Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
So I did replicate your experience. Just got the email now but it was only 5% although I did have a couple of pairs of boots in my cart, not sure if that matters or not. Curious when you bought your boots - if you can check the date I would appreciate it.

back in January ... I tried this trick on another pair a couple months after ( was going to buy a set for my inlaws) and was only offered 6%. I've been offered 10% and 7% before too.
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jul 19, 17 16:49
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greenlawnracing wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:
Wife must really love me as she bought me a pair for my bday. Been fine so far for a few weeks.

Taking them in my carry on has been interesting. I finally learned to take them out at security.

What are you guys using as far as a case?

Did you ever sort out a case for your Air Relax? If so what are you using? I did get final confirmation that *official* cases are coming sometime in August. Could get delayed by customs/dock workers of course always but that is the timeline for now.

Did not - please let me know when they are available!

Any idea on price?
I didn't even think to ask but I will.

Tell them not to do the crazy Normatec pricing!

The case is now available. It has actually been available for a few weeks and I have one in my possession and traveling with it for the first time. I would like to do a quick review with some pictures but haven't gotten around to it yet. It is a high quality bag, even comes with a waterproof cover I guess so you can leave it out in the rain at the track / cc meet. $80 is the price. It is the about the same total size of the Normatec case but it is a longer and shorter

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice looking case... I might use that instead of my Normatec case.. which I feel is on the small side.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
nice looking case... I might use that instead of my Normatec case.. which I feel is on the small side.

Plenty of room for sure. The Normatec case is a more hard shell case. If you anticipate anyone throwing around the bag like a rag doll that could be a positive.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Plenty of room for sure. The Normatec case is a more hard shell case. If you anticipate anyone throwing around the bag like a rag doll that could be a positive.

do you continue to use both?.. I got the air relax first , then normatec. However I feel like the Air Relax is a great backup and maybe nice to keep around because it's pretty cheap afterall.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

do you continue to use both?.. I got the air relax first , then normatec. However I feel like the Air Relax is a great backup and maybe nice to keep around because it's pretty cheap afterall.

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this while traveling for Ironman Wisconsin. I do use both and I will continue to use both. I don't want to end up pigeoned into one niche, but there are various changes, updates etc, from both brands, and people will continue to ask me questions and I want to make sure I can answer them. For instance, Air Relax has come out with 2 more boot sizes since I originally wrote up my piece way back in Aug of 2016. They have come out with a case because they realized that people who use them for sport actually travel with them as opposed to the medical need which tends to be for people who are NOT in great health.

One of my biggest disappointments with the first version of the Normatec Pulse was the battery was always draining when not plugged in, which means it could be dead when I ACTUALLY wanted to use it without the cord. Supposedly that has been fixed in the 2018 version but I would like to test it and make sure it does because that is a feature I use and I know others use it as well.

But you are right, either way two pairs makes a good backup. When I first got started in boots it was because a roommate had a pair. With 3 athletes in one roof and one pair of boots it always was a challenge to get some time in them when they weren't mine... but it was something I knew I needed so I started staying up a bit later so I could get quality time in them. Now when I think about them going bust it is not big deal because I have a couple of pairs, but the typical person doesn't and often times you don't realize how much you miss something until it is gone.

Either way the squeeze provided is different and a little variation never hurt anyone. I think of this in relationship to always keeping a couple of running shoes in the rotation.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas,

Thanks for your insight on this topic and the discount code.

Wondering if any Canadians have bought the Air Relax system and if so what were the taxes and duties like? I'm looking to get a pair and expect to pay duties and taxes, just trying to get an idea of the costs.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Triguybri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triguybri wrote:
Thomas,

Wondering if any Canadians have bought the Air Relax system and if so what were the taxes and duties like? I'm looking to get a pair and expect to pay duties and taxes, just trying to get an idea of the costs.

That is a good question. I know that they are trying to establish a dealer network in various countries. I know they have UK, Germany, and Australia covered, not sure about Canada. How does the taxes and duties system work in Canada with mail order. Do they collect when they deliver and does it matter which carrier is used to ship??? Do they ever not enforce taxes and duties?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Triguybri wrote:
Thomas,

That is a good question. I know that they are trying to establish a dealer network in various countries. I know they have UK, Germany, and Australia covered, not sure about Canada. How does the taxes and duties system work in Canada with mail order. Do they collect when they deliver and does it matter which carrier is used to ship??? Do they ever not enforce taxes and duties?

I spoke with Air Relax via email, they use UPS for shipping and its likely that they will charge taxes, duties and brokerage fees at time of delivery. I'm not concerned about the taxes and duties ( it is what it is ) but the brokerage fees can be ridiculous at times. I may try to call UPS and get some details. USPS does not charge all the time but Air Relax has had some challenges with them and only uses UPS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triguybri wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Triguybri wrote:
Thomas,

I spoke with Air Relax via email, they use UPS for shipping and its likely that they will charge taxes, duties and brokerage fees at time of delivery. I'm not concerned about the taxes and duties ( it is what it is ) but the brokerage fees can be ridiculous at times. I may try to call UPS and get some details. USPS does not charge all the time but Air Relax has had some challenges with them and only uses UPS.

Good to know. Since you ordered a set I'll be curious if you get hit with the brokerage fee or not. Maybe they will be too busy delivering late holiday packages or they will be in the holiday spirit :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Triguybri wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Triguybri wrote:
Thomas,

Good to know. Since you ordered a set I'll be curious if you get hit with the brokerage fee or not. Maybe they will be too busy delivering late holiday packages or they will be in the holiday spirit :)

One can only hope. I will provide an update when the boots arrive in 5-8 days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update for all the Canadians

Ups delivered my Air Relax recovery boots today and the taxes brokerage and duties totalled $97.29 CAD ( $68.76 GST and $28.53 Brokerage fees ) Shipment took 6 business days total.

Now time to put them to good use!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting your experience Triguybri. I've been looking at ordering AirRelax into Canada as well. $28 for the brokerage is not bad, certainly better than the outrageous amounts I've seen previously with UPS. Unfortunately it looks like it's $91USD for the shipping itself, which really puts a damper on the deal.

Hopefully a Canadian distributor comes along, or I may have to just order to the US during a vacation or something...
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [yanr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yanr

I believe my shipping was $81 to Ontario. All said and done the system cost me $700 Canadian ( Approx $535 US ) At the end of the day its a great system and the extra cost over the life of the boots is really not a big deal. I figured if I had them shipped to the US on a trip or to my Dad who winters in Florida I would be without the system for 2 -3 months so there is some value in having them in 6 days vs 60-90 days.

I had two 15 minute sessions in the boots yesterday and the legs felt fresh this morning. I will provide another update after a few weeks of use.

If you really want them and you are going to use them, the $91 in shipping will pay for itself in no time.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [yanr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yanr wrote:
Thanks for posting your experience Triguybri. I've been looking at ordering AirRelax into Canada as well. $28 for the brokerage is not bad, certainly better than the outrageous amounts I've seen previously with UPS. Unfortunately it looks like it's $91USD for the shipping itself, which really puts a damper on the deal.

Hopefully a Canadian distributor comes along, or I may have to just order to the US during a vacation or something...

I can say this, shipping in the US keeps going up up and up. I am gassed, it seems like we have had two rates hike a year every year for the last couple years and I just saw another one coming down the pipleline soon. Discord around why probably belongs in the Lav room but I know I have offended at least one in the classified in shipping something to Canada but that was just what the price was. The days of shipping small items are over for the individual retail shipper. I am going to have to start bundling things to get them to Canada.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
yanr wrote:

I can say this, shipping in the US keeps going up up and up. I am gassed, it seems like we have had two rates hike a year every year for the last couple years and I just saw another one coming down the pipleline soon. Discord around why probably belongs in the Lav room but I know I have offended at least one in the classified in shipping something to Canada but that was just what the price was. The days of shipping small items are over for the individual retail shipper. I am going to have to start bundling things to get them to Canada.
Ordered a pair a few days ago. $61 to ship to AK. While not great, not horrible. i look forward to seeing how they make the old legs feel after a solid month of use. Thanks Thomas!
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious if any of you have any updated positive or negative reviews of any of these devices. Much appreciated!

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if you're near Miami this weekend, air relax has a both at the miami marathon expo. 10% off everything and you don't have to pay the shipping. Ended up getting the bag for $77
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. Have you used a Normatec before? I'd be interested in your opinion on the AR system as a comparison

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just the air relax, sorry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
So if you're near Miami this weekend, air relax has a both at the miami marathon expo. 10% off everything and you don't have to pay the shipping. Ended up getting the bag for $77

Good to know!!! Btw, Are you liking the long boots still over the shorter for your situation? Did you ever pick up the shorts or have a chance to try them out?? Did they charge you the ~7% sales tax, trying to figure how they get back up $77 and that is all I can figure?

Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Nice. Have you used a Normatec before? I'd be interested in your opinion on the AR system as a comparison

Is there anything in particular you are interested in knowing between the two? One thing also is the Normatec system had a refresh at the end of last year, it was quietly updated as far as I am concerned. The biggest change for me was to the battery - huge improvement there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never did end up getting the long boots. I've been alright with the regular boots. I don't use the system as much as i should because I'm never just sitting around but when I do use them I enjoy them. And yeah, dade county 7% sales tax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
Never did end up getting the long boots. I've been alright with the regular boots. I don't use the system as much as i should because I'm never just sitting around but when I do use them I enjoy them. And yeah, dade county 7% sales tax

Good to know on the long boots. Not sure if you noticed it but they actually game out with a tweener size between when you brought this up last year and now. I am much more comfortable recommending that size to people in your size range without knowing more about body dimensions, inseams, etc.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My air Relax came in today and of course I plopped right down to give them a try on.

Super easy to set up. Literally a "plug and play". Got the longest version and for my 5' 11.75", 32-34" inseam...they are a little long. Not too long, but the next size down would have probably worked. I do like that they come all the way up though! Started with Level 1...and it really just felt like the inflation was happening, but didn't really feel much on the legs, and really at that pressure, I guess there isn't supposed to be a lot of pressure. Went to Level 2, and definitely feel it better there. Not super tight, but tight. Tried out Level 3....and that might be made for small legged people. Got one chamber to inflate and I turned it off. That was...TIGHT. Uncomfortable tight. I can't even imagine what Level 4 feels like.

After 30 minutes (15 on mode A, 15 on mode B) I hopped out. Unlike some that feel an immediate "my legs feel great" sensation...I didn't have that. But I also wasn't expecting to. This is a process, and as long as it works...the benefits will be reaped over a greater period of time.

The carrying case: is nice. Easy to fit into, and easy to carry and very well made.

I'd like to thank you all on this thread for your contribution. My 40 year old body thanks you!
Quote Reply

Prev Next