Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be right behind you. I'm having trouble finding a reason not to buy this bar.

Thanks for starting the thread!

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you select your stem length? What are your plans for BTA and computer mounts?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
-Any concerns about running Magura RT8 brakes on the AU?

Nothing I can think of.

Quote:
-The reach from the BB to the back of my pads is 485, of which 437 comes from my size 58 P3 frame. How would you recommend replicating those numbers with the AU? In other words, can I get there with the 70mm or 100mm AU stem?

And now we come to (part of) why PD engage my services as a consultant - I've modelled the fit options of most aerobars on the market for the velogicfit bike finder so can calculate the fit for most bikes/bars.
Your Pad Y still 660?

Accuracy is radial distance from target in XYZ.
You might choose to slam the steerer spacers in favour of more under the pads. So 10mm on the steerer and 30mm under the pads will move x forward 3mm and should give you enough clearance to use the Bridge and BTA.

The integrated bottle is still a few months away from hitting the market. It's not an easy thing to make.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, thank you! Very helpful, great advice.

Love the idea of 10mm on the steerer and 30mm under the pads.

My Y is currently 665, so very close!

Is the Z (100) in your model referencing the 100mm AU stem?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ext Z is the separation of the extensions (c to c in mm) - which is fixed on this bar but becomes an important variable on clipons (hence inclusion in the models)
Pad Z is the armrest width (c-c)

For 665 you could just add in the bridge (5mm) on 30mm spacers
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, I see. Fwiw, my pad Z is 245. Based on what I've seen elsewhere, I should be able to get there on the AU?

Sorry if I missed this, but which stem did you model / recommend?

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
closest pad centre is 252mm, note that the F40 will effectively be wider than most so you might want to go in a step from there
For the stem - I've highlighted the relevant cell

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure how different the bar is but it looks like the New Cube runs Profile bars with Magura brakes.

I wondered if the drink system on the Cube is also Profile Design as it looks quite similar to the new system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it, thanks again! You are tremendously helpful.

Cheers,

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cube uses the brackets from the Aeria Ultimate but their own basebar.
I haven't seen any images of a drink system for it, I don't know what they're using.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
How did you select your stem length? What are your plans for BTA and computer mounts?

Scott

Trisports only had the 70mm stem left so that was chosen for me. :-)

That stated, I would have selected the 70mm anyway since I only need about 75mm of effective stem length to get my pad reach of about 500mm.

I haven't thought of BTA or computer mounts yet. I'll probably just keep my Xlab torpedo cage and see what real estate I have left for the computer.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
GreatScott wrote:

Nothing I can think of.

Quote:

-The reach from the BB to the back of my pads is 485, of which 437 comes from my size 58 P3 frame. How would you recommend replicating those numbers with the AU? In other words, can I get there with the 70mm or 100mm AU stem?

And now we come to (part of) why PD engage my services as a consultant - I've modelled the fit options of most aerobars on the market for the velogicfit bike finder so can calculate the fit for most bikes/bars.
Your Pad Y still 660?

You might choose to slam the steerer spacers in favour of more under the pads. So 10mm on the steerer and 30mm under the pads will move x forward 3mm and should give you enough clearance to use the Bridge and BTA.

The integrated bottle is still a few months away from hitting the market. It's not an easy thing to make.

David,
My frame stack and reach is 540 and 425. My current pad stack and reach is 605 and 500. What's your recommendation on setup with the 70mm stem?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that reach to rear? If not, which pads are you using (or just let me know reach to rear)
What is your pad width?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Is that reach to rear? If not, which pads are you using (or just let me know reach to rear)
What is your pad width?

Center-ish of pad. TriRig Alpha X holders with CeeGees pads, which according to CeeGees are 110mm in width..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I haven't thought of BTA or computer mounts yet. I'll probably just keep my Xlab torpedo cage and see what real estate I have left for the computer.

He just said there's potentially a massive performance advantage associated with the integrated bottle. You're not going to try it and see if it works? I guess I'd probably give it a shot if I had this bar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, meant the width between armrests. It doesn't matter for the XY calc (as all the adjustments are independent).
You would need a Cobb or STS headset cover. The minimum I've used in the system is 9mm (as that is common) so a Cobb would get you right on the Y target and 1mm from X.

Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

He just said there's potentially a massive performance advantage associated with the integrated bottle. You're not going to try it and see if it works? I guess I'd probably give it a shot if I had this bar

Not yet available. I'd also like to add that I'm not sure it would play well with the Dimond brake cover. I haven't found one single BTA system that "hangs" between the bars to work with the Dimond.

cyclenutnz wrote:

Last edited by: The GMAN: Sep 12, 17 4:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Sorry, meant the width between armrests. It doesn't matter for the XY calc (as all the adjustments are independent).
You would need a Cobb or STS headset cover. The minimum I've used in the system is 9mm (as that is common) so a Cobb would get you right on the Y target and 1mm from X.

Would I be better served with the 100mm stem?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can use the long stem, but your accuracy slips out by 0.1mm!!
To clear the dimond brake cover you're probably better with the long stem and it would give you a chance at the bottle.
You can see the Stevens has a bayonet here and here - the Bottle is a fair way ahead of the HT and the rubber gusset gets cut to match
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
You can use the long stem, but your accuracy slips out by 0.1mm!!
To clear the dimond brake cover you're probably better with the long stem and it would give you a chance at the bottle.
You can see the Stevens has a bayonet here and here - the Bottle is a fair way ahead of the HT and the rubber gusset gets cut to match

Thanks! I ordered the 100mm stem. Despite it causing my fit accuracy to be off by .1mm.

Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know of a Garmin mount that works with those extensions? The extensions are larger then the standard 22.2.

Timothy Winslow
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [timmywins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timmywins wrote:
Do you know of a Garmin mount that works with those extensions? The extensions are larger then the standard 22.2.

I am using the Garmin mount with the o ring type straps on a cheap clamp on computer mount and it works awesome. I wasn't aware that the extensions were a different diameter? This is the one I have....https://www.amazon.com/...ter%2Bmount&th=1
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [timmywins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timmywins wrote:
Which one are you talking about? Enve bar uses standard width extensions, I know because I've replaced them with Profile Designs...
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The extensions start out at the 22.2 standard size, then as they extend out they get thicker. Thats why none of the standard garmin mounts work.

Timothy Winslow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
cyclenutnz wrote:
GreatScott wrote:

Nothing I can think of.

Quote:

Your Pad Y still 660?

David,
My frame stack and reach is 540 and 425. My current pad stack and reach is 605 and 500. What's your recommendation on setup with the 70mm stem?

David, same question but now with the 100mm stem. I'm going to build it up this weekend. Putting SRAM eTap on there as well.

Quote Reply

Prev Next