Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep Bikerite should know ... again with my DI2 i never had false shifting
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That thing is awesome. Now I need to come up with rear for spare tubular and extra bottle for IM
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use clincher and pack the tube in the fuelcell and use the fuelselage for drinking.
The BTA is just for changing bottles and therefore i have a clean rear without bottles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
That thing is awesome. Now I need to come up with rear for spare tubular and extra bottle for IM

Nice bike you didnt by chance do IMOH70.3 last year?

Check out the pic of my BTS set up. I have a tubular on there with one water bottle along with inflator and CO2 cartridges. I have the Sitero with Xlab multi-strike and a single gorilla cage. For IMMD I only used the three water bottles plus course water to mix worked great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
Just Got ETAP, love it. Set up is clean, and front end has nothing wasted for wind to hit.
I debated 1X, ended up with 2X, glad, as I shift way more now than ever before.

How did you mount the blip box?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mlyonsdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Etap is next on my hit list for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Etap is next on my hit list :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Zipp bar has a Garmin mount, which I use. I have a Bta that cover it. I will post pictures if interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did, how would you know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mlyonsdc wrote:
CJAC wrote:
Just Got ETAP, love it. Set up is clean, and front end has nothing wasted for wind to hit.
I debated 1X, ended up with 2X, glad, as I shift way more now than ever before.

How did you mount the blip box?

I used this:

https://k-edge.com/...e-garmin-stem-mount/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
I did, how would you know

lol, I remember seeing it in transition it caught my eye with the Zipp aero bar and I love the matte black with gloss black Sworks lettering. Not to mention there are not to many XL framesets with the seat post that high. I fit my buddy on a large Shiv and he is 6'5"!

You doing Ohio again this year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just went from medium frame to small since when they recalled the aero bars, nothing fit. Plus I got sweet new colours.

https://www.reddit.com/...comments/6eqxw5/nbd/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

CJAC wrote:
The Zipp bar has a Garmin mount, which I use. I have a Bta that cover it. I will post pictures if interested.
Last edited by: CJAC: Jun 29, 17 18:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I'm leaning towards it, even though it won't be wetsuit legal, and I suck at swimming.

What about you?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Mike Alexander [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Mike Alexander: Jun 30, 17 15:32
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do wonder how well an optimised shiv like this would do in the tunnel after seeing the aero shootout test results. Must get pretty close with the right bars and tririg brake. Very nice looking ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [akiller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody knows why the Shiv wasn't included in the aero shootout? It seems to be one of the more popular frames out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dembo wrote:
Does anybody knows why the Shiv wasn't included in the aero shootout? It seems to be one of the more popular frames out there.

there seems to be a lot of people on ST who can't stand the SHIV. Perhaps that is the reason, or the fact that Specialized is quick on the lawsuit trigger. BTW....I ride a SHIV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
Dembo wrote:

there seems to be a lot of people on ST who can't stand the SHIV. Perhaps that is the reason, or the fact that Specialized is quick on the lawsuit trigger. BTW....I ride a SHIV.
I ride a shiv too. This bike is getting no love around here. No idea why. Probably because it is "old" and people suspect it will soon be replaced by something new and shiny.

I love this bike other than the low stack kit we were forced to switch to after aerobars were recalled. That was not cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
Dembo wrote:

I ride a shiv too. This bike is getting no love around here. No idea why. Probably because it is "old" and people suspect it will soon be replaced by something new and shiny.

I love this bike other than the low stack kit we were forced to switch to after aerobars were recalled. That was not cool.

Don't get it either....especially when it is part of this effort:

http://www.triathlete.com/...record-brazil_302147
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to chime in and say exactly that: it didn't seem to slow down Tim Don in Brazil. Also, it didn't seem to slow down Ben Hoffman at IMSA earlier this year.

I've done some field testing and I have some apples/oranges data from my trip to A2 earlier this year comparing my Shiv to my Speed Concept. I plan to go back to A2 sometime this fall and do some apples/apples testing. I really like my Shiv. It's a great long-course bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh boy, I was totally unaware about the big bag of history I bought together with my Shiv...

Anyway, so far I am really happy with it and the XL frame could be adapted to me - not the other way around.

And since I live in Frankfurt: Let me assure you: There are a ton of Shivs riding around town at the moment.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Mike Alexander [ In reply to ]

Prev Next