Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
McGregor/Mayweather
Quote | Reply
McGregor just applied for a boxing licence in Nevada. Is this actually going to happen?

http://www.espn.com/...oxing-license-nevada

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mayweather will knock him into next week. But it'll be worth the $$$.
Quote Reply
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McGregor will be totally outclassed in a boxing match even if Mayweather hasn't fought since 2015. This is a fight that really means nothing other than the entertainment value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mayweather is a far superior boxer than McGregor is an MMA fighter. Seems to me the octagon would make for a more interesting fight.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the mma guy can catch that marathoner with the double jointed lower spine, he would knock his head off....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely a less interesting fight in the cage.

Mayweather is obviously a superior boxer, but McGregor at least has some attributes he can bring to bear in a boxing match. He's at least a capable boxer, he has the size and age advantage, and he has legit one punch knockout power. And it's not like Mayweather is a threat to knock him out.

An MMA match wouldn't last 30 seconds unless McGregor allowed it to.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have read a lot of discussions on the possibility of this fight and expexted outcomes. Not once I have seen anyone question the commission that would sanction a fight between someone with zero professional boxing experience and an undefeated world class boxer. Simply asinine. NSAC loses all credibility of this fight goes off.

Nate Diaz could beat mcgregor in a pure boxing match.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
*if it does happen Conner knocks out Floyd in the second round.

Not a chance in hell.

Mayweather will play tap tap with him and slip everything he throws until Conner tires in the fourth and throws haymakers that leave him open. Then Floyd attacks and puts him to sleep.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know, but given Mayweathers age and McGregors size I want to see it go down. I'm not convinced 40 year old Mayweather wants to put his perfect record on the line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
An MMA match wouldn't last 30 seconds unless McGregor allowed it to.

Mayweather is going to eat McGregor alive in a boxing match. Floyd isn't known for being a knockout artist so he might not kill Conor but it will be an extremely lopsided boxing match. McGregor might be able to last awhile, maybe even a few rounds, but he's going to get beaten up.

However, it wouldn't be as lopsided as if it were an MMA fight. Conor has a better chance in a boxing match against Floyd than Floyd would in a MMA fight against Conor. Mayweather's octagon lifespan would be measured in seconds, and not in rounds or minutes. He will be unconscious or tapping in less than 90 seconds.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Get serious.
Quote Reply
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Not a chance in hell.

Mayweather will play tap tap with him and slip everything he throws until Conner tires in the fourth and throws haymakers that leave him open. Then Floyd attacks and puts him to sleep.

But Dana says the negotiations with Conor are done. Doesn't that mean they are halfway there? All they have to do is get Mayweather to sign, and he has never stalled in making a fight before.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone offering 25:1 odds?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I'm telling you, this is all just sophisticated (slightly) clickbait.

Sorry, I don't do pink. I don't even think it is sophisticated. I don't see any way this gets done and I can't believe anyone else does either. Even if they sign a deal I don't see them fighting.

Sophisticated is if they were using this as a cover for McGregor not fighting for a while for another reason (injury, drug use, laziness...).

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Definitely a less interesting fight in the cage.

If you disagree I'll just say the same thing again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But yes, I suppose you're right. Though the tale of the tape doesn't suggest that much of a size advantage for Conor, certainly not enough to make any appreciable difference in their skill discrepancy.

Are they talking about using standard weight boxing gloves? I'd like to see it with MMA mitts, if it's going to happen.

Quote Reply
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:
The fight itself is ridiculous, but there's way too much money to be made to not do it. Conor would make more from this one fight than he would for the next several MMA fights, and of course "Money" Mayweather will bring another ludicrous sized check to the bank.

Conor would be lucky to land a single punch on Floyd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Though the tale of the tape doesn't suggest that much of a size advantage for Conor, certainly not enough to make any appreciable difference in their skill discrepancy.

McGregor is just a bigger guy all around. An inch or two in height, a couple inches in reach, but probably about 25 pounds in weight.

Are they talking about using standard weight boxing gloves? I'd like to see it with MMA mitts, if it's going to happen.

It doesn't matter what they're supposedly talking about, it's not gonna happen. But if it did, it would certainly be in boxing gloves. Floyd's got soft hands as it is, MMA gloves would be a huge disadvantage for him.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

And that one "lucky" punch will knock him the fuck out (in the second round).

There's always a puncher's chance.
Quote Reply
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [matt_cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matt_cycles wrote:
squid wrote:

The fight itself is ridiculous, but there's way too much money to be made to not do it. Conor would make more from this one fight than he would for the next several MMA fights, and of course "Money" Mayweather will bring another ludicrous sized check to the bank.

I just don't get the appeal of this fight. It's an extremely one-sided boxing match. You have arguably one of the best boxers that has ever lived fighting a guy who is an above average boxer for an MMA fighter. They're literally not in the same competitive universe. I'm an above average swimmer, doesn't mean I'm going to race Michael Phelps in the pool.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: McGregor/Mayweather [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
matt_cycles wrote:
squid wrote:

I just don't get the appeal of this fight. It's an extremely one-sided boxing match. You have arguably one of the best boxers that has ever lived fighting a guy who is an above average boxer for an MMA fighter. They're literally not in the same competitive universe. I'm an above average swimmer, doesn't mean I'm going to race Michael Phelps in the pool.

This would be more like the faster triathlete swimmer taking on Phelps, which would draw interest even if it was likely to be a blowout.
Last edited by: matt_cycles: May 19, 17 13:25
Quote Reply

Prev Next