Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Let's talk about forgiveness.
Quote | Reply
What does it mean to you? What do you see it's value as? Who deserves forgiveness?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk about forgiveness. [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgive you for your long absence, Tibbs.

I forgive TheForge his sins. He should be welcomed back.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I could go long on this one but have to go pick up my Little Lady (the 3 year old princess!). I'll just say this for now:
  • It's more than saying "sorry."
  • And, more seriously, the most succinct reason for forgiveness I've heard is that not forgiving is like offering someone rat poison and then realizing the person you made the offer to is you, because the thing you don't forgive has the power to begin consuming you from inside.

Spiritual teacher/guru, Rob Bell, had an awesome ~4 part forgiveness series on his podcast, The Robcast. I think it was sometime from last year. It says everything any of us could say about forgiveness, only 1000 times better.

But I'll leave with this: Learning to forgive myself was as powerful a thing of transformation as any in my life. Learning to forgive those who are no longer around to be forgiven was also powerful. Learning to forgive and cut ties from those whom I no longer need to spend the emotional or mental energy on, while yet protecting myself from their ongoing bad influence or abuse, was also powerful. Learning to accept that I can change and ask others for forgiveness, but they have the power to not give it and cut ties with me was also freeing, as it allows me to change who I am yet not be attached to the guilt of who I've been.

As Bugs Bunny would say, "That's all folks."

Tibbsy wrote:
What does it mean to you? What do you see it's value as? Who deserves forgiveness?

Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk about forgiveness. [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:

I forgive you for thinking Tibbsy is Tibbs.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk about forgiveness. [ZenosArrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenosArrow wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

I forgive you for thinking Tibbsy is Tibbs.

Ha. Have you read his recent posts? Classic Tibbs.

Also Sally vouched for him, so I believe.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I must count myself as being fortunate. There is nobody in my life, past or present, who I think owes me an apology. I'm not saying that because I think I'm better at forgiving, but because the people that matter to me haven't done anything seriously offensive or wrong. My brother and I had a bit of an issue a few years ago where he did something that I felt was pretty inconsiderate. But I've moved on because holding a grudge for something like that isn't worth the energy.

There are a few ex-girlfriends that I would like to apologize to. I never mistreated them, but I was selfish and didn't adequately return the love that they showed to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk about forgiveness. [ZenosArrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shut up! Everyone thinks I am Tibbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me forgiveness is the key to inner peace and happiness, being able to truly let go of the things that have harmed you (or you have harmed) in the past can be very liberating. In other words letting go is a very uplifting experience. Peace!
Last edited by: 50+: May 19, 17 15:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Shut up! Everyone thinks I am Tibbs.

I just think you're a loon.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply