Prev Next
Hey wait, where's dufman
Quote | Reply
Is it my imagination, or is he absent?

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's been lurking but not posting. Vitus is silent. Rodred disappeared. Others seem to have disappeared or muted a bit.

It's like a weird pre-storm sensation here lately -- quiet with no birds chirping, barely a refreshing breeze. We're about to get pummeled.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
He's been lurking but not posting. Vitus is silent. Rodred disappeared. Others seem to have disappeared or muted a bit.

It's like a weird pre-storm sensation here lately -- quiet with no birds chirping, barely a refreshing breeze. We're about to get pummeled.
oh ya for sure, duf must be driving his wife nutz

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:

Duffy has apparently been changing his username and going through deleting all his posts from the forum. Not sure why, but it has been suggested he had some sort of issue outside the forum or with another poster that has basically made him quit and get rid of anything he wrote.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

Duffy has apparently been changing his username and going through deleting all his posts from the forum. Not sure why, but it has been suggested he had some sort of issue outside the forum or with another poster that has basically made him quit and get rid of anything he wrote.

The Forge?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

The Forge?

i'm gonna guess the person who felt threatened by the forge.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BK disappears and Duffy shows up.
Duffy disappears and BK returns.
Coincidece?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Come to think of it, I've never seen BK and Duffy together...
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

The Forge?

Seems far-fetched. What would that scenario look like?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
Madduck wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

The Forge?

People just like to make shit up

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
You know, there is an actual poster called duffman. I haven't seen him on here in a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

Pure speculation on my part. But if I had to make a guess, it probably has something to do with his last exchange with Dave Lusan. It did get pretty fugly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea what the situation is. I just hope all is well with Duffy. For all I disagreed with him on and for all he seemed over the top about and at times out of line, internet characters are weird & I'm sure he's a good dude in real life. It's not quite the same around here without his certain Duffy spice.

slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:

There have been a couple of good south swells lately hitting SoCal, maybe he's out at Lowers catching waves instead of spending time online.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 "I have no idea what the situation is. I just hope all is well with Duffy. For all I disagreed with him on and for all he seemed over the top about and at times out of line, internet characters are weird & I'm sure he's a good dude in real life. It's not quite the same around here without his certain Duffy spice."

This ^

I was finally finished grieving the loss of The Forge. I then head to 'Merica for a couple of weeks of vacation. Arrive home, and note the LR room has a major piece of furniture missing. To be honest, I often came here just to read Duffy's latest observations about things in the world and found that 99% of them were spot on. I don't have 1st Amendment rights, (I'll get them back in 82 working days) so I could often count on Duffy to post replies to people on here that were nearly identical to what I was thinking. I just had to wait a bit for him to get his button pushed sometimes.

Like the rest, I wish him well. IMHO, Duffy really was the centerpiece of the LR. I agree with Midwest...this place is not the same without Duffy.

Duffy, I hope you are okay bro!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whilst i agree with the sentiments about duffy

Art franke was a legend and the forum survived his, and BK (the first times) loss

It will survive others

Though i think its a shame as he was often funny
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
Madduck wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

The Forge?

I do find it odd that the first thread about this subject was deleted by Dan. It was the thread where it was discussed what legitimate reasons there would be for Dan to delete a persons user history. That does give me pause and hope all is well.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Come to think of it, I've never seen BK and Duffy together...

There are photos . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

Speaking of which, did we lose the advanced search function that allowed you to search for all posts by a specific user?

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half the reason I came to this site was to see what Duffy said. I have a friend who has never been to the site but will text and ask if there are any new Duffy stories. I'll screenshot a page and send to her for laughs. I echo the sentiments that I hope all is well!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
schroeder wrote:
Madduck wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

The Forge?

I do find it odd that the first thread about this subject was deleted by Dan. It was the thread where it was discussed what legitimate reasons there would be for Dan to delete a persons user history. That does give me pause and hope all is well.

And there you have it. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that our beloved Duffy stepped over Dan's line, whatever that is. I'd also bet that it is Dan deleting Duffy's posts, not the Duffy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
schroeder wrote:
Madduck wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

The Forge?

And there you have it. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that our beloved Duffy stepped over Dan's line, whatever that is. I'd also bet that it is Dan deleting Duffy's posts, not the Duffy.

Dan doesn't delete threads and users like that, and there have been many posters who crossed way more lines than Duffy. Duffy was just a dabbler compared to some of the idiots we've had here over the years.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, look in your crystal ball then and tell us why Dan deleted the first thread we had on this topic? It appears there's a bit more to Duffy's disappearance than Duffy simply taking a break.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah, I'm not seeing it. After however many years here (going back pre-Duffy), I'd say the likelihood of Duffy trying to pull a more elaborate 'Hey look ~ I went away, do you miss me yet?' gambit is easily greater than Dan going that far out of his way to conduct some sort of vendetta-purge. Duffy's clearly been an attention whore as far back as he's been here, while Dan has been awfully laissez-faire about a lot of past user transgressions (as Slowguy noted).
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That very well could be. Hopefully we'll find out some day.
Quote Reply

Prev Next