Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a used 2014 SC 9.9 (to replace my 2011 7.0) and it came with Mavic wheels and skewers. Do the 2nd gen bikes come from the factory with custom skewers like the first gen bikes? If so anyone have a part number?

Also, the stem cover snapped in transit. I know that the part number is in this thread somewhere, but there is no good way to search the thread. Anyone have that part # also?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup, W329030 and -031 for F&R, ti skewers

which size stem do you have?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am running the med-far stem.

Thanks Carl.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
W326772

cheers!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Carl,

I have a problem with my Trek Madone 9 and would need a new screw with washer for the front derailleur. Is there a screw or hardware kit like for the Speed Concept?

nice regards and thank you in advance;-)

Stefan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Steve560] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Stefan-

The carbon friendly washer is PN W319573. I don't see a separate PN for an FD bolt for the Madone (the Domane SLR has one, but that's likely because it also has a unique FD washer). This means you use the one that came with the FD, just with our washer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

that helps a lot!!!

thank you!

Stefan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I also try to get new pad width spacing bolts for my Madone front brake. Are these available in a kit or could you please give me the dimensions?

cheers

Stefan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madone 9 brake bolt kit is PN 527895.

Curious how/why you find yourself missing these?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a like new Madone 9 frameset and during the build up I realised that the former owner somehow had installed one or two screws, that were not original ones. But every time with my Trek bikes, it is supercool to have such a great in-depth manual and especially such a fantastic support from you, Carl!!!

cheers

Stefan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx for the info. I try to stay aware of when there might be a problem right from the factory...but it can certainly get a little hairy in the resale market. Good luck and happy riding!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for a new bottom bracket for my 15' speed Concept 7.5. I donT want to spend ceramic speed money but fine with an "upgrade" over stock. Suggestions? What sizing do I need?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl is there any other way to get the tabs? My local trek dealer for some reason didn't really act like they wanted to order them. They just went to the back and came out with some generic ones. Don't really won't generic on a 9series. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [AdamL2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's possible the dealer was trying to save you some money. I've heard there is a generic product which does the same thing as the W308963 plugs at a fraction of the cost. not sure if those come in the same color as ours (black), but I have to admit they sure look similar otherwise and may be perfectly adequate.

for now, authorized service parts like these are only available through a Trek dealer. is there more than one in your area? have to believe at least one of them would be happy to order these.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [abetances15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you're into ceramic, Trek dealers used to be able to source non-ceramicspeed ceramic bearings from us, but now they have to get those elsewhere because ceramicspeed is what we've got. all they (or you) need is to find ceramic bearing kits listed as being for BB90, in whatever crank style you're running (Shimano, or GXP).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I'm building up a 7.5 with Di2 and am wondering about battery install. I can get it into the aluminum seat post about an inch then resistance gets too much for me to go any further.

I realize carbon seatpost is an option, but would rather not have to spend the $$$ on a part I already have.

Any thoughts or suggestions from others? Has anyone rigged up internal battery with the metal seat post?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can put the battery into one of your aero extensions :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [abetances15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
abetances15 wrote:
Looking for a new bottom bracket for my 15' speed Concept 7.5. I donT want to spend ceramic speed money but fine with an "upgrade" over stock. Suggestions? What sizing do I need?

Have a look at Kogel. I've been very impressed with my Kogel bits.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
You can put the battery into one of your aero extensions :)

Pink? It's the mono extension...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, bummer. The battery fits perfectly in a 22.2 extension. I have the plug-in. Your next best option might be the top tube bento.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Ah, bummer. The battery fits perfectly in a 22.2 extension. I have the plug-in. Your next best option might be the top tube bento.

Hmmm. That could be an option. But would rather not have to have some of bento not be functional.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
I'm building up a 7.5 with Di2 and am wondering about battery install. I can get it into the aluminum seat post about an inch then resistance gets too much for me to go any further.

I realize carbon seatpost is an option, but would rather not have to spend the $$$ on a part I already have.

Any thoughts or suggestions from others? Has anyone rigged up internal battery with the metal seat post?

I have mine in the seatpost. I pushed the battery in as far as I could without putting too much force on it, probably about 3 inches or so. Then I took some foam (from the packaging that my 7.5 frame shipped in) and stuffed that into the seatpost in front of and behind the battery. I drew a line on the battery with a silver sharpie to mark how far I pushed it in. Every time I work on my bike, I slide the seatpost out and check if the battery has moved. After a year and thousands of miles it still hasn't moved a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Hmmm. That could be an option. But would rather not have to have some of bento not be functional.

With some foam wrap and planning you can just push it down the seattube and let it sit above your BB spindle cover. You don't ever really need access and if you're worried about removal just tape a loop to the end you leave facing up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a decent solution. Thanks for suggestion. I'll give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [BrianLooney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are photos of my 2015 Trek 7.5 Speed Concept after upgrading to SRAM eTap shifting.
I'm really liking it so far. I have BlipGrips at the end of the extension bars and blips on the inside of the lower horns just under the tape. I changed the brake levers to be Bontrager XXX with the adjustable tension. The blip box is mounted right above the stem with industrial velcro. It was great to pull the shifting cables out of the frame - and leave them out.
Last edited by: BrianLooney: May 8, 17 18:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next