Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days
Quote | Reply
Numbers are still being crunched and verified, but the report and results release is imminent. The data are unambiguous: there is a winner.

Bikes Tested: Felt B Series | Diamondback Andean | Cervelo P5-6 | Cervelo P5-X | Ventum One | Premier Tactical

Use this thread to make your guesses and air your speculation

Also, just kidding about the 14.06 days. We'll publish when we're good and ready....which will be soon, I promise.

If you have any last wishes for this report, this is the place to ask or discuss.

Last edited by: kileyay: Jun 8, 17 12:49
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6 - Felt B2
2 - Cervelo P5
1 - Cervelo P5-X

3,4,5 - no idea

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing number 6 is Ventum.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:

It's interesting how asymmetric number 6 is compared to all others.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:

It's interesting how asymmetric number 6 is compared to all others.

Disc brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool laser charts.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is you posted the results in your post:

Premier Tactical
Ventum One
P5-X
P5-6
Andean
B Series

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is going to be your y-axis on the charts?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
6 - Felt B2
2 - Cervelo P5
1 - Cervelo P5-X

3,4,5 - no idea
Honest guess, or just your heart's desire?
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
BryanD wrote:
6 - Felt B2
2 - Cervelo P5
1 - Cervelo P5-X

3,4,5 - no idea

Honest guess, or just your heart's desire?

Honest guess

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
6 - Felt B2
2 - Cervelo P5
1 - Cervelo P5-X

3,4,5 - no idea

We'll obviously find out soon, but I'm betting that at best you have 1 and 2 reversed. I won't be surprised if you're more wrong than that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know the answer!!!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I'm wrong, my P5-X opinion remains unchanged.

Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

Good question that I thought a lot about. Grams of drag at 30 mph. There are pluses and minuses to this, but ultimately this needs to be a report that most people understand, and I think those units better lend themselves to comprehension than CdA or CdX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Also, just kidding about the 14.06 days. We'll publish when we're good and ready....which will be soon, I promise.

I think that's what Cervelo did
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you tell us the range of drag from 1-6 or do we have to wait? IOW did bike 1 really blow away the others or does it just look like that?

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will reverse your 1 and 2 but leave the rest the same.

Ventum One for the win.
Premier Tactical
P5-X
P5-6
Andean
B Series

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope we get uncertainties with that data, point estimates alone aren't very informative
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
purely for entertainment purposes, I'm hoping #1 and #2 are the two disc brake bikes.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
Can you tell us the range of drag from 1-6 or do we have to wait? IOW did bike 1 really blow away the others or does it just look like that?

You'll have to wait. Otherwise I would have left the y axis. One of the big question is, of course, how close these bikes actually are, aerodynamically speaking
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [eisforurgent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eisforurgent wrote:
Hope we get uncertainties with that data, point estimates alone aren't very informative

I'm not sure what you mean. You're hoping for uncertainty? Or you want uncertainty to be quantified and disclosed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
stevej wrote:

Good question that I thought a lot about. Grams of drag at 30 mph. There are pluses and minuses to this, but ultimately this needs to be a report that most people understand, and I think those units better lend themselves to comprehension than CdA or CdX

Boo!

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the meantime, we'll just amuse ourselves by inventing our own labels for the axes.

I'm guessing it's median daily UV exposure vs. transverse frame cross-sectional area.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not insinuating any foul play with this ....but I'd also like to see an accounting of the $$ collected and where they were spent..

Transparency is a good thing.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am guessing:

Ventum
Andean
p5x
p5
premier
felt

Prev Next