Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

XTERRA Vengeance - Full Sleeved (Black/Silver) - anyone tried it?
Quote | Reply
Wondering if anyone has tried the XTERRA Vengeance Full Sleeve Suit.....thoughts on the suit? Pros/Cons? Specifically, how is arm flexibility?
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vengeance - Full Sleeved (Black/Silver) - anyone tried it? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it.

It has considerably better flexibility in the arms compared to their previous mid level suit (the red logos/lettering). IN MY OPINION compared to my Roka Pro, the noticeable difference is that the Roka locks me into a position, specifically my hips. I feel more free, so to speak, in the Xterra. (I swim ok with little to no training and have a good body position without a suit on)

...and the arm color really is a great benefit when spectating.
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vengeance - Full Sleeved (Black/Silver) - anyone tried it? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used it the last two seasons and really like it. It fits me really well and is very flexible and the silver helps my family spot me out! I have had vendetta and the Vector Pro suit before it and I think this is a step up from the Vendetta for sure. I haven't tried other brands outside of a blue seventy suit I rented in my first year racing so don't have too much to compare it to. I have decently broad shoulders and have no issues with arm flexibility.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Xterra Vengeance very much. Very flexible and nice leg cut as well.
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike,

Thanks for asking about our VENGEANCE FULLSUIT. It's an awesome suit and we have a lot of them out in the water on the backs of triathletes. Also, you'll spot a number of crazy 5k and 10k swimmers wearing them at the Jr. Nationals here in California this weekend since the water is cold enough for wetsuits.

As with any triathlon wetsuit, it is all about the fit. We have a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can test the wetsuit to see if it is right for you. Remember to take care when putting it on since, like most high-end wetsuits, we use the best neoprene which is great for speed but no so much on durability.

- Turq
(glynn turquand - glynn@xterrawetsuits.com - humble co-owner)
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vengeance - Full Sleeved (Black/Silver) - anyone tried it? [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
I like it.

It has considerably better flexibility in the arms compared to their previous mid level suit (the red logos/lettering). IN MY OPINION compared to my Roka Pro, the noticeable difference is that the Roka locks me into a position, specifically my hips. I feel more free, so to speak, in the Xterra. (I swim ok with little to no training and have a good body position without a suit on)

...and the arm color really is a great benefit when spectating.

Isn't the Vengeance top of the line, not mid level?

To the OP: I got one this year and I love it. Fits great , goes on well, and I swim fast in it. Like the color as well.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vengeance - Full Sleeved (Black/Silver) - anyone tried it? [Turq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turq wrote:
Mike,

Thanks for asking about our VENGEANCE FULLSUIT. It's an awesome suit and we have a lot of them out in the water on the backs of triathletes. Also, you'll spot a number of crazy 5k and 10k swimmers wearing them at the Jr. Nationals here in California this weekend since the water is cold enough for wetsuits.

As with any triathlon wetsuit, it is all about the fit. We have a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can test the wetsuit to see if it is right for you. Remember to take care when putting it on since, like most high-end wetsuits, we use the best neoprene which is great for speed but no so much on durability.

- Turq
(glynn turquand - glynn@xterrawetsuits.com - humble co-owner)

Thanks Glynn! I like the detail that xterra offers on their suits, online. Some of your competitors do not. I am sure you compare your suits to others and am really curious about your thoughts of the Vengeance vs the Roka X. I ask because Roka claims the suit is designed with an "arms up" position....which make sense....but I am not sure how it assists in arm flexibility. Can you speak to the Vengeance design specifics that contribute to it having it more arm flexibility (less fatigue in long swims) vs other suits?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike,

Regarding "arms up" - our wetsuits began featuring anatomical arms in 2005. This was created by using multiple panels in the arms, shoulders and lats. This unique design not only created additional flexibility in the arms but allowed us to use different neoprene and liners in different parts of our wetsuits to achieve this "arms up" position that is now being marketed (and copied) by other companies.

I'll also add that DeSoto has had it's own "arms up" design for just as long.

Ultimately, and generally speaking, the higher end wetsuits will have the most flexibility assuming a proper fit. Therefore, definitely give the Roka X a test side-by-side with the Vengeance. Whichever one fits you best should be the one you keep.

- Turq
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vengeance - Full Sleeved (Black/Silver) - anyone tried it? [Turq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turq wrote:
Mike,

Regarding "arms up" - our wetsuits began featuring anatomical arms in 2005. This was created by using multiple panels in the arms, shoulders and lats. This unique design not only created additional flexibility in the arms but allowed us to use different neoprene and liners in different parts of our wetsuits to achieve this "arms up" position that is now being marketed (and copied) by other companies.

I'll also add that DeSoto has had it's own "arms up" design for just as long.

Ultimately, and generally speaking, the higher end wetsuits will have the most flexibility assuming a proper fit. Therefore, definitely give the Roka X a test side-by-side with the Vengeance. Whichever one fits you best should be the one you keep.

- Turq

Thanks for the response & insight Glynn!
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vengeance - Full Sleeved (Black/Silver) - anyone tried it? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct, perhaps my post was misleading - I previously owned their mid-level suit, the one with red logos, the generation before the current version (it didn't have the 'graphics'), it was the only sleeved Xterra I had to compare it to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mike,

I've been swimming in the vengeance the last two years and its by far my favorite wetsuit. I've swam in the top end Aquasphere and Blue Seventy in the past but prefer the vengeance to both of these. The arm flexibility is just one attribute and I agree with the previous posts that it is super flexible. Similar to other high-end suits the flexibility is there and it dramatically reduces the shoulder fatigue you get from wearing cheaper suits. The thing I like most is way the vengeance allows me to swim in my natural position. As a former college swimmer, I don't need to be propped up like most triathletes and the thicker front panels that other designers use cause my back to arch improperly. I feel the vengeance allows me to keep my natural swimmer position and I never get an achy back like I have in other suits. Take advantage of the 30 day trial and see if it fits you, I doubt you'll return it if you do...

Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mike,

The Vengeance full sleeved is pretty fantastic. I've never had any issues with limited shoulder flexibility and it is fast. I actually don't think I have another single piece of triathlon equipment that I've noticed such a difference in speed when I was using it versus when I was not. As someone else said, the silver arms are useful for spectators to spot you. Its held up well and Xterra has fantastic customer support. Using the Vengeance I've been able to average :25 minutes for my 1/2 IM swim split, and that is with only training 1 hour per week in the pool. Are there faster wetsuits out there? Maybe? But I am pretty sure this is the best value - a top end wetsuit for a pretty reasonable price. Hope that helps and best of luck this season.

Todd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Vengeance as well. Been racing and training in it for a couple years now and it is a very buoyant and comfortable suit. I am an average swimmer, but when racing in the Vengeance there is a marked increase in my speed. I highly recommend this suit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I completed my first race in the Vengeance this past weekend. The shoulder flexibility it provides is very noticeable when compared to other wetsuits I've used. I grew up swimming and this wetsuit allows me to maintain my natural motion. The other excellent feature are the shorter legs. This race was by far my fastest T1 in 7 years of racing. I was able to step out of the wetsuit with very little effort. Saving 20 seconds in T1 not struggling with your wetsuit is a big plus if you are competing in short course events.
Quote Reply