Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Premier Tactical [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
PennBen wrote:
you now have a lifetime of dealing with annoying brakes that are really difficult to adjust.

You don't know what you're talking about. There's enough to criticize about the brakes on this bike but the difficulty of adjustment is not one of them. They are some of the easier brakes to adjust on the market -- pop off fairing, and tweak with a single Allen key.

If you have hopes and dreams for personalization, you can buy the frameset. Speed Concept frameset = $4500 and Tactical = $3k

I hope dan does well, I'm sure his frame is just as fast as anything out there. But a more fair comparison price-wise would be the Trek 7 series module for 'MSRP' 2999, and most of us don't pay MSRP from our LBS. And the trek comes with a lifetime warranty, and a huge dealer network for spare parts, warranty, service, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's hard to beat the Speed Concept 7 series for sure, although that frame set is not nearly as attractive to me now that they only sell the UCI legal version and also only in that awful color scheme.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I actually do. I've dealt with similar designs and they blow.
But. You've given me a lot to think about. Please don't give up on me.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own 3 so called super bikes....S works Shiv, IA FRD Felt and a Dimond. They all have problems. I have a ton of mileage on them and no I do not want to sell them yet. Yes I can live with problems but I want that majic bike. If you would like know the issues with each bike PM me do I not want to get negative on this thread. The Tactical solved every issue about time trial bikes, hiding all the cables, adjustability, weight, storage, packing up and shipping, aerodynamics, amazing value and I know this is personal but I love the looks. Dan hit a home run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
And the trek comes with a lifetime warranty, and a huge dealer network for spare parts, warranty, service, etc.

I doubt you'll find a Trek dealer in that huge network that actually stocks any of the proprietary SC parts so that's really irrelevant. You'll still need to order and wait for whatever parts you need - and pay out the ass for it. Even at a discount, a replacement "stem" for my SC 9 was something like $150...for a piece of metal and 2 screws. Warranty - okay, that could be a valid point, but based on what Dan has show us so far I'd probably rather deal with him directly for service and warranty support than an industry giant - at least in terms of direct personal service. Premiere Tactical is so small that he can't afford even a single negative review/experience and so far seems extremely responsive to input. Of course being a very small business means it could also be gone tomorrow so where would that leave you in terms of service and support? That's one significant concern I have with the TriRig Omni.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:
And the trek comes with a lifetime warranty, and a huge dealer network for spare parts, warranty, service, etc.

I doubt you'll find a Trek dealer in that huge network that actually stocks any of the proprietary SC parts so that's really irrelevant. You'll still need to order and wait for whatever parts you need - and pay out the ass for it. Even at a discount, a replacement "stem" for my SC 9 was something like $150...for a piece of metal and 2 screws. Warranty - okay, that could be a valid point, but based on what Dan has show us so far I'd probably rather deal with him directly for service and warranty support than an industry giant - at least in terms of direct personal service. Premiere Tactical is so small that he can't afford even a single negative review/experience and so far seems extremely responsive to input. Of course being a very small business means it could also be gone tomorrow so where would that leave you in terms of service and support? That's one significant concern I have with the TriRig Omni.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the Trek thing. I'm in Canada, which typically makes it even harder to get anything compared to you folks in the US, yet my trek dealer has easy access to any parts for my bike, and usually takes 1 week to get it from the time I ask for it. Not sure what to say on pricing, prices for parts are what they are. I don't think Premier or any other bike company is going to provide dirt cheap prices for replacement parts. Yes, those trek stems are over priced, agree there. But other parts I've needed, bearings, seat post parts, were very cheap. And how quickly can Dan get parts for you? Is he going to stock a bunch of replacement parts, seat posts, bolts, etc etc here in North America?

I would not fault anyone for buying a Tactical, I think it is a cool bike. I perhaps don't see the value others are seeing, but that's partly personal preference.
Last edited by: SBRcoffee: Jun 11, 17 11:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the Trek thing. I'm in Canada, which typically makes it even harder to get anything compared to you folks in the US, yet my trek dealer has easy access to any parts for my bike, and usually takes 1 week to get it from the time I ask for it. Not sure what to say on pricing, prices for parts are what they are. I don't think Premier or any other bike company is going to provide dirt cheap prices for replacement parts. Yes, those trek stems are over priced, agree there. But other parts I've needed, bearings, seat post parts, were very cheap. And how quickly can Dan get parts for you? Is he going to stock a bunch of replacement parts, seat posts, bolts, etc etc here in North America?

My point exactly - even with that "huge dealer network" it still takes you a week to get something. So it's no better than I would expect from Dan. If you could walk into your local Trek dealer and walk out with the part you need then it's a different story. Dan has a single bike model so stocking replacements for the proprietary parts should be simple. I'd be surprised if he wasn't able to turn around a replacement part in days. That doesn't make it better than Trek, expect the fact that you can shoot him an email directly and deal with the source rather than have to work through a multi-step supply chain, but it does mostly negate the perceived benefit of that dealer network. I really like my original SC9 and a new SC9 is on my short list if I get a new bike next year. I have a local dealer who is eager for my business so I'd even get a pretty good price. But it's also hard not to at least consider the Premiere Tactical. I'm looking forward to the results of the wind tunnel challenge and also seeing how early adopters are feeling in a year or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are going with the assumption that just because you can call Dan directly, that he'll have a replacement part right there to overnight to you?
Maybe he can chime in on what the expected turnaround time is when someone needs a replacement part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
You are going with the assumption that just because you can call Dan directly, that he'll have a replacement part right there to overnight to you?
Maybe he can chime in on what the expected turnaround time is when someone needs a replacement part.

I'd be willing to bet it would take no longer than ordering something through my Trek dealer. Dan seems like the kind of guy that thinks about stuff like this and would keep a small stock of parts, bits, and pieces so that he can provide just that kind of responsive customer service.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhchon wrote:
are there any real life photos of the PT on ST? i haven't seen.

We took photos of the Tactical at the shootout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With respect to parts - yes we have replacement parts here in Illinois for shipment to our customers. One of the problems with being a small company are MOQ's.

Our manufacturing partners require high "Minimum Order Quantities". So even though we are not building 1000's of bikes in each run, we did have to purchase the small - typically "replacement items" in quantity. Screws, bolts, clamps, stems, spacers, hangers, inserts, aero bars, all the covers and storage pieces etc..

In addition, each bike ships with a complete spacer and bolt kit, 1X spacer, crack pipe, rear mech cover.......... image attached.

We have enough parts ready to ship and on hand in our Taiwan office and in Illinois to build many complete bikes. That is excluding Shimano parts which you can get anywhere and the Pioneer power meters which we order from California on demand.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read in here somewhere you use some 88 mm rear wheels coming? Are you going to offer a package of wheels, either with the front and the disc or the front and rear 88s?

Also can you order blacked out online or is that a special order?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have the 88 front and Disk as standard equipment. We also have 88s rear that match the front.

You can just add a note in the comment section at check out if you want the 88 rear instead of the disk - if you want to add an 88 to your order - it will fit nicely in the case as there are slots for three wheels. The 88 rear is the same cost for the swap out.

For blacked out wheels also just ad a note in the comment section.

When an order comes in we will contact you just to make sure everything is as you want it and go over your fit numbers.

Dan Kennison

Last edited by: dkennison: Jun 12, 17 11:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i couldn't find it on the site (i could be wrong). but how does the 200 dollar fit credit work again?
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when we set up your bike, we use a static fit system along with a discussion with you. We can get you very close.

We recommend that you ride the bike and when ready - select a qualified fitter that you trust in your location (we can also make a recommendation) bring the bike to them for a fit and we will pay $200.00 toward that "dial-in fit".

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, I see something in the comments about a 650c bike next year. Is this true?

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes - I'm working on a 650 C bike to provide proper geometry for athletes 5'4" and below. It will have all the same features and aero profiles of the current bike but scaled correctly. The only way to do that is to provide a 650 bike. We will have to spec a Shimano crank alternative but everything else will be the same.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic, thank you.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
Yes - I'm working on a 650 C bike to provide proper geometry for athletes 5'4" and below. It will have all the same features and aero profiles of the current bike but scaled correctly. The only way to do that is to provide a 650 bike. We will have to spec a Shimano crank alternative but everything else will be the same.

What size cranks are you looking to put on the 650c? Will it mean that the Pioneer power meter will not be an option?
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
145 or 150 ... I'm not sure about Pioneer Power Meter. I will need to discuss that with them.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
145 or 150 ... I'm not sure about Pioneer Power Meter. I will need to discuss that with them.

Sounds great Dan! Will it arrive this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoping first Quarter 2018

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very interesting, dan.

any thoughts of giving folks options for crank lengths for the 650cc? i've always ridden 170, cus you know. that's what every bike has. i size down to 167.5. which seems fine.

145/150 seems like it would be such a drastic change after riding 167.5 or larger for the past 10 years.

ie: 650cc with 165 cranks? it seems a bit against your "fit philosophy" but if that's what the rider wants?

but while we're at it.

what are folks thoughts on a 650 vs 700. in my talks with dan, it seems like i can get the "BEST" fit on the 650, but my fit on the 700 will be pretty damn close. the only issue is the stand over, i'll be on my very very tippy toes.

but with the 700 i can run supersonics and latex tubes. no such luck with the 650cc. thus at the 140.6 distance, i feel like i may be giving up more time in rolling resistance (assuming the fit is the same), or will the smaller frame also mean less aero drag?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if this has been mentioned before (couldn't find any info on your site), but do you take international orders?
Quote Reply

Prev Next