Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [gord] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ouch! that hurts. Individual investors take huge risks IMHO, so when they do hit pay dirt, I don't get envious.

The design seems better suited to a niche market.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [Craigster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Craigster wrote:
Saw this thread again and started dreaming of the days with my Kestrel 500 SCI and my Softride (had them both). Picture of my custom painted by John Cobb circa 1999?

It also had my short lived experiment with a Mavic Mektronic setup which was the smoothest shifting I ever had.

Craig Preston
President | Preston Presentations

Helping people be present more effectively

This looks very like the one I flew to from the UK to the West Coast to pick up. If it is, you'll be glad to hear it's still going strong, but is now with me in Christchurch, New Zealand. Quite a traveller!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev,
I know that this post is about 3 years old but I happened to see one in Ottawa for sale on Kijiji here is the link

http://m.kijiji.ca/road-bike/ottawa/softride-tt-classic-triathlon-road-bike/v?adId=1106258621&ck=CK&from=Search&ts=1445528462762

Good luck!

Norm
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [DamonHenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DH - just bought a Rocket and looking for a custom seat post way taller than standard. Could you pass on details so that I can order one of these? Realise that I am 15 years slow to the party!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [ian moone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still have 2 power V's. One 650 and the original 700 ironman bike red and yellow. Might sell them
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [Lasagnaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Softride made a Hijacker seatpost a bit taller than the standard Rocket seatpost. To get more height than that requires fabrication by you or someone. My prototype, seven years ago was wood. Final seatposts were carbon fiber. Now, I'd 3D print a prototype, then have it made on a CNC machine.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good old Richter pass! I used to work for Softride and am strongly considering building up a roadWing for next season, could be fun! Am I nuts? Perhaps, but I still believe the bike is fast and would look sweet with Etap!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can always have a new one - completely new
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [DamonHenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon - do you still have that high rise carbon fibre seat clamp? and do you know where I can get one? Looking to resuscitate a Rocket!

Jeremy
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [Lasagnaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Softride made two versions of Highjacker seatposts that get a couple inches of height. My super tall seat post was self made. First, I made a prototype from wood. When I got the fit I wanted, I then made carbon fiber versions. Great journey.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple, my old powerwing that I used for triathlons has been converted to road bike just because you don't see them anymore and they still stand out from what everyone else is riding. I do however have a brand new, never built up, baby blue TT7 in a bike box that deserves to be built up & ridden!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [donhensley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still use my Road Rocket with 165 cranks and Syntace C-3 aero bars for our weekly crits. It corners quite well. I hardly ever use the aero bars in crits though.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, since this is a Softride thread, does anyone have a link to some instructions or diagrams related to re-installing the beam?

I very recently bought a used Softride Classic TT frame and am in the process of restoring it with some old parts I have lying around. It was very unhelpfully shipped with the beam removed, and I want to put it back on properly.

It looks like the beam attaches in front to the frame with a screw that is held in place with a pin. Is the proper procedure to hammer out the pin, screw the screw thingy (technical term) back into the beam, then attach the beam back to the frame? I tried tapping on the crosswise pin but it did not budge. I am leary of using too much force here.

There is also an eccentric that attaches further back to the beam, but it looks obvious how that attaches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got done with mine as a birthday present to myself and got it out today on my birthday for its maiden voyage.
Last edited by: raceboy: Feb 19, 17 22:09
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw this on my facebook feed........hmmmmm
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that looks safe, what could go wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgot how to embed the pic in the post but yeah I've never seen any aerobatic setup like that lol.....I think it definitely deserves some recognition
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Brian Francis of Michigan averaging 28mph.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There you go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [ironturtle76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:

Brian Francis of Michigan averaging 28mph.

wow - that guy's seat angle looks like it's past 90 degrees!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Who is still riding a Softride? [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I found it too tacky si it has undergone a few changes. Now it's ready to race en IM
[url=http://www.hiboox.fr/...6a80edb68e2.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spotted at a local race today, thought of you guys ...

WD :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next