Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Travelers (Netflix)
Quote | Reply
Anyone watching Travelers on Netflix? There is one full season so far, which I finished the other night. Huge cliffhanger at the end.

Premise: In the future, time travel has been developed, but with certain limitations. Rather than the entire person going back in time, only the consciousness of the person travels. "The Director" is in charge of time travel. Using historical records, the Director knows when people in the 21st century die. Just before the time of death, the consciousness of the future person is transferred to the body of the person in the 21st century. There are certain directives for Travelers, including the fact that they must continue the life of the 21st century person they inhabit. Plus, they must carry out missions to prevent disasters in the 21st century that cause huge devastation in the future.

It makes for an interesting story b/c the Travelers are sent in "teams" to carry out missions, but must continue the lives of their hosts. The series focuses on the following team:

Leader - enters the body of a married FBI Agent.
Doctor - enters the body of a developmentally disabled young woman.
Historian - enters the body of a college-age male who is a heroin addict.
Tech - enters the body of a male high school football player.
Weapons - enters the body of a single mother.

Anyone else watching?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Travelers (Netflix) [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched Season 1. Apparently in Canada (it was a Early Spring show) we had it awhile back. Glad to hear that Netflix has picked it up as well. I liked it a lot, but I feel it is one of those shows that could so easily be cancelled. I certainly hope for season 2.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Travelers (Netflix) [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. They make is seem like it was created by Netflix, but that does not appear to be true if it was on Canadian t.v. I am hoping by being on Netflix it means Netflix has picked it up and will be making a Season 2. Not the best series I have watched, but quite entertaining.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Interesting. They make is seem like it was created by Netflix, but that does not appear to be true if it was on Canadian t.v. I am hoping by being on Netflix it means Netflix has picked it up and will be making a Season 2. Not the best series I have watched, but quite entertaining.

I watched the first season as well and thought it was okay. There is a Season 2 scheduled.

http://deadline.com/...ccormack-1201904918/

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So apparently it was released last October in Canada. My how time flies. Glad there will be a season 2. Looks like a joint venture. Anyway, it has a lot of potential I think.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I just found this show by accident and binged the 3 seasons. I thought it was brilliant, real science fiction, without the fantasy element. Did you all here finish up with the other 2 seasons? I loved how it ended too, left it wide open for another few seasons. It would be fun to have a few shows on how everyone is doing on their timelines, that original 21st century one was about to go bonkers. Maybe start another season with the new timeline where 001 is never sent, and our FBI guy begins a brand new one??

Anyway, glad some of you found this, I will look for some more in the old archives here..
Quote Reply
Re: Travelers (Netflix) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Quantum Leap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. Watched all of it. I really like the series. Interesting new twist on time travel.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, most time travel stories focus on the butterfly affect, small changes can have huge consequences in the future. This series goes totally opposite, make huge changes, and it is really hard to move the future. Like there is a pull of history to a certain outcome, regardless of the big events that lead up to that time..

I do love that AI is in charge and calling all the shots, and the human decision makers(the faction) are the bad guys..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks to be canceled. for those that have seen all 3 seasons did they end the show in good fashion?
Quote Reply
Re: Travelers (Netflix) [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually they did end it very well, closed up all the loose ends of the 3 seasons, while leaving a nice opening for a continuation too. Too bad they are done, I really like the show..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched all 3 seasons, I really like this show. I can say that it excited me from the first season. Very dynamic series with beautiful and experienced actors. Everything, from locations to household items, is chosen professionally and with "soul." It is felt that the series was not just filmed quickly, but on the contrary, every little thing was thought out. Even the clothes of the heroes never looked inappropriate, reflecting their lifestyle. Anyway, this one was one of my favorite show.
Quote Reply