Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [NinTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the washer in place? If so maybe just get some Grade 8 fasteners.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not familiar with a washer, do you have a picture or a part number? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of questions regarding the fork: does anyone know the aero difference between the tri fork and the uci legal? And is the fork size specific, of you were to change fork?
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the uci/deep parts differences are in the white paper.

Forks are matched to frame size - the internal and external steerer match the headtube.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Pro Textreme Disc [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if a Pro Texreme Disc will fit out back on a second gen SC?. I won't be using the duotrap sensor.
Last edited by: A.Hart: Aug 26, 17 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Textreme Disc [A.Hart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be fine*. Most people I've seen having issues were using wheel covers. The old Pro disc (c2009) fits fine. The Lightweight is close, but you can trim the rubbery seal on the inside and that gives plenty of clearance.

Quote Reply
Re: Pro Textreme Disc [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. To be clear this was the version I was referring to. A buddy is offering to let me use it for an upcoming TT.

https://www.evanscycles.com/...-disc-wheel-EV213657
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In that case, try it and see.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take the drive over and see. He also offered up his Dash 25mm disc and that's flat, so there should be no issues if I grab that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. Should definitely be fine with a flat disk. Only the brake adjustment to consider if needed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 7.5 and recently went to a little wider front wheel... discovered I'm having more clearance issues than I anticipated. After tinkering with the front brakes more that I want to discuss... it looks like somehow I got TRP brake cartridges (bike shop?) on there and there's a pad holder bolt on the back face of the cartridge that is hitting the inside of my fork.

I've pulled up some pics and it looks like the stock holders are first of all Bontranger and have the pad holder bolt on the top edge.

Which would make sense... can someone shoot a good pic of their front pad cartridge holders to confirm this for me?

It's a small difference but with my new Flo60, I'd prefer a bit more gap.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl -

Do you have actual dimensions for the different length extensions...? Short Vs. Long...? Thank you.

- Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Joe Holcomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, Carl has left the building (no longer works for Trek, or something like that)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [srschick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does ANYONE have an spec/dimension numbers for the mono extension...?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Joe Holcomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Holcomb wrote:
Does ANYONE have an spec/dimension numbers for the mono extension...?

What exactly are you looking for? I'm guessing if it's a specific dimension you want, someone around here could measure one of ours and get it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [_Will_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all, has anyone with a gen1 SC managed to get a pioneer PM to work/fit with the frameset? I believe it my have been a no go in the past, just wondering if by chance any of the newer Shimano cranks (9100 etc) happen to allow a bit more clearance for the non-drive side PM unit?

Thx!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A.Hart wrote:
Anyone know if a Pro Texreme Disc will fit out back on a second gen SC?. I won't be using the duotrap sensor.

Unless you've already figured this out, it will not fit. Fouls on the Duotrap sensor hole.

Edit: The Dash Cycles disc will fit.
Last edited by: TheFisher: Sep 6, 17 22:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just discovered today that the two bolts that hold my 2015 7.5 mono extension onto the base bar are seized. They've been rusty for a while and I guess the whole having a baby thing diverted my attention....in any case, I'm a little worried that too much enthusiasm in removing them is going to crack the extension. Any top tips? My LBS sprayed some stuff around them today so perhaps by tomorrow things will have improved, but I'm not optimistic. Thanks in advance for any info.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking into a used Trek Speed Concept 7.5 from 2012, size L. I was wondering if it will fit me, I cannot find the information online.

height = 183 cm
saddle height = 767
x,y = 476 and 656

Any thoughts? See picture below.

https://scontent.fmuc2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/...47a1&oe=5A5A7D2F
Last edited by: Tommasi: Sep 25, 17 13:50
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [Tommasi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a great bike - and if it doesn’t fit you perfectly straight away, it’s pretty easy and inexpensive to get the spacers or other parts you need to adjust it until it does. I’m 183 tall also and my L fits me perfectly.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is huge. A great wealth of knowledge, but I am unable to search specifically in this thread for what I'm looking for.

Looking for ideas on how to mount a front light to the gen 2 base bar. I like the bontrager lights such as the flare/ion combo.

https://www.trekbikes.com/...?colorCode=white_red

There is a bontrager bracket that mounts to the SC seatpost, but unsure how to rig the front light? https://www.trekbikes.com/...484/?colorCode=black

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [Tigertater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just mount it underneath the extension. Works for me. Hope it helps

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Under an aero extension is the only option I can think of as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if that light can be rotated 90 degrees.... if it can, then you can mount it on your aero bar extensions.

If it doesn't rotate than you need to find something that will place a 22.2mm cylindrical piece in between your extensions. There are products that do this or you can just cut up some pvc piping. Then you can mount the light to that piece.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not know what what mount options came with yours, but mine came with one like in the link below. I found it works great by attaching it to the aero extension.

https://www.trekbikes.com/...924/?colorCode=black
Quote Reply

Prev Next