Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 17 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 17 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week: 3 bikes outside (1 done), day off from running, 4 swims
I rode once, did not take a day off from running, and swam 5.

M: 10 mi run + 7 mi bike
T: 8.5 mi run + 1425 yd swim
W: 5.7 mi run (3.25 mi @ 7:08 pace) + 1450 yd swim
T: 5.7 mi run (3.68 mi @ 7:53 pace) + 1600 yd swim
F: 9 mi run + 1100 yd swim
S: 7 mi run (5.75 @ 8:00/mi) + 1025 yd swim
S: 8.8 mi run

totals 6600 yd swim, 7 mi bike, 54.8 mi run

This week - my mom and I fly to Oklahoma on Friday, so this is my last week of vacation. My mom is going to help me get settled in, which is awesome. She's looking forward to seeing the campus and town and all that. No real goals - just to enjoy the last week I am here in Maine.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck with the move/getting settled/new job!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik, I hope you enjoy your last week of vacation.

My goals last week were:
I'm not sure what my training schedule will look like but I'll try to get in at least 2 swims, 2 bikes, 2 runs, 2 strength sessions, 1 yoga class, and daily p/rehab.

I swam 2x, biked 3x, ran 2x, lifted 1x, yoga'ed 1x and did my daily p/rehab. I took Sunday completely off because I was traveling and tired. This week it's 3 swims, 3 bikes, 3 runs (including a long brick), 2 strength sessions, at least 1 yoga class and daily p/rehab. Nothing special.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Ladies!

Wow. Quite a week for most of you.

I just got back from a week of backpacking, post June Lake Half. Not sure that a week of backpacking in the High Sierras is a good recovery technique after that race, but damn! It was worth it!

I did manage a recovery swim in an alpine lake, Garmin had me at ~1,500m (water was probably 60*) and I did a bike session after the long car ride home. Other than that, we walked and walked and walked and fished and laid in a hammock. All week.

Out of the 800 or so photos, some of the views from our campsites:

Had I not been so wiped out from the race and then 4,000 feet of elevation change (from ~8,000 feet to ~12,000 feet) I would have busted out my runners and explored some of the amazing trails. Instead, I hung out in the hammock.

Today my legs feel like bricks, my calves have cannon balls inside them, and my feet are pulsating. Something tells me it is a day off. Or two. I should be recovered enough this week to nail my local sprint tri on Sunday, I hope.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dr. TC and others:
TC that looks like a huge amount of running. What are you training for?
Good steady pace SoCal.
Anna, hope your luck turns soon. Meanwhile rest the lungs and the foot.
I had no goals last week so met them all! A couple of recovery rides on the bike and one swim and one run (15k) on the weekend. This week some daily training and a fun Olympic tri on the weekend coming up. Next long event is in 5 weeks so need to recover a bit more then get a couple more 4-5 hour rides in later in the month.
Have a lovely week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy your last week at home TC; and safe travels to your new home!
SLO - you're giving MistressK a run for her money with those pictures. Looks awesome.
Anna - feel better soon
SoCal - nothing special but super-consistent and isn't that what pays off in the long run?
Nia - hope the Oly goes well.

My goals last week were: 5 rides/150 miles, run x 2 (dependent on getting schedule), strength x 2.

I managed the runs and got a thumbs up for pacing consistently. I really feel like I only have one speed so the pacing was more accident than design. No pain (so far) and I've been very good about doing the activation exercises beforehand (harder work than the running). I didn't meet my cycling or strength goals but I did have a good Wednesday night TT on a new-to-me course. It's a road bikes only event and I was anticipating a 40+minute time so was very pleased with my 37:07.

I had a frustrating week in other aspects. I was at a bike rodeo for Jumpstart/the local MODEL project as a cyclist in the community the first couple of days of the week. Later in the week I was there to talk about bike safety and first aid with my emergency responder hat on. Some of the kids were so rude and disrespectful on that latter day that I was really bummed out at the end of it. They had been mostly polite and engaged when I was there on my bike but Thursday was the kind of day where I was glad I had put the wine in the fridge before leaving home in the morning.

This week: run x 2, do the Wednesday night TT on my TT bike, do my first 100+mile ride (and enjoy it!)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 17 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful pictures, SLOgoing -- you're giving me a case of wanderlust.
Happy swimming and healing, Anna.
Good luck with the race, niagirl -- it's steady as it goes for me (or else I end up back on the disabled list)
Scheherazade, sorry about frustrating safety talk but congratulations on the TT and that there's no pain. I do activation exercises and p/rehab too and I always feel like it's harder than the workout.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 17 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bummer about the kids :-(

Quote Reply