Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Aug. 28 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 28 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, hello.

Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik!

Last week I had a regular week of training and a race on Saturday that I treated a big brick as part of my 70.3 build. I ended the week with 3 runs, 3 bikes, 2 swims, 1 yoga class, and 1 strength session. My elbow is still not 100% so one of my swims was mostly kicking and the other was at the race (that was an intentionally easier paced swim because I didn't want to take any risks but was unintentionally squiggly swim -- I think due to my uneven pull left to right).
As I mentioned last week, Saturday's race "focus [was] just to test my tri bike position at a good effort without mangling myself or being unable to run." I've had a lot of fit issues and have been racing my road bike since getting hurt last year so I was really nervous getting back on the tri bike again. I am happy to report that my bike was solid. Saturday was the first time I really felt comfortable on the tri bike -- other than tired neck muscles I had no issues with the new position. I came off the bike without pain so my run was faster than I expected and was also free of any hip or low-back issues. HALLELUJAH it seems I have finally found a fit that works. I hit my performance goals and achieved my non-performance goal of meeting the friendly SLOGoing :D Hooray for Womens!

This week, I am going to see how the elbow feels and try to take some video to see what's happening with my stroke. I'm planning for 3 runs, 3 bikes, hopefully 2 swims, daily p/rehab, and maybe 2 yoga classes. I am done strength training until after my 70.3 next month.

I hope everyone has a great week of training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Women!

Um. SoCal failed to mention her 1st place AG podium finish at Santa Barbara!! WOOT! No kidding, ladies. I'm running along, minding my own business, right around mile 2.5, and this bouncy, pouncy woman is flying toward me at incredibly speed (out and back course) and she yells, "are you Hillary!? SLOGoing??" And I'm thinking, holy shit! How the hell did SoCal recognize me? So, not only is SoCal fast, but she is an incredible detective. You looked solid, SoCal! I am so impressed! And I'm glad I'm not in your age group. You smoked me. I'm glad your bike is working out for you.

My week was good. Pretty light for training with busy work and such. Raced Santa Barbara and was happy enough with my time. It is a funny distance 1 mile swim, 34 mile bike, 10 mile run. Great race overall and bonus dolphins swimming inside the buoy line after the race while I was splashing around.

Swim x2
Bike x2
Run x2
Race x1

I wrapped up my week with a 2.3 mile OWS on Sunday. This week is mostly maintenance and a long holiday weekend in Catalina.

SLOGoing & SoCal meet post-race.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 28 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the AG place! I'm glad the bike position is sorted out.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week - very likely racing on Sunday (a 2k swim/10 mi run aquathlon), so get rested for that. Ride at least twice. Do a long swim. Day off from running.

I raced - I was second or third out of the water (one guy in front and I tied with another), but a volunteer directed me to take a wrong turn, which led to my inadvertently cutting the course. Dq :-(

I TRIED to rest for the race. I biked 4 miles on Friday (good!) then ran 11.5 on Saturday because I was antsy (bad).

I took my bike out for errands three times, for a total of 8 miles.

totals 11,200 yd swim (5x), 8 mi bike (3x), 53 ish miles run

Goals for this week - THE KITTENS WERE BORN YESTERDAY! so I'll work out when I feel like it. I just want to watch them :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Dr. Tigerchik -- I was pleasantly surprised at my placing but THRILLED to be comfortable on and then off the bike. Sorry to hear about your DQ but good work on the swim and a warm welcome to the kittens.

It was my pleasure to meet you, SLOGoing -- such a treat. Well done this weekend and I look forward to seeing you in Santa Cruz!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a good week! I cycled about 160 miles and ran once without pain. I didn't run more than that because my physio didn't send me any more workouts - she knew I was feeling pretty tired and wanted to focus on my biking goal for the month.
I also didn't purchase any cookies but did eat one at a friend's house when I went over for tea.

I got my air brakes qualification so I can drive the fire trucks unsupervised now.

Dan started his executive MBA at the weekend so I'm splitting my time between home and the hotel in the city as he is on a intense week until Friday. My one goal is to cycle enough by Thursday to meet my 1000km goal for the month. And then maybe run once or twice after that.

It was very cool that SoCal and SloGoing got to meet! and congratulations on the podium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have decided that I'm over being fat and out of shape, so joined a new gym (24 hr and 7 days a week - big deal in the South!!) and started working with a personal trainer. I've had 3 sessions with him so far and he "gets" me. It doesn't hurt that he's cute as heck too.

Yesterday I also got back in the pool for the first time since the Womens' camp in the spring. At least 1,300 yards (lost count), so it's a start. The noon workout coach is new to the Master's team and seems to be very good.

Now to think about a race or two next year.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ladies, I got an email that I could invite friends to a free month of Trainer Road. If you're interested, PM me with your name and email and I'll see if I can figure it out. (It seems like I only have one to give away.)

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply