Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Poll currently on going (650c)
Quote | Reply
ladies! this is a poll mostly in support of distaff riders, and the products available to them (or that should be available). if you haven't taken the poll, can you? thanks in advance.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The Poll currently on going (650c) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ladies! this is a poll mostly in support of distaff riders, and the products available to them (or that should be available). if you haven't taken the poll, can you? thanks in advance.

Your instructions technically exclude me -- but I'll be happy to check "never 700" anyway.

"If (and only if!) you have OWNED and EXTENSIVELY ridden BOTH 650c and 700c"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done. And thank you for helping to keep the little people on bikes that fit!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done. Thanks for adding the 5'5" and under and never ridden 700c category. It would be interesting to know age ranges for those of us in this short category who have never ridden 700, and those who have always ridden 700. My theory is that older riders are the former, and younger riders are the later.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: The Poll currently on going (650c) [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Done. Thanks for adding the 5'5" and under and never ridden 700c category. It would be interesting to know age ranges for those of us in this short category who have never ridden 700, and those who have always ridden 700. My theory is that older riders are the former, and younger riders are the later.

I think you are right. I am 5'4" and have been riding for about 7 years (so a newer, but older rider), and I have never ridden a road or tri bike with anything other than 700c. Anything else isn't even an option at the bike shops around here unless you want to special order them, then you would also have the issue of replacement tubes and tires. I think more experienced riders might like the smaller wheels, but there is a significant barrier to entry with those wheels for newer riders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done. The husband scooped up an old stock 48 cm P5 with 650s for me for Christmas. I knew I had to get one before they all go the way of the dinosaur!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done. I'm 4'11" and much prefer 650s but yeah, so hard to find. My 2013 XS P2 fits like it was made for me and I dread having to replace it. That bike is the replacement for my 2008 XS QR Dulce (now living out it's remaining days in my pain cave). A few years ago I went looking to upgrade my road bike and didn't have any luck in my price range, so I have a Petite Felt ZW5 with 700s. I like it but don't love it. I feel like I'm fighting with it all the time.
My latest addition, being built as we speak, is going to be a Surly Straggler 650b. Gonna hit the gravel this year! I'm lucky because I have a mechanic with enough accounts to get what I want and who understands what fits someone my size.

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply