https://www.recoverysystemssport.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [RecoverySystems] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RecoverySystems wrote:
For some great value recovery boots, check out ours:

https://www.recoverysystemssport.com/products/pt1002-digital-controller

https://www.recoverysystemssport.com/

Yeah but that is $500 more than the exact same Recovery Reboot system.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greenlawnracing wrote:
Wife must really love me as she bought me a pair for my bday. Been fine so far for a few weeks.

Taking them in my carry on has been interesting. I finally learned to take them out at security.

What are you guys using as far as a case?

Did you ever sort out a case for your Air Relax? If so what are you using? I did get final confirmation that *official* cases are coming sometime in August. Could get delayed by customs/dock workers of course always but that is the timeline for now.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:
Wife must really love me as she bought me a pair for my bday. Been fine so far for a few weeks.

Taking them in my carry on has been interesting. I finally learned to take them out at security.

Did you ever sort out a case for your Air Relax? If so what are you using? I did get final confirmation that *official* cases are coming sometime in August. Could get delayed by customs/dock workers of course always but that is the timeline for now.

Did not - please let me know when they are available!

Any idea on price?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
greenlawnracing wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:

Any idea on price?
I didn't even think to ask but I will.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:

Any idea on price?

Tell them not to do the crazy Normatec pricing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
greenlawnracing wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:

Any idea on price?

Tell them not to do the crazy Normatec pricing!

Was quoted $65-$75 with final determination based on import costs. Have a Happy 4th of July.

Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My opinion.... I purchased to air relax and returned them within a day. yes they are 400 dollars and way cheaper but they function like 400 dollar recovery boots. The unit itself is not the same, the features are different, it only gives 15min session and the compression does NOT feel remotely the same. You can get a pair of normatecs at a half or full ironman for a grand. For me, the extra 600 dollars was worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mtstanek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtstanek wrote:
My opinion.... I purchased to air relax and returned them within a day. yes they are 400 dollars and way cheaper but they function like 400 dollar recovery boots. The unit itself is not the same, the features are different, it only gives 15min session and the compression does NOT feel remotely the same. You can get a pair of normatecs at a half or full ironman for a grand. For me, the extra 600 dollars was worth it.

If you are using boots for how they "feel" that is the wrong the approach IMHO . It isn't how they feel it is what they DO that matters.

As an emergency physician you should be somewhat familiar with the fact that there are some hoops and hurdles for being a FDA Class II Medical Device. My suspicion is the Class II Medical Device cert drives the 15 min session but it takes a 1/4 of a second to start another session and it really isn't an issue unless you happen to be one of the people with a very specific "use case". That "use case" is those that wish to fall asleep in the boots.

You have to remember too that when this thread started the Normatec was priced quite a bit higher. They were $1695. Now everyone can get Normatec for $1395 with the $100 coupon that is always floating around. In addition, I am not aware of Normatec being sold for the price you stated unless you are referring to the used demo boots that they sometimes sell. They aren't supposed to be selling new boots at that as then their dealers would be pissed. I am also not sure if the warranty applies in that case either, I need to check on that.

I can say as someone who switches, everyday, which boots he uses, I have no plans to discontinue switching. While the gap between the two is closing there is still a huge price difference. I talk to many users of boots who love Air Relax. Trying a pair for a day is NOT a test. It sounds like you might have significant bias to start with. In college I ate Qdobe at least 4-5x times a week. When I moved to Minneapolis there was a Chipotle across the street. At first I didn't think it was that great. I had significant bias in favor of Qdoba. Slowly but surely Chipotle grew on me. It grew on me so much that I would never choose Qdoba over Chipotle now. Although, I know it is too late now, I would have suggested using Air Relax for a month and then forming an opinion. A day is simply not long enough and I wonder if there is a break-in period for the boots as well.

Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Jul 2, 17 18:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shit gerlach you have a lot of time on your hands. NormaTecs for the win!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Air Relax is the smart choice!
Last edited by: TJ56: Jul 2, 17 17:43
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm very happy with Air Relax.... I use them after a few sessions of GameReady on my knees.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have been very happy with my air relax boots...def worth the price and the level 3-4 compression is quite intense. paid 325 on amazon. good value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mtstanek wrote:
Holy shit gerlach you have a lot of time on your hands. NormaTecs for the win!!

Always too much time on my hands :)

Btw, you never responded. I guess I didn't really phrase it as a direct question in my previous reply but do you know if the pair of boots you got from the expo used or new? And do you know if they still come with the warranty? If so are the warranty terms changed at all?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are the "demo boots" for the weekend that you are purchasing for a thousand (if you purchase them the first day of the expo they are never used). And yes, they do come with the warranty to the best of my knowledge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the follow-up. I'll have to keep a note on that as a good way to score a deal. Interesting loop hole but I assume you surely have to pay tax in that situation as well. And yes I realize that you have to pay the tax regardless with internet purchases but the reality is very few do and is a selling point to some. Is it $1,000 out the door or $1,000 plus tax?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[snip]

I won't post a link since I don't want to spam the board with my first post.

[moderator: good. thank you.]
Last edited by: Slowman: Jul 18, 17 17:25
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
charlietris wrote:
i have been very happy with my air relax boots...def worth the price and the level 3-4 compression is quite intense. paid 325 on amazon. good value.
Did you get them new or used for that price? If so, may I ask how? (Special deal, coupon code, etc)
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [140.6sj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i bought the boots new on amazon.com, no coupon or anything. imlp is coming up and my legs have been feeling great:)
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [140.6sj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140.6sj wrote:
charlietris wrote:

Did you get them new or used for that price? If so, may I ask how? (Special deal, coupon code, etc)

The dark boots are more expensive than the orange. Not sure which ones CharlieTris got, but the price is pretty much the price these days. I know that AirRelax has a bunch of dealers out there but they started getting serious about controlling the price and don't let the Air Relax boots sold by dealers for less than $375. OrangeTreeTrade on Amazon is the official US Distributor. You can save a few bucks purchasing direct off their website with the code in my signature line below. If you have any other questions, happy to answer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont remember what I got them for... 20% off is all I remember. Left them in my cart at Air Relax and got a coupon code the next day... that tactic didn't work for Roka :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
I dont remember what I got them for... 20% off is all I remember. Left them in my cart at Air Relax and got a coupon code the next day... that tactic didn't work for Roka :(

Sizing on these things: What size did any/everyone get on the Air relax? I'm 5'11" (and .75), so almost 6'. 32-34" inseam for jeans. Size 3 "says" it'll work...but should I just step up and get 4 since they size small?
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Sizing on these things: What size did any/everyone get on the Air relax? I'm 5'11" (and .75), so almost 6'. 32-34" inseam for jeans. Size 3 "says" it'll work...but should I just step up and get 4 since they size small?

I wouldn't hesitate to step up to size 4. I really need to do a side-by-side shot, but basically size 4 is just a tad longer than the regular Normatec boots.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I did replicate your experience. Just got the email now but it was only 5% although I did have a couple of pairs of boots in my cart, not sure if that matters or not. Curious when you bought your boots - if you can check the date I would appreciate it.

Quote Reply

Prev Next