Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My vet lost my dog [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
As far as losing your pet's ashes, I would suggest think about your personal beliefs. Unless you believe dogs go to heaven or get reincarnated or something, what you lost is physically ashes, no intrinsic value. You have all of your emotional memories of your pet, the significance of the ashes is only what you chose to make of them. Probably best to let it go and just think of the fond memories of your pet instead.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but in most cases you aren't even getting the actual ashes of the deceased. You are just getting random ashes scooped up from multiple burned bodies. I'm surprised they didn't just arrange to get some ashes and give them to him. Without saying anything, no one would have known the difference.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: My vet lost my dog [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to hike to the top of the one place I took my pups the most and spread some or all of their ashes. Just can't bring myself to do it. They are in their respective little boxes in a cabinet with their collars and tags. Not sure I will ever do it.
Most crematorium give you the option of a scoop of ashes mixed or pay a little more for just your own. I also asked for the titanium knee bracket back when they cremated my oldest, in part to see that they fulfilled the contract and because it is now an expensive piece on a necklace. Also amusing I get lots of comments asking if it is a bike part. My girls were almost 15 and 16. I figure it will take a long time to really be okay they are gone.
Last edited by: madonebug: May 24, 17 17:32
Quote Reply
Re: My vet lost my dog [madonebug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good story. Titanium huh? Nothing but the best for our best friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a great story.

I just got my first dog 8 months ago. The bond I have formed with her is indescribable. I can't even begin to imagine how much I will miss her when her time comes.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: My vet lost my dog [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess titanium or stainless I'm not sure. All I know is it is the most expensive piece of jewelry I have, not being big on jewelry. Fixing a blown ccl was a large expense but worth it. She got six more good years out of that knee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have 4 sets of ashes in the house - one in our bedroom, two are by the couch downstairs where those two loved to lounge and one is beside the fireplace where she'd spend hours lounging when it was cold. We also have all of the collars and tags hanging in the garage, never to be re-used. Like you, we planned to take each set of ashes to a place that was special to each of them and spread them but just never worked up to it.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next