to sweeten our Coke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
iO4 wrote:

I was worried, but I've largely not noticed a big difference between Coke Zero and Coke Zero Sugar. Tastes basically the same. Still not as sweet as regular Coke.

And here we go again four years later. I haven’t found the new new Coke Zero Sugar on the shelves yet down here in middle VA, or elsewhere for that matter, but the reviews are, if not universal, largely positive, from what I’m reading.

https://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/...o-sugar-2021-review/

Last edited by: sphere: Aug 22, 21 22:00
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
slowguy wrote:
iO4 wrote:

And here we go again four years later. I haven’t found the new new Coke Zero Sugar on the shelves yet down here in middle VA, or elsewhere for that matter, but the reviews are, if not universal, largely positive, from what I’m reading.

https://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/...o-sugar-2021-review/

I bought a case of Coke Zero a week or two ago, same packaging as usual, and opened up to find the new cans. Bait and switch.

Fortunately, I haven’t noticed much, if any, difference.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a case of the new packaging and didn’t know they had changed the formula, but I did wonder if I could sense a slight change. Whatever the change was/is, I don’t mind it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"I'll just wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero"
“In the meantime, would your holiness care for regular Diet Coke?”
“Whoooo, let’s not utter heresies, Domen. It’s death to settle for things in life."

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what is the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero?

Diet Pepsi gal here

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Coke Zero Sugar [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I can tell, is that one is in a white can the other is in a black can

To maintain my consistent branding, I go with the black one LOL

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:

Diet Pepsi gal here

I believe Coke Zero has no caffeine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:

Diet Pepsi gal here

Coke Zero tastes roughly like Coca Cola, but a little less sweet. Diet Coke tastes like aspartame or whatever sugar substitute they commonly used in diet soda 30 years ago.

Coke Zero doesn’t taste like a diet soda.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just as slowguy says. They do make a zero caffeine Coke Zero as well, but the regular Coke Zero is caffeinated,
Quote Reply

Prev Next