Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Like Trump, like lawyer
Quote | Reply

Except, of course, that Mr. Kasowitz actually owned up to his poor behavior and judgment.

Can a lawyer be sanctioned for making terroristic threats?
Quote:
Mr. Kasowitz responded with four obscenity-laced emails in 33 minutes, according to ProPublica. He gave a phone number, demanded that the man call him and told him to “watch his back.”

“I already know where you live, I’m on you,” the last email said. “You will see me. I promise.”

ProPublica said the man was so unnerved by the threat that he contacted the F.B.I.

Mr. Sitrick said on Thursday that Mr. Kasowitz intended to apologize to the email writer. “While no excuse, the email came at the end of a very long day that at 10 p.m. was not yet over,” Mr. Sitrick said.

He quoted Mr. Kasowitz as saying, “The person sending that email is entitled to his opinion, and I should not have responded in that inappropriate manner.” Mr. Kasowitz added, “This is one of those times where one wishes he could reverse the clock, but of course I can’t.”

https://www.nytimes.com/...il-trump-lawyer.html

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Except, of course, that Mr. Kasowitz actually owned up to his poor behavior and judgment.

Can a lawyer be sanctioned for making terroristic threats?
Quote:
Mr. Kasowitz responded with four obscenity-laced emails in 33 minutes, according to ProPublica. He gave a phone number, demanded that the man call him and told him to “watch his back.”

“I already know where you live, I’m on you,” the last email said. “You will see me. I promise.”

ProPublica said the man was so unnerved by the threat that he contacted the F.B.I.

Mr. Sitrick said on Thursday that Mr. Kasowitz intended to apologize to the email writer. “While no excuse, the email came at the end of a very long day that at 10 p.m. was not yet over,” Mr. Sitrick said.

He quoted Mr. Kasowitz as saying, “The person sending that email is entitled to his opinion, and I should not have responded in that inappropriate manner.” Mr. Kasowitz added, “This is one of those times where one wishes he could reverse the clock, but of course I can’t.”

https://www.nytimes.com/...il-trump-lawyer.html

Possibilities:

A) He's still a drunk and was lit up.

B) He is too stupid or arrogant for words? Could be arrogant...I doubt he's stupid.

C) He's looking for a way to excuse himself from representing Trump on this issue and so he created his own excuse to hit the exit.

Others?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's gonna be a long four years for you. bro.

Edit to add: It's a bit odd, being old enough to habitually double space after punctuation, and referring to someone as "Bro."

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jul 14, 17 6:04
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

I have to give a lot of the anti-Trumpers credit for their remarkable endurance. Based on the initial levels of outrage, I figured there was no way that they could keep that pace much beyond inauguration day... but, here we are.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Edit to add: It's a bit odd, being old enough to habitually double space after punctuation, and referring to someone as "Bro."

I keep trying to debate whether you should or should not double space. I like the break between sentences. It helps me skim and read faster. Thesmallerthebreakstheharderitistoreadquickly.WithoutthatextraspaceIcan'tseewhereyoustartedanewthought.

ETA - I also am not sure I have ever used bro in a sentence. So there is that too.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jul 14, 17 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was loaded. Distilled to his gills. Three sheets to the wind. Snookered. Hammered. Slammed.

That is the words of a drunk man.
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you really surprised that he is that hated? The hate for a president never dies out.
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Possibilities:

A) He's still a drunk and was lit up.

B) He is too stupid or arrogant for words? Could be arrogant...I doubt he's stupid.

C) He's looking for a way to excuse himself from representing Trump on this issue and so he created his own excuse to hit the exit.

Others?

He's a thug and used to getting his way.

In that way, he's nothing like Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have a hard time distinguishing between sentences without extra spaces being added in between?

You must be old, bro.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
sphere wrote:

I keep trying to debate whether you should or should not double space. I like the break between sentences. It helps me skim and read faster. Thesmallerthebreakstheharderitistoreadquickly.WithoutthatextraspaceIcan'tseewhereyoustartedanewthought.

ETA - I also am not sure I have ever used bro in a sentence. So there is that too.

My grammar Nazi cousin (and my not-so-much wife) are trying to convince me to forego the extra space. I'll take it into advisement.

I did nail my wife on an Oxford comma error lately, though.

Never called anyone "bro," not even one of my real brothers.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
You have a hard time distinguishing between sentences without extra spaces being added in between?

You must be old, bro.

I generally only read about every 4th sentence. Breaks help. And my bi-focal contacts really helped.

Now stop being so damn lazy and hit the space bar twice. Fucking kids.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Is that like The Liberator, but for nerds?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:

Is that like The Liberator, but for nerds?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you people find out about this stuff?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FTW!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep trying to debate whether you should or should not double space. I like the break between sentences. It helps me skim and read faster.

I learned to read and write Thai and one of the difficulties, other than learning a new alphabet (with 44 consonants, 24 vowels and tone marks) is that there are no spaces between letters. The places of vowels can also be in front, above, below or to the right of a consonant so not having a space means it is difficult to determine if the vowel is the end of a word or the beginning of the next.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But Obama/Clinton...There I said it so we can get that out of the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you mean 'you people'? #slowtwitchLRlivesmatterbitch
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean 'you people'?

Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
He was loaded. Distilled to his gills. Three sheets to the wind. Snookered. Hammered. Slammed.

Tight, is an oldie but goody.
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
sphere wrote:

I have to give a lot of the anti-Trumpers credit for their remarkable endurance. Based on the initial levels of outrage, I figured there was no way that they could keep that pace much beyond inauguration day... but, here we are.

Not hard to do when you have a president that continually pours gas on the fire.
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tight! Excellent. Tall is also a great oldie
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
What do you mean 'you people'?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The words "Moisture-Proof Liner". Gross.
Quote Reply
Re: Like Trump, like lawyer [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"T.I.T., tight" said in hammered voice. Had a friend that always said he was going to get TIT, tight tonight.
Quote Reply

Prev Next