Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman swimskin and trisuit rules
Quote | Reply
From ironman.com:

'Effective September 1, 2010, all swimwear/speedsuits at Ironman and Ironman 70.3 events MUST be comprised of 100% textile material such as nylon or lycra and may not include rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene. Swimwear/speedsuits may NOT cover the neck or extend past the shoulders or knees. Swimwear/speedsuits may contain a zipper. A race kit or trisuit may be worn underneath swimwear/speedsuits.'

Excuse my ignorance, but does that mean that one could wear a sleeved trisuit/top (which extends past the shoulders) under a legal speedsuit? I am racing in Malaysia and the swim will def be non wetsuit legal.

Hopefully I am explaining myself clearly enough!
Last edited by: Pmswanepoel: Jun 19, 17 5:47
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman swimskin and trisuit rules [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can wear this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found this -as part of an interview with Jimmy Riccitello:

'Finally, the swimwear rule has been changed. During non-wetsuit swims, swimwear sleeves, or race kits worn under sleeveless swimwear, may now extend from shoulders to elbows.'

This therefore seems to confirm that one could 'get away with' wearing a swim skin over a trisuit/top that extends past the shoulders.

Any comments please?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman swimskin and trisuit rules [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice -I will have a look. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
Found this -as part of an interview with Jimmy Riccitello:

'Finally, the swimwear rule has been changed. During non-wetsuit swims, swimwear sleeves, or race kits worn under sleeveless swimwear, may now extend from shoulders to elbows.'

This therefore seems to confirm that one could 'get away with' wearing a swim skin over a trisuit/top that extends past the shoulders.

Any comments please?

Nothing to "get away" with. It is straight-up legitimate to wear a sleeveless swim skin over a tri suit that has short sleeves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
From ironman.com:

'Effective September 1, 2010, Swimwear/speedsuits may NOT cover the neck or extend past the shoulders or knees.

You're citing old rules. Now it can extend past the shoulders but not past the elbows.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman swimskin and trisuit rules [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roger that -I found the Riccitello interview which confirms what you say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Current rule 4.01(f) allows sleeves to the elbows:

"When the use of wetsuits is prohibited (see Section 4.03), clothing covering any part of the arms below the elbows and clothing covering any of the leg below the knee is deemed illegal and is not permitted during the swim segment of the Race but may be worn after completion of the swim segment; (DSQ)"

and rule 4.03:
"(c) Sleeves that extend from shoulder to elbow may be worn"
and
"(f) A textile race kit may be worn underneath swimwear, provided, however, that the textile race kit must not extend past the elbow and must not extend past the knees. (DSQ)"

New rules here

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman swimskin and trisuit rules [dewman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks -helps!
Quote Reply