Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NFL Teams Most Likely
Quote | Reply
I guess unless you are the Pats you are not expected to improve from season to season. I'm surprised that the Panthers are not here as a likely to improve team. Carson Palmer was looking like he was finished the last time I saw him throw. Could the Brownies be any worse? You can read all about the stats that made this list at the link below but be sure to add/subtract your own picks.

Teams likely to improve
Jaguars | Chargers | Browns | Eagles | Cardinals

[/url]

Teams likely to decline
Raiders | Texans | Dolphins | Giants | Cowboys

http://www.espn.com/...hagorean-expectation

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My expectations for the Cowboys is 8-8.

Historically that either an exact prediction or will result in a pleasant surprise. Starting this off with another fine from the NFL due to the high number of suspensions, so that bodes well too.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Bills are going 12-4 and are Superbowl bound. I have no data to back this up with, I just make this prediction every year.

The Jags are screwed. Shad Khan wants them in London and they need to keep sucking to move.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eagles will be lucky to split the NFC East 3-3

Maybe they beat the Chargers? 1-3 against AFC West [unless the Raiders already have their division wrapped up, and gift them a win on Xmas Day]

They could get lucky against the Rams or 49ers; the Bears might suck, who knows anymore?

6-10 at best

E-A-G-L-e-fuck it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
My expectations for the Cowboys is 8-8.

Historically that either an exact prediction or will result in a pleasant surprise. Starting this off with another fine from the NFL due to the high number of suspensions, so that bodes well too.

This is just your usual strategy to be ok if they mess up ;-) I think they'll have a good season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

Teams likely to improve

[/url]

Teams likely to decline

The Jags, Chargers, Brown were all so bad it would be hard not to improve. The Cardinals under performed last year but watching Carson Palmer in that last game was painful. He might be out of gas and if that happens they're toast.

Sadly, I don't see the Raiders going down hill. Texans won 9 games last year and I think Deshaun Watson can play. If he plays OK they can win another 9 games with that defense. I don't have a lot of faith in Bortles so unless he turns the corner I don't think they'll win 10 games again. It seems like most of the time the Giants are better than .500 it's because they limped their way past soft teams. Cowboys will be the most interesting as I think they are primed for a let down season.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

Teams likely to improve

Teams likely to decline

The Jags, Chargers, Brown were all so bad it would be hard not to improve. The Cardinals under performed last year but watching Carson Palmer in that last game was painful. He might be out of gas and if that happens they're toast.

I think the Bears decline even more. You may think they have no way to go but up, but in that case, you didn't read anything about the draft...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titans to improve.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure it's a defense mechanism.

But it's been far too long since they didn't suck in the post season, or fail to get there, for me to be anything other than pessimistic.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
Perseus wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

Teams likely to improve

Teams likely to decline

I think the Bears decline even more. You may think they have no way to go but up, but in that case, you didn't read anything about the draft...

If it wasn't for the Bears the Lions would be the worse team in that division. Thank you.

Quote Reply
Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:

The draft was the stuff of legends...for the 49'ers. I don't know if John Lynch has a great poker face or he got lucky but what a sell!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zeke with 6 game suspension.

8-8 for the Cowboys might be as optimistic as an appeal to reduce it to 4 games.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

8-8 for the Cowboys might be as optimistic as an appeal to reduce it to 4 games.

He's yet to appeal, my money says the suspension gets knocked down to two games.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't believe the Raiders are not on the improvement list.

Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
The Bills are going 12-4 and are Superbowl bound. I have no data to back this up with, I just make this prediction every year.

The Jags are screwed. Shad Khan wants them in London and they need to keep sucking to move.

They just traded Watkins and Darby. .. I like it.. 2018 draft.. Bills get 2 1st round, 2 second round and 2 3rd round picks now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with mck. It'll be dropped to 2 games after the appeal. Betting on the cowboys to finish 10-6 and first in NFC East.
Going with losses:@Broncos, Packers, Chiefs, @Falcons, @Giants, @Raiders.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Guffaw wrote:

They just traded Watkins and Darby. .. I like it.. 2018 draft.. Bills get 2 1st round, 2 second round and 2 3rd round picks now.

Bills vs. Browns in the 2020 AFC Championship game.
Bills go on to beat the 49'ers in SuperbOwl LVI
You heard it here first

This big trade was good for Bills, good for Eagles, but WTF were the Rams thinking?

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Broncos fan here and I don't think they have a starting quality QB on the roster except for possibly the undrafted Kyle Sloter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Edelman out for the season with a torn ACL in the first 2min of a pre season game. This one is going to hurt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Edelman out for the season with a torn ACL in the first 2min of a pre season game. This one is going to hurt.

It'll hurt for Edelman and certainly fans or a team always hate when one of the best players, and one of--if not THE--the emotional spark plugs of a roster gets hurt. But it won't hurt the Patriots, at least not to that large an extent.

Edelman was and is a fantastic slot receiver, they don't have a replacement for him. What they have, however, is Brandin Cooks who's a do-everything #1 guy; Chris Hogan, a stretch the field type with great hands; Amendola, super-reliable Edelman-lite slot guy; Malcolm Mitchell, who'd be starting for every other NFL team and showed great potential last year and had a baller Super Bowl; and add in Austin Carr who's a slot guy that's looked great in the preseason and has supposedly had a very impressive camp. Then consider Gronk and Allen, and White, Burkhead and Lewis who are all pass-catching RB's. Gillislee looks like he'll add an element to the offense.

For Edelman I couldn't feel worse; 31-year-old shifty WR's tears his ACL, we may have seen the last of his elite days unfortunately and the guy lives and breathes football, it sucks for him. For the Pats their depth got thinned a tiny bit but it's still an insane amount of talent at one position--and I never even mentioned that Brady fella, who's looked alright in his time in the NFL :)
Last edited by: Brownie28: Aug 27, 17 5:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lions will continue to be the Lions and I do not have the stomach to make any predictions...

Quote | Reply
The Lions will suck... well thats not new.

But their record will be worse than last year.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that it'll be interesting to see how Cooks evolves in his role. And there is unusual depth for the Pats at RB now.
I feel a bit nervous considering Gronk more seriously. He's incredible of course, but I think he's one hit away from retirement too.

We all have (most of the time fake) hatred towards other teams but I really dislike seeing players going down. Can't help thinking how badly these guys will feel getting up in the morning in 15 years. Romo comes to mind. Manning too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I agree that it'll be interesting to see how Cooks evolves in his role. And there is unusual depth for the Pats at RB now.
I feel a bit nervous considering Gronk more seriously. He's incredible of course, but I think he's one hit away from retirement too.

We all have (most of the time fake) hatred towards other teams but I really dislike seeing players going down. Can't help thinking how badly these guys will feel getting up in the morning in 15 years. Romo comes to mind. Manning too.
You mentioned Gronk, think about him in 15, 20 years. He's a walking hospital ward and he's just 28 years old, the guy's had multiple hernia's and like four back surgeries, the double forearm break and multiple surgeries, ACL tear and surgery...it's crazy, and again he's 28. He'll have two or three more serious injuries and surgeries before he's done and he'll be done with the NFL by 32, 34 years old.

The guys that always get forgotten are the linemen...not only are they taking repeated blows to the head--they've consistently been shown to ahve the worst CTE of all football players--but they've carried around excessive weight for 15 years and once football stops most have trouble shedding the weight. Bad knees, backs, heart conditions, the linemen wind up in awful physical condition by their 40's, it's real sad. I tend to say 'it's what they signed up for', and at least now the ones who are decent and can stick in the league for at least 5 years are pretty well set money-wise if they're smart about it, but it's still a shitty situation for these ex-NFL guys.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Teams Most Likely [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
The Lions will suck... well thats not new.

But their record will be worse than last year.

but they will be better than the Bears.

Quote Reply