Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq calibration -15324 help me pls
Quote | Reply
My quarq was not reading any power when I started the ride this afternoon but cadence is still present. I calibrated and recalibrated it and it came out between -6000 to -15000. I only ride indoors so weather isnt a factor. What coukd contributed to this problem and how do I fix it?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq calibration -15324 help me pls [Light_Kira] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is quarq s9xxx model bought in 2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's out of calibration - gonna have to call Quarq and most likely upgrade - they have a great upgrade program.

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq calibration -15324 help me pls [mooseknuckle69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Light_Kira wrote:
My quarq was not reading any power when I started the ride this afternoon but cadence is still present. I calibrated and recalibrated it and it came out between -6000 to -15000. I only ride indoors so weather isnt a factor. What coukd contributed to this problem and how do I fix it?

As mentioned above, it is probably a return to Quarq issue, but if you haven't tried the hard reset it is worth a shot. This is performed by removing the battery and using the edge of the battery to short the interior contact spring to the edge of the battery holder as shown here.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq calibration -15324 help me pls [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A pair of pennies inserted into the battery compartment and then tighten down the lid works well too. In the event that I need to short it, I just do that, tighten, count to 10, and then remove the pennies.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have an ANT+ adapter, you could also try the Qalvin legacy app and see if it provides any diagnostics.

For PCs, most ANT+ USB sticks (e.g. those that came with Garmins) will work. The app itself can be downloaded from SRAM

For iPhones, you'd need a Wahoo ANT+ dongle or equivalent and the Qalvin Legacy app from the app store.

Since the power meter is still able to communicate via ANT+, there's a chance it could be resurrected just with the app.

Note also that what we informally call "calibration" is actually two separate processes.

1. Setting the zero offset, which is what your Garmin etc. does and can be done conveniently at any time.
2. Setting the slope, which is a bit more complicated; it requires a known calibrated weight and the Qalvin app

Generally setting the offset is all that's needed to compensate, e.g., for temperature drift.

Setting the slope is usually only needed if you replace the chain rings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just tried it and it didnt work. Thank you.

Do you guys know uf bbright can fit into gxp bottom bracket? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry:(

BBRight is a BB configuration that uses 30mm crank spindles with an asymmetric bearing placement. GXP is a 24mm crank spindle with one end stepped down to 22mm. Generally the 24mm spindle cranks (GXP, Shimano, FSA) can be used in a frame that accepts 30mm BB's. The reverse is not always possible. What bike do you have?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2013 scott plasma 3. My friends got a cervelo p3 ultegra also 2013. Hes currently using a rotor 3d with p2max that he can lend me if it fits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Light_Kira wrote:
I have a 2013 scott plasma 3. My friends got a cervelo p3 ultegra also 2013. Hes currently using a rotor 3d with p2max that he can lend me if it fits.

I think your frame is BB86. This is a 24mm press fit BB standard. If you have a GXP Quarq there is a 24mm bearing on the DS and a 22mm NDS bearing.

Rotor 3D is a 24mm spindle crankset. If iit is 3D+ it is 30mm. So the 3D will work on your bike with a BB swap or switching out the NDS bearing. Most PF BBs are so cheaply made that swapping it out is easiest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the crank hes got.

When you say swap the BB do you mean I need an adaptor?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Light_Kira wrote:
This is the crank hes got.

When you say swap the BB do you mean I need an adaptor?

If he has the Rotor 3D it should work in your Scott with the proper bottom bracket.

Right now you have a bearing in the Non-Drive-Side (NDS or Left side) of the bottom bracket that has a 22mm inside diameter. The NDS (Left) end of the GPX crankset spindle steps down to a 22mm outside diameter to fit into this bearing race. This is how GPX cranks/spindles/bottom brackets are fixed in place, side to side. The Rotor 3D crankset has a spindle diameter of 24mm for the full length. It will not fit through the NDS bearing on your existing bottom bracket. No adapter will make the i.d. bigger. Some older GPX BB's used a shim to step down a 24mm bearing to 22mm and extend the race to work with GXP spindles, but those are the exception rather than the norm and even if you had one it would probably take pulling half the BB to get the shim out.

That said, your existing bottom bracket is simply a Press Fit shell (typically some type of nylon plastic if original stock) with sealed cartridge bearings on each side. The 22mm i.d. NDS bearing could be pressed out and replaced with a 24mm i.d. bearing with the right tools, but these bottom brackets are so cheap ($25) that replacing the entire thing is probably just as easy. I've assumed you have a BB86 GPX Pressfit bottom bracket and the answers could change if this isn't the case.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have been very helpful! Thank you!
Quote Reply