Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video)
Quote | Reply
I have been messing around with the bike fast fit app and would love your help on any changes I should make. I started reading about FIST and how to fit in aero. Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks
5'10"
165lbs
P3 54cm

Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video) [heath_82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are comfortable then don't change a thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video) [heath_82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe post another video with an aero helmet on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with the other poster; if you are comfortable, I would not change anything. Looks really good.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video) [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fit with helmet.
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, wanted to mention I'm currently on 175mm cranks.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your position looks really good, but you might want to try shorter cranks and raising your saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video) [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Your position looks really good, but you might want to try shorter cranks and raising your saddle.

How does this help? This is an area I am trying to gain knowledge in and don't know much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You push with your calf the last bit of the down stroke, you could probably save the calf for the run by lowering the saddle slightly.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video) [HonestYP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shorter cranks may help keep your hip angle more open over top of your stroke. This becomes more important the more "aggressive" your position is. Lots of anecdotes to say it helps.
For reference I've used 155mm cranks with no problems at 6' tall. I now use 165mm as buying a new power meter is tricky below 165
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video) [bluntandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotcha! Thank you for the response. I will have to look into see if this would benefit me at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video) [bluntandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluntandy wrote:
Shorter cranks may help keep your hip angle more open over top of your stroke. This becomes more important the more "aggressive" your position is. Lots of anecdotes to say it helps.
For reference I've used 155mm cranks with no problems at 6' tall. I now use 165mm as buying a new power meter is tricky below 165

That is a secondary reason for shorter cranks continually propagated on forums. Shorter cranks are not, nor have they ever been, primarily about hip angle.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video) [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remind me. What's the primary reason for shorter cranks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you tilt your extensions up at all? might help you feel more "grounded" in the position with a bit more angle on your forearms. you also seem to encounter a mild restriction at the top of your pedal stroke. your whole trunk moves briefly to accommodate the top. i'd go to shorter cranks. 165-170.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fast Fit app what changes do I need to make (video) [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for your help! I'm definitely going to try shorter cranks. My elbow pads won't tilt unless I move the base bar and I want to keep it flat. It's a tri rig alpha first gen. Does anyone know if there is a way to tilt the pads up? Tilt kit?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, there is no official supported solution for independent pad tilt on Alpha Classic. Some users have done DIY things, but we don't support those.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply