Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lady Doctor
Quote | Reply
The next Doctor is announced, and it's the series' first female lead.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WAhChdgGtHA

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap, did you read some of the comments? LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sacrilege. That would be like a female Elvis impersonator. Dr. Who has always been male.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah but she's white so it doesn't count.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could be wrong, but isn't a woman pretending to be something that's a traditionally male role an example of cultural appropriation?

I.
Am.
Outraged.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've been working towards this for awhile. To satisfy a particular segment of their audience, they've carefully set the precedent, over the past couple of seasons, of Time Lords being able to switch genders. It was pretty clear that it would be a woman or a black man.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slightly surprised they didn't just cast a black woman and kill two birds with one stone!

I'm fairly relaxed about it, we've had a dozen male Doctors, some great, some not so great. If a female doctor works well then fantastic. If not then they'll reboot it in a couple of seasons anyway.

Also thought Missy was a great character. Hopefully that bodes well for what they do with a female Doctor.
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I could be wrong, but isn't a woman pretending to be something that's a traditionally male role an example of cultural appropriation?

I.
Am.
Outraged.

You Cis-gendered jackasses make me sick. Why do you hate non-binary people?

Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:

It's amazing that people are pissed about her being a woman and no one mentions that they are breaking the rules- time lords are restricted to 12 regenerations - so Capaldi should have been the last
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Slightly surprised they didn't just cast a black woman and kill two birds with one stone

Trans gendered black/Asian mix married to a Southeast Asian man. They have two adopted children who refuse to disclose their gender.

Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
cartsman wrote:
Slightly surprised they didn't just cast a black woman and kill two birds with one stone

Trans gendered black/Asian mix married to a Southeast Asian man. They have two adopted children who refuse to disclose their gender.

In a wheel chair
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
50+ wrote:

It's amazing that people are pissed about her being a woman and no one mentions that they are breaking the rules- time lords are restricted to 12 regenerations - so Capaldi should have been the last

In The Time of The Doctor, he's granted a new regeneration cycle, which is typically understood to mean he gets a new set of 12 regenerations.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They just suspended filming because she couldn't park the TARDIS.
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how many of you actually watch the show as opposed to just looking for something to get riled up about? Don't like the way it's going? Don't watch it. It's a slightly campy Brit sci-fi show, for crying out loud.

that said i miss Capaldi. Wish he would have done a Dr. Malcolm Tucker for a comedy relief and sign off with Shuttity up and fuckity bye. Michelle Gomez was also fantastic, and I really liked Pearl Mackie.

ChiTownJack wrote:
50+ wrote:

you forgot cap'n grumpy and David Tennant's dismembered hand

WelshinPhilly wrote:
So original, except technically the Doctor never flew the Tardis properly, so it's a moot point.
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

LOL - thanks for that!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Next year, maybe Dora the Explorer will be a French boy, who speaks Spanish, and uses the girls bathroom. Wants wrong with that ??? Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

So original, except technically the Doctor never flew the Tardis properly, so it's a moot point.

Yup, and about the only person who knows how to fly the Tardis properly is another woman, River Song.
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Sacrilege. That would be like a female Elvis impersonator. Dr. Who has always been male.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a fanatcal Whovian, I am excited and happy to have a Doctor with two Dalek Bumps on the front.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Lady Doctor [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
As a fanatcal Whovian, I am excited and happy to have a Doctor with two Dalek Bumps on the front.

also, cue the immature jokes about settings on the sonic screwdriver
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe this will cause some suicides and thin out the nerd herd.
Quote Reply