Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
American Zofingen 2018
Quote | Reply
Got this from Facebook;

''Signed documents at Mohonk today. American Zofignen will be May 20, 2018. Registration will be open shortly. Many new things coming and will post as we get them completed. I look forward to the annual family reunion of Zofignen athletes.''

I will probably be there as a volunteer this year and hope to race the following year. But let's hear from the Slowtwitchers who are tough enough to bring this race back with a bang. ST has become pretty wimpy lately, come to AZ and let us what you've got!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Sep 11, 17 10:03
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES!!!

Got the lowdown direct from Tom Ganz yesterday afternoon up at Skytop at the SOS finish line.
He is FIRED UP that AmZof will be back again, and they are going to work hard to make it even better than ever.
Lots of new sponsors, in addition to most of the past ones.

Anybody who lives within driving distance of New Paltz NY has NO EXCUSE to not attend this race, it's one of the very best events in the country, in one of the most beautiful venues in the world.

Also - FREE BEER!!!
In Big Honkin Steins.

AmZof OG Kevin Krol & his lovely bride Anne make the 8 hour drive from Cleveland OH to New Paltz almost every year.
Suck it up, buttercups.

Be there.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good news! I really missed the 2017 race and was happy to defer to 2018. In for 2018 LC.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
YES!!!

Be there.

I will come out of self imposed ST exile and out of multi-sport "retirement" for one thing only, AmZof!

Thanks for the update. I will be there
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
YES!!!

Be there.

I will come out of self imposed ST exile and out of multi-sport "retirement" for one thing only, AmZof!

Thanks for the update. I will be there

And that's why you rock.
Looking forward to getting the band back together!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calendar is blocked. Looking forward to racing with the Canadian women and aiming for a sub 3:00. Then a lot of drinking and eating as the rest of the crowd runs through the pavilion over and over again.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Game on!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blocked off the date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SOS really??? (figured you were spectating)

Impressed that you swam more yesterday than all of the last 5 years ;)

No. 1 bike split is not to shabby either!

Nice job!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
SOS really??? (figured you were spectating)

Impressed that you swam more yesterday than all of the last 5 years ;)

No. 1 bike split is not to shabby either!

Nice job!

LOL!!
Yeah, I'm a local now, and apparently it's like a requirement of some sort.
I wasn't really given much choice in the matter.

Well, I kinda *was* spectating - got to watch at least 30-someodd people pass me after I got in first off the bike.
Was fun leading the race for the back half of the bike course, with a State Trooper in front of me, and a moto shooting video next to me.
My 15 miles of fame.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geezer wave go first?

Do you plan to train for AZ this year?

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
34 Michael Bakker 51 M5054 5:44:06 NEW PALTZ NY
You had a good day, congratulations!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
34 Michael Bakker 51 M5054 5:44:06 NEW PALTZ NY
You had a good day, congratulations!!!

I have no idea who that guy is.

I got the race I trained for.
My geezer wave was 4th, so I got to ride thru everybody from the 3 waves in front of me, from 1-3 minutes ahead.
I got thru very cleanly, much to my surprise and delight.
Been biking fairly well, so the plan was to win the bike prime, then do whatever for the rest, and just try to "survive" the race.

Hoping to be in shape for AmZof next May.
I always "plan" to train for it - just haven't often kept to that plan these past few years.
Looking forward to seeing you there again, even if yer not going to be racing it, this time around.

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Sep 11, 17 17:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope to be back in 2018. I make the drive from Columbus Ohio. Easily my favorite race.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll leave the light on for ya!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt a ripple in the force and a tingling down where my bathing suit covers..........alas AmZof 2018 gets rubber stamped into my next May! Look forward to being humbled by CWD distance and watching the LC folks stride thru the pavilion whilst I enjoy burger and extras. Sure hope the shirts are white this year. Will the kilt wearing, baby bump sporting, McWheezy be piping up the National Anthem? (It's like going to Disney and seeing Mickey....a must have). Is it too early for the smack thread to get rolling? I understand if we lobby hard enough, the CWD damsel CeeCee might be encouraged to throw a brick on her gas pedal and make the trip down from Ontario to hold court in the pavilion. Some day hope to throw down for the GCG Memorial distance.........but that day awaits.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trihumor wrote:
Felt a ripple in the force and a tingling down where my bathing suit covers..........alas AmZof 2018 gets rubber stamped into my next May! Look forward to being humbled by CWD distance and watching the LC folks stride thru the pavilion whilst I enjoy burger and extras. Sure hope the shirts are white this year. Will the kilt wearing, baby bump sporting, McWheezy be piping up the National Anthem? (It's like going to Disney and seeing Mickey....a must have). Is it too early for the smack thread to get rolling? I understand if we lobby hard enough, the CWD damsel CeeCee might be encouraged to throw a brick on her gas pedal and make the trip down from Ontario to hold court in the pavilion. Some day hope to throw down for the GCG Memorial distance.........but that day awaits.

Odds are long against skirt-wearing Fatty McWheezy blowing the pipes next year, as he's no longer the RD and has pretty much completely stepped away from multisport these past 2 years or so.
Although he is now following me on Strava, if that counts for anything.

Very psyched that all of the (ir)regulars are going to be returning to the siren song of New Paltz, where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful Canadian Womens instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.
I'm talking about a little race called AmZof.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BUMP.

2018 American Zofingen registration is NOW OPEN.

https://localraces.com/...ub/american-zofingen

anybody who deferred the 2017 registration is already automagically registered for 2018.

Tom has shot video of the entire bike course, which he will be editing/compressing and uploading shortly.
Ditto for the run course.

Game on!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I am ready to pull the trigger and get back in on the "fun".

I'll have to break the news very subtly and gently to my legs, as they have never quite forgiven me for the pain I put them through at my last go round at AZ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Making a comeback this year and bringing a new team to AmZof. We are the pink flamingos and are a group of middle aged men who are better at drinking than multi sports, but looking to make a strong comeback. Seems like we should fit in!

You will see a bunch of men running around in pink tackling the middle course this year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know little about this race, but it sounds awesome. Do people camp nearby? Or are there hotels close?

What's the course like? Super hilly?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's time to come back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@ML..... Swallows of Capistrano.... you illiterate moron....
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [scrafda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scrafda wrote:
Making a comeback this year and bringing a new team to AmZof. We are the pink flamingos and are a group of middle aged men who are better at drinking than multi sports, but looking to make a strong comeback. Seems like we should fit in!

You will see a bunch of men running around in pink tackling the middle course this year

Middle aged, better at drinking than multisport?
Looking to make a comeback?

Thank God you'll be wearing pink, or we wouldn't be able to tell you apart from all the rest of us.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next