Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Shiv [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Why wouldn't they be on the Retul site? They're launching the new P5x this eve so I guess I'll ask them in person!

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you in Vancouver or Calgary?
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calgary
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then I'm no help :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't this picture outdated now that all Shivs are on the low-stack aerobars?

As part of the recall, Specialized swapped out my M frame for a S because I could not get the setback on the new stock aerobars and I was not happy with the aftermarket aerobars the LBS used.

Did Specialized ever publish a new graph?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kokketiel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kokketiel wrote:

As part of the recall, Specialized swapped out my M frame for a S because I could not get the setback on the new stock aerobars and I was not happy with the aftermarket aerobars the LBS used.

I don't think they ever updated it, post-bar recall. Subtract 19mm from the stack and the chart still works.

I'm another person who couldn't get the pad setback w/o them using aftermarket bars (Zipp Vuka Alumina in my case). The chart never represented the extreme setback (or forward) you could achieve with the original bars. Theoretically you could put the pads 20+ cm back of the basebar if you slid the extensions back far enough.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was a little late to the Shiv party when I finally swapped out my S-Works Transition for a Shiv last season. Just posting a photo 'cause while the Shiv is now considered "old and soon to be replaced" I actually think they later graphic/paint designs have really turned it into a beautiful bike. REALLY need to find a solution to get lower in the front before next season... this is as low the stock setup will allow:-/ Frame is a little big for me which doesn't help but going down to Small introduced other fit issues so i went with Med. Still waiting to hear more positive feedback on the TriRig front end (and really hoping someone else comes out with a new bar setup to help all us Shiv riders get lower.)

Quote | Reply
Before I swapped out my cockpit during the recall, I was using a negative stem to get low enough (you have to have a 31.8 clamp basebar though).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful bike! Great job coordinating the wheel decals.
Quote Reply
wtb: Specialized Shiv fuel cell [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have one avaliable. I need a Specialized shiv fuel cell.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!
Quote Reply
Re: wtb: Specialized Shiv fuel cell [jhight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to special order mine from a specialized dealer
Last edited by: brianwchan: Feb 10, 17 9:39
Quote Reply
Armpads [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know where to get the Armpads for the Shiv Tri Bar? Mine are in a pretty bad shape as the tissue goes of and Specialized here in Europe seems not to be capable to source them.
Anyone uses other Brand Pads which fits?
Quote Reply
Re: Armpads [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.ceegees.com/

They make a Shiv specific set, which I've got. Fits the holders perfectly but appox 5-10mm thicker.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else received the sets of decals for the 15/16 Shiv and found them incomplete?

I got a warranty frame last fall and thought I use the included decals to change up the color scheme but there is nothing included for the inside of the fork. Anyone else run into this and have been able to resolve it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [StuckJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a x small frame set new in box. 2015.
Black with red pin stripes.
$2000.
Spring cleaning
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [thejoey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't need the storage, so was wondering is the Shiv faster with empty or without the fuel cell?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sold this one.
I do have 2016 shiv pro small black and grey frame set.
I believe it doesn't matter with or without.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the fuelcell was basically a net zero in the wind tunnel
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [B3CK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B3CK wrote:
In my efforts to find a stem for the 2012 Shiv TT, which have failed miserably, I'm wondering if the new S-works Aero cockpit and stem would work. Any thoughts?

I know the Shiv TT stem will only work with the provided, proprietary cockpit. However, if I switch the stem and cockpit, would it work? IE, no clearance issues, etc?

I've talked to Specialized a few times and they said no stems for 2012 Shiv TT's are available, nor will they ever be, thus making me think the new stem/cockpit combo would work.

Any help here is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Don't mean to drag up an old post but was curious to know if you ever got sorted out with a stem for the SHIV TT?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [d20903] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I'm still on the hunt for a nosecone, yes don't tease me lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kokketiel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kokketiel wrote:

They still list the old recalled cockpit for sale on their site:

https://www.specialized.com/...r-w-aero-stem/116867

Incredible. They hastily recalled it and replaced it with the lame low stack kit. I hate it. I wish I could incline it about 10 degrees but of course it doesn't/can't do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:
I'm still on the hunt for a nosecone, yes don't tease me lol.

nosecone or stem?!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [d20903] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nosecone, I have the sworks stem. But I wanna get the nosecone/stem as seen on Macca last win (I think) or as seen -https://www.google.com/...gUqPpwM:&spf=110

Will to pay $$ if anyone has one. Or can 3 d print one
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I replaced recently my front brake (TRP T922-1) due to scratches and I have problem balancing it. Even when screwing completely the right screw and un-screwing completely the left screw, I didn't get a correct adjustment. It behave like both spring didn't have the same tension.

I'm pretty sure I have mounted them correctly. I have been paying attention to use the left spring with left side caliper and the right spring with the right caliper. I verified also that the adjustment screw is working (internal plate didn't slip).

I wondering if some of you already see/fix that.

Thanks,
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, this might be the latest I've ever been to a party, but here is my 2017 Shiv Elite. More or less stock, I only added the Fuelcell and some Oval Conceptes 950F carbon clinchers which I really like. I wonder why Specialized seems to ship all their bikes with "inadequate" wheels (compared to the excellent frames).

Why did I hop on the Shiv train this late in the game? Simply because it fits really, really well. I am 6.6'' (just one centimeter shy of two meters) and the adjusted XL frame together with a round on the RetĂĽl machine ended up producing a ride that fits me like a glove. The side effects are of course that I am now looking for a larger road bike for those group rides. Countless ways to burn money...
Last edited by: Dembo: Jun 7, 17 1:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next