Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Roger Ailes - RIP
Quote | Reply
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/334011-ex-fox-news-head-roger-ailes-dead-report

“I am profoundly sad and heartbroken to report that my husband, Roger Ailes, passed away this morning,” the statement said.

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [Team Schwinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahaha

He was probably powered by sexual harassment - his fuel ran out

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suspicious
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prayers to his friends and his family.
Last edited by: oldandslow: May 18, 17 14:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grope Girl Gone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ailes well that ends well

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Team Schwinn wrote:
hahaha

He was probably powered by sexual harassment - his fuel ran out

Skirts at FoxNews will be lowered to half-mast today

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He touched a lot of people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Transformed the media.

Quote | Reply
Fox News announced today that they would honour Ailes the way he would have wanted ... they are blaming his death on Hillary Clinton.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RIP??? all I can say for this fella is that I hope pays his dues in the afterlife with the same amount of turmoil as he caused on others here on earth! sack of potatoes!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I don't believe that anyone's life should be whitewashed just because they passed, even in an obituary, I still believe reactions for most people should be respectful, if not for the person who died, for family and friends.

I also don't believe in the binary opinion of most people -- that they are either good or bad. People are complicated. Just because someone was a political opponent, or an asshole of a boss, a serial harasser, or even a criminal (with some exceptions), it doesn't follow that they didn't have good qualities that should also be honored.

And I'll admit to being a hypocrite here, as I enjoy the good, ill-timed and crass joke when someone passes. If it's funny, it's rarely too soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the LR, get that acting like an adult shit out of here.

AlanShearer wrote:
While I don't believe that anyone's life should be whitewashed just because they passed, even in an obituary, I still believe reactions for most people should be respectful, if not for the person who died, for family and friends.

I also don't believe in the binary opinion of most people -- that they are either good or bad. People are complicated. Just because someone was a political opponent, or an asshole of a boss, a serial harasser, or even a criminal (with some exceptions), it doesn't follow that they didn't have good qualities that should also be honored.

And I'll admit to being a hypocrite here, as I enjoy the good, ill-timed and crass joke when someone passes. If it's funny, it's rarely too soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [pdudle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pdudle wrote:
He touched a lot of people.

Well played. I literally LOL'd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really that surprising. Lots of people retire from their job and then drop dead within 6 months.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of people retire from their job and then drop dead within 6 months.

Particularly when they "retire" in the midst of numerous sexual misconduct allegations.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what I think you're saying is that it's an act of benevolence on the part of the powers that be when they've put Americans in a situation where we don't have the savings to retire, thereby delaying our deaths?

Ready4Launch wrote:
Not really that surprising. Lots of people retire from their job and then drop dead within 6 months.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
RIP??? all I can say for this fella is that I hope pays his dues in the afterlife with the same amount of turmoil as he caused on others here on earth! sack of potatoes!

You win asshole of the day
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Particularly when they "retire" in the midst of numerous sexual misconduct allegations.

Allegations might be the right word to use. Was he ever actually charged with a crime? I'll admit to not paying attention to everything The Resistance is doing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   As someone else mentioned, people are rarely evenly good or bad across their personality or life. I like this piece from one Juan Williams:
-
http://www.foxnews.com/...acy-free-speech.html
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
playero wrote:

You win asshole of the day

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Allegations might be the right word to use. Was he ever actually charged with a crime? I'll admit to not paying attention to everything The Resistance is doing.

Whether he was charged with a crime or not is irrelevant. The allegations against him (and they were many, many allegations) were that he routinely and regularly sexually harassed women who worked for him, including a lot of the on-air "talent" hired by FOX News. While sexual harassment isn't a crime (except in certain circumstances or when government figures are involved), I would still call serial harassers shit-bags and their transgressions "sexual misconduct."

The civil lawsuits against FOX will continue despite Ailes' death. Assuming they actually go to trial, a jury will decide if they are merely "allegations" or something more.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

Like my mom said about my grandmother, she didn't have a kind word to say about my grandfather when he was alive but when he died he became a saint.
Quote Reply

Prev Next