Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Smoking: Tips, Tricks, Recipies
Quote | Reply
Finally got my Traeger!

Anyone else have one? What pellets do you like best? What is your favorite thing to smoke? Inject or no? Anyone have a good recipe they want to share?

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Smoking: Tips, Tricks, Recipies [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is how you smoke:

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like apple for chicken or pork and mesquite or pecan for beef.

Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Smoking: Tips, Tricks, Recipies [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
that picture is fucking with my brain, it looks like it could be two asses. Her ass and looks like another ass the way her ass and legs are creased.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iO4 wrote:
Finally got my Traeger!

Anyone else have one? What pellets do you like best? What is your favorite thing to smoke? Inject or no? Anyone have a good recipe they want to share?

Go buy Meathead's book - "The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling". Lots of great tips and recipes. Everything single thing I've tried out of that book has been great.

I don't have a Traeger but smoke tons on my Weber Smokey Mountain and Grill Dome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iO4 wrote:
Finally got my Traeger!

I don't have a pellet grill, but I do smoke meats. For what it's worth, I recommend first-timers start with a pork shoulder for their first cook. Pulled pork is very forgiving. Keep it simple:

1. Get a pork shoulder (I like the bone-in ones at Sam's Club, but any will do). Rinse it under water and pat it dry with paper towels if you like.
  2. Apply your dry rub.
  3. Smoke at 225F to 250F degrees until you can stick a fork in it and turn it without resistance. This is usually around 12 to 14 hours of smoking or when the meat hits an internal temperature of around 195F degrees.
  4. Wrap the meat in foil and let it rest for an hour or so or until it is not too hot to pull. You can hold it for a few hours in a 170F degree oven if needed, and it gets even more tender like that.
  5. Pull the pork and serve as desired. I like to serve it on a kaiser roll with some East Carolina-style sauce and some coleslaw.
I wouldn't mess with injecting, spritzing/mopping, the "Texas crutch" or anything like that on a first cook. Keep it simple; it will still be delicious without being overwhelming.
Quote Reply
Re: Smoking: Tips, Tricks, Recipies [Dirty Bottles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice I haven't seen that one. I'll check it out.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Smoking: Tips, Tricks, Recipies [Joe Public] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I might do just that this weekend.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iO4 wrote:
Nice I haven't seen that one. I'll check it out.

Meathead's website is fantastic. http://amazingribs.com/

I don't have his book, but if it is anything like his website, its worth getting.
Quote Reply