Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'll be in OBX July 1st-8th in need of a swimming spot!
Quote | Reply
I'll be in OBX July 1st-8th in need of a swimming spot! I will have my bike, and obviously my running stuff. Could just swim at the beach, but would rather lock in a location I know I could get solid laps at, for better training. If you live there, or know of somewhere I could go, please let me know!

If anyone will be there that time too, and wants to join me, let's set it up! My swims are 1:35/100m and bike roughly 21mph/60mi run is pretty slow, 8:30/mi -10mi

440-413-352nine

-Christopher

Quote Reply
Re: I'll be in OBX July 1st-8th in need of a swimming spot! [amanwithnoname] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spend about a month down there every year and will be doing the 70.3 down there in September this year. For a pool there is the YMCA that you can get day passes to in Kitty Hawk. There is what they call the old swimming hole on the sound on the mantio side back by the airport. They also have training days down there .Reach Out two trisports down there and there's a pretty accomplished triathlete down there I can't think of his name but he's the chef at a place called The Bonzer Shack. If there's other places they can hook you up
Quote Reply
Re: I'll be in OBX July 1st-8th in need of a swimming spot! [amanwithnoname] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amanwithnoname wrote:
I'll be in OBX July 1st-8th in need of a swimming spot! I will have my bike, and obviously my running stuff. Could just swim at the beach, but would rather lock in a location I know I could get solid laps at, for better training. If you live there, or know of somewhere I could go, please let me know!

I used to go there on family family vacations. Look up Outer Banks YMCA, located in Nags Head. Also, some resort type developments, depending on where you are staying, have pools as well like Nags Head Village, Cerrituck Club, Sanderling, Corolla.

If anyone will be there that time too, and wants to join me, let's set it up! My swims are 1:35/100m and bike roughly 21mph/60mi run is pretty slow, 8:30/mi -10mi

440-413-352nine

-Christopher

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's info on the YMCA and their summer guest programs.
http://www.ymcashr.org/...s/pages/guest-policy

Try contacting the folks who put on the Outer Banks Triathlons. They'll probably know about the training swims/tri clubs, etc
http://www.outerbankstriathlon.com/

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: I'll be in OBX July 1st-8th in need of a swimming spot! [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STConcierge wrote:
Here's info on the YMCA and their summer guest programs.
http://www.ymcashr.org/...s/pages/guest-policy

Try contacting the folks who put on the Outer Banks Triathlons. They'll probably know about the training swims/tri clubs, etc
http://www.outerbankstriathlon.com/

The people who put on the event themselves I wouldn't waste your time with. Ask the lady that runs trisports down there or the dude that's the chef at the Bonzer Shack way better info
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Missing you by a week. Will be in Manteo from 6/24-7/1, also looking for any open water swim "meet ups." Going to the OBX YMCA is my fall back option.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: I'll be in OBX July 1st-8th in need of a swimming spot! [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any of you slowtwitchers out there doing the Outer Banks 70.3 in September??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YMCA pool in nags head is the only pool to swim laps at

OBX tri group facebook page here
Quote Reply
Re: I'll be in OBX July 1st-8th in need of a swimming spot! [trifantasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thank you to everyone for the information, and opinions! I really appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There used to be a group that met at the Food Lion every morning at Southern Shores at 5:30AM. That was a couple years ago since I've vacationed at the OBX, so not sure if they still do it or not... but we hit the beach road at 5:30AM in a paceline doing 30+mph out of the blocks. They chilled out a little, but it was a fast ride. Best riding times seemed to be early before the traffic go going.

I think this is the route we rode: https://outerbanksbicycle.com/...route_type=road-bike

Otherwise I swim in the ocean when I'm at the beach. Depends on where you're staying, some communities have pools.. Corolla, Currituck Club, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: I'll be in OBX July 1st-8th in need of a swimming spot! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it last year. Pretty solid race.

If you have any specific questions lmk, email is in my profile

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jun 20, 17 8:32
Quote Reply