Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Theory about Trump Jr.
Quote | Reply
On CNN this morning, the host Smerconish made an interesting theory.

He went through the series of e-mails that were addressed to "Donald Trump Jr." with an incendiary subject including the words "Russia - Clinton meeting". Then, another e-mail was disclosed showing that e-mail, with the same subject, was forwarded to Kushner and Mannafort. Then, no more e-mails. He finds it too "clean".

It is a little odd that someone would write a subject line so obvious in such a casual manner. If they did have something explosive and wanted a meeting, why not phone? It is also odd that after the meeting, there were no more follow ups. No thank you to the guy who set it up, no response to say how it went, just silence. No e-mails from Mannafort or Kushner asking questions or even saying they would attend (at least none that I've seen).

It could be that there are more e-mails coming or that they decided to only talk in person but his theory is that this is a set up by the Russians. Could it be that they had compromising information on Trump or Trump Jr., and disclosed these e-mails to the NYTimes. Are they threatening to disclose more?

I tend to believe they decided to avoid using e-mails because of the paper trail but I never thought of it that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I try not to think about Trump or Trump jr on a beautiful Saturday morning. Beautiful day out here... Get out and run the seawall or something!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
his theory is that this is a set up by the Russians.

More likely that this is a set up by the Democrats colluding with the Russians. After all it is the Clintons who have closer ties to the Russians (It was Bill getting 500K for speeches, no the Trumps)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you suggesting that Trump Jr is withholding info from us? Because I have been told that he was completely transparent.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
his theory is that this is a set up by the Russians.

More likely that this is a set up by the Democrats colluding with the Russians. After all it is the Clintons who have closer ties to the Russians (It was Bill getting 500K for speeches, no the Trumps)
So that's what's we'll eventually find on Clinton's server.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should probably check Anthony Wiener' s laptop one more time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a theory, the campaign and the Russians worked together and this is just one aspect. The Trumps sold out the country to get in power and his supporters don't care.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get out and run the seawall or something!

I did a 1.5 hour hike in Stanley Park...much nicer than the seawall.

Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Here's a theory, the campaign and the Russians worked together and this is just one aspect. The Trumps sold out the country to get in power and his supporters don't care.

No, the simplest explanation is never right.
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
They should probably check Anthony Wiener' s laptop one more time.

Heh, heh. You said wiener.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obama let the attorney into the U.S. despite no visa. It was a set up from the beginning.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Obama let the attorney into the U.S. despite no visa. It was a set up from the beginning.

Thank you Sean Hannity jr.
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

Thank you Sean Hannity jr.

Actually I got that from Herman Cain LOL

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obama let the attorney into the U.S. despite no visa.

Trump Jr. said the attorney did not work for the Russian government so why wouldn't she be allowed a visa?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Her's an idea. If Trump Jr. met with someone who said he had truthful information that would damage the Clintons then who gives a fuck who that person is or what his motives were. The truth is the truth.

It certainly is not colluding with an ex-British intelligence agent to create a phony dossier.
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her's an idea. If Trump Jr. met with someone who said he had truthful information that would damage the Clintons then who gives a fuck who that person is or what his motives were. The truth is the truth.

Do you really believe that the Russians would provide damaging information that would help Trump, without asking for anything in return? Do you know anything about Putin?

Did you know that a day or 2 after this meeting, during a Friday speech, Trump announced that on Monday he would make a major announcement outlining links between the Clinton team and Russia. He never made that speech after he would have heard the results of the meeting with Trump Jr.

Also, after that meeting and throughout the summer, Trump kept expressing admiration for Putin. He talked about lifting the sanctions imposed after Russia annexed Crimea, he repeated over and over that he wouldn't defend NATO allies unless they provided more money (another thing Putin would have been elated over).

Also, at the GOP convention in July, the Republican platform was created to keep out a call to provide arms to Ukraine who were fighting pro-Russian separatists.

Anyone who doesn't connect these dots and realize Trump knew full well about the meeting and that the meeting was an attempt to get something from Trump is kidding themselves. This is collusion plain and simple and the attempts by the Trump administration to cover it up are a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Below is a short piece that hits on some realities that should also be part of the common knowledge in this discussion. Look into the sheer amount of connections all our pols at the top have with Russia, and it is shocking. My theory is that courting Russia is like courting a large corporate or financial interest; something that most pols do in the course of their efforts to gain and keep power. (yes, I also think it is potentially more dangerous to do so.)
-
https://patriotpost.us/opinion/50180
-
ps. I saw that the Fusion GPS guy was supposed to testify to a congressional committee this week, but it got dropped..was interested to see what they got out of him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Do you really believe that the Russians would provide damaging information that would help Trump, without asking for anything in return? Do you know anything about Putin?

Did you know that a day or 2 after this meeting, during a Friday speech, Trump announced that on Monday he would make a major announcement outlining links between the Clinton team and Russia. He never made that speech after he would have heard the results of the meeting with Trump Jr.

Also, after that meeting and throughout the summer, Trump kept expressing admiration for Putin. He talked about lifting the sanctions imposed after Russia annexed Crimea, he repeated over and over that he wouldn't defend NATO allies unless they provided more money (another thing Putin would have been elated over).

Also, at the GOP convention in July, the Republican platform was created to keep out a call to provide arms to Ukraine who were fighting pro-Russian separatists.

Anyone who doesn't connect these dots and realize Trump knew full well about the meeting and that the meeting was an attempt to get something from Trump is kidding themselves. This is collusion plain and simple and the attempts by the Trump administration to cover it up are a joke.

Oh, brother. Next you will be babbling about a conspiracy of Jews to take over the world and imploring us to connect the dots, which any sane person could see is a sparse collection of cherry picked facts and coincidences. A similar set of connections could easily be assembled against Clintons with the difference that money from many foreign governments went directly into the Clintons' pockets.

This whole thing is no different than the dry well that was Benghazi.
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My theory is that courting Russia is like courting a large corporate or financial interest; something that most pols do in the course of their efforts to gain and keep power.

I wasn't aware of the visa issue over the Russian lawyer and I hope the investigation of ties to Russia also includes the Obama administration and Clinton. The issue is the extent Russia is involved in the elections, not if it is just the Trump administration or Obama administration. If it continues, it will impact both parties. Putin has to be stopped and this isn't a partisan issue. Trump's lack of knowledge of Russia is scary and he is doing a lot of damage.

I read the book "Red Notice" by Bill Browder and that was the first time I heard of the Magnitsky Act. Browder was the founder of Hermitage Capital and was a big investor in Russia. He was accused by the Russians of being a "threat to national security" (the same excuse all governments use when they have something to hide) because he started uncovering large scale corruption and tax evasion. They raided his offices, seized assets and essentially tried to intimidate him and shut down his company, while keeping his assets of course. One of the lawyers working for Hermitage was Sergei Magnitsky and he was charged with the tax evasion, the same charge he was investigating. (Aside - this is typical of what happens in Russia. They charge you with the same thing they are doing wrong. When Putin recently offered to sign a cyber-security deal with Trump, I was reminded of that story in the book because it is right in Putin's playbook. They do something illegal, and then try to accuse you of doing the same thing or in this case, make a deal with you to prevent you from doing the same thing. Trump fell for that one hook, line and sinker and shows he is out of his league when dealing with Russia).

Anyway, Magnitsky ended up dying in prison (he was beaten to death) and from that Browder worked with U.S Congress to try and punish the Russians. Putin was outraged and has been trying to overturn this ruling ever since. The Act essentially banned some high profile Russians from entering the U.S and a lot of their overseas assets were frozen.

Interestingly, the person in the U.S most responsible for the passing of the Magnitsky Act was John McCain. He was the only Senator or Rep that Browder was able to convince to do something and it was Browder, with McCain's help, that eventually got it passed. McCain deserves a lot of credit and it really changed my mind about him. When McCain stands up and denounces some of the things going on between the Trump administration and Russia, there is very good reason for it.

When I read some of the comments here that this whole issue is simply because Democrats are upset about losing the election, or that they should just get over it, I shake my head. Those people have not been paying attention. This relationship with Trump and Russia is evidence of collusion and I think maybe the start of legitimate grounds to have him impeached. There may also be some serious charges for people in the Obama administration and the Clintons if they were also involved in accepting money.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 15, 17 17:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read the book "Red Notice" by Bill Browder and that was the first time I heard of the Magnitsky Act.

Excellent podcast by Planet Money on same subject. http://www.npr.org/sections/money/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Do you think Putin was asking for a return of all that money the Russians paid Bill Clinton in "speaking fees"?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
It would be one thing if Joe the Plumber had some dirt on a candidate that he had gotten through legal means.

However, it's different when a foreign national from a hostile country volunteers to provide damaging information on a candidate in an attempt to influence a US election. Throw in the evidence that Russia was conducting illegal hacking and it's definitely different.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Theory about Trump Jr. [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh well, that's 5 minutes of my life spent reading this that I'll never get back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think Putin was asking for a return of all that money the Russians paid Bill Clinton in "speaking fees"?

Bill Clinton is not the President. Hilary Clinton is not the President. Obama is not the President. You keep talking about how your man won, so why can't you just accept it? Time to move on from the Clinton's and Obama.

The Russians are looking to influence the President, someone who can actually do something for them.

Not sure why that is so difficult to understand.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 15, 17 21:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Bill Clinton is not the President. Hilary Clinton is not the President. Obama is not the President. You keep talking about how your man won, so why can't you just accept it? Time to move on from the Clinton's and Obama.

The Russians are looking to influence the President, someone who can actually do something for them.

Not sure why that is so difficult to understand.

Because they are brainwashed..or get russian kaviar...or have a russian hooker, or are employed/bought by Trump, or the Russians.

Must be something like that, or maybe they are aliens?
Quote Reply

Prev Next